Fish Finder Hook up

Dom

Fish Finder Hook up

Post by Dom »

Was hoping someone could help me out, I got a humminbird for the bow of my boat and was woundering can I hard wire it right to the cranking battery? and use a fusible link in between the power wire and if so what amp of fuse should I use? its a humminbird 565 Thanks Dom
Tight Lines Dom
offduty

Re: Fish Finder Hook up

Post by offduty »

I think the fuse is 3 amp and my 998C SI and 1197C SI have been wired to buss bars that connect to the battery. Just dont try to run a lot of thin wire or you may not get enough power and have lock up issues. I have an 1197 on my bow and have had no problems.
Rich
Dom

Post by Dom »

Thanks I think I am going to hard wire it and use a fuse link in between the power cord I will research the best guage of wire to use . All the electrical works on my boat except the hot and ground at the bow I wired up the fishfinder and it works but it is telling me LOW VOLTAGE (its a alarm) I went into the menu and cut the alarm down but it keeps coming on and my volt meter is showing I got plenty of power going to everything else , I took the finder off the bow mount and put it on my 575 on my dash and it works fine so I am asumming its a bad hot wire.

Thanks
Tight Lines Dom
offduty

Post by offduty »

I had to change my wire to the bow because I was having problems with my 1197. Thats how I learned that the wire that comes with the unit is only good for a couple feet. Wire the size for the trolling motor might be overkill but I had some so I ran a + & - from my buss bars that I installed under my dash to the bow, the wire was left over from that project. it is definitely a 3 amp fuse. Good luck
Rich