Several Shimano questions...

Wild Bill

Several Shimano questions...

Post by Wild Bill »

Bantam, I got too many reels...yep 21 !!!!
Yeah, I know, many would want this problem...{LOL}
Due to tough finacial times, I need to sell some, and am seeking your professional guidance, please.
I have
3 chronarch 101A
5 curado 201BSF
10 Curado 201B
2 cuardo 201D { I will keep these on my frog rods]
1 Curado 301 E {I will keep this on my BIG swimbait rod].

I need to sell some 201B, 201 BSF, or Chronarch 101A, and hope you can tell me which, and why...

It appears to me, that both of the two models of 201 seem to outcast the 101A, and the SF models outcast the B models....
I was told thier line capacity of the 101A is only slightly less than the 201B, but the spool is visibly narrower on the 101A.

QUESTION #1: Should the 201 outcast the 101 normally ??

I have big hands so the size difference of the 101 being smaller, that seems to appeal to some[but not me], is not a factor for me.
Question #2: Is there some use or reason I should keep the Chronarchs over the Curados, or vice versa??

Question #3: ON the internet forums, what would be a fair and realistic price to ask for :
Chronarch 101A in VG appearance and mechanical be?

Question #4: Same for Curado 201B ?

I am not an e-bay guy.
I don't want to try to gouge anyone, nor donate to them...LOL

If you do not want to respond in the forum to these questions, could you please answer them in an e-mail?

fishnwilly@optonline.net

Thank you so much for your help and guidance in this
Share fishing with someone
bantam1

Re: Several Shimano questions...

Post by bantam1 »

I really can't tell you what the reels are worth. There is no blue book for reels. You can look online and see what others are being sold for and determine a price.

When you say your Curado reels cast better than your Chronarchs...are you comparing them by using the same rod, line and lures? Also the BSF models are Super Free and yes these will cast better because of the design. The 100 should cast lighter lures better because of the reduced spool weight.

Personally I would sell the older Curado B and BSF reels because several parts are no longer available. Same with the Chronarch A. The new models offer much better performance. They cast better, have more drag and more cranking power. They are also lighter in weight.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

I can comment somewhat on pricing. Generally speaking, dependant on condition a Curado B unit will sell for between $50 and $85 depending on condition.

The Chronarch A's somewhere between $80 and $110 depending on condition.

Mint condition reels you can add $10-$15 to the top end.

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Wild Bill

Post by Wild Bill »

Thanks, Dan !

I was just looking for a parameter of pricing, which you thankfully supplied me with.
As I said, when I post them for sale, I do not want to seem like I am too high in price and attempting to gouge anyone, nor be too cheap and thus be 'donating' them to someone.
Just wanted a 'fair' price...

These have all been great reels for me, and if the economy and my work was not so slow, there would be no way I would sell them, as they all are woking great.
Share fishing with someone