Casitas Inspection (longer)

Kelly Ripa

Casitas Inspection (longer)

Post by Kelly Ripa »

The Message Clean and Dry should be the soul intent of the inspection process and should meet the criteria set down by??? Well this is where it all gets fuzzy. I drove to Clear Lake and pulled into a tackle shop laid down my money and was outta the place in less than 10 minutes quagga stickers in hand and inspected....(Hey! I thought I did well as it was a tackle shop!). I came back anticipating the full Monty from the Casitas crew but they threw in a new twist. I Know that you have to remove everything from every locker ( Clear lake the boat was full to the brim with tackle) and I did. I spit shined the exterior and vacuumed every locker. Every 125 miles I'd pull over for gas on the way back from Clear Lake and swap out a towel in the bilge area. Buy the time I got to Salinas it was dry/dry/dry....I did not anticipate the fact that the rangers refused to give me an appointment time for either Friday or Saturday because they would be to busy with the thousands of campers coming. I was told to get there early and call a special number and extension and they would get back to me on either of those two days. I had Friday off so I drove straight to the lake at 8:00 and called the number. I explained to the woman that I was there for an inspection. I was parked in front in the boat inspection area at that time and could she send someone to inspect my boat when the first became available because as I explained to her “the later the time the more likelihood that they would be to busy” She agreed and said it was good that I had just called as the rangers were coming on duty now and she could send one right out. One hour and twenty minutes later I was interrupted in my reading by a woman who explained that she had forgot to tell anyone I was out there and she would send for someone. Oh thank you! ( Stupid $hit!] I gushed while I waited for THE Inspection.

This Dipp kept calling my lockers live wells while he went through every locker in the boat....I watched what he looked at and buddy if you don't think quaaga mussels can live on a faint stain of glitter left behind on a lid you are mistaken. I almost failed right there but Officer Dipp decide I was fairly Clean and was off to get the air compressor for the final check after I had lowered the engine without any water. Air Compressor? What's that for? I asked while trying to keep my voice from wavering. Oh, I gotta blow air through your live well tube he responded and off he went. Well I'm twice baked cuz I don't even own an air compressor. Clown Boy then explains the compressor might have been down the last time I came through and that he has to do this because we are being filmed. I hope somebody there at the lake reads this and backs up there tape( sure they have a tape of an inspection ) to where Officer Dipp blows air through the two storage lockers (not the live well...smile for the camera you Dipp) in my Champion which are located behind each seat and checks to make sure no water comes out of the live well tube. The live well is the all to conspicuous double doors setup in the center of the back deck which drains out of the hole specifically connected to the live well in the transom. The lockers that Officer Dipp was blowing air through have a drain hole which by the way.... goes to the bilge. So it soon dawned on me that I had passed the infamous INSPECTION yet again on what by their own criteria should have been a failed inspection as I have no doubt I could have gotten something to drip or give the appearance of being wet when some PSI gets to work'n where I sadly had failed to clean and dry my boat . How you could you find a more inept inspector I don't know. He was totally out of his element around any boat IMHO.... They are so frick'n smart here at Casitas that nobody could possibly know more or inspect more thoroughly than their staff. I'm call'n that B.S. The whole process is something from an Orwell novel. This is not the California I was born and raised in anymore and I have the monkeys at the gate at Casitas to thank for forever altering my outdoor fishing experience. Thank you Officer Dipp you done your job the best you knew how...now let's try to relax and enjoy ourselves on our private pond...
LET'S GO BRANDON
Remember ...What the Dormouse said...Feed your head!
Madbasser

Re: Casitas Inspection (longer)

Post by Madbasser »

All i can say is WOW!!! :shock:
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

It get's better....I went to Cachuma 3 weeks ago came back and got the same guy....he performed the same drill and this time I failed... :shock: ....How and why? Were my two questions. Water in your bilge....your bilge pump leaks. :lol: :lol: :lol: That's what he told me anyway.....I couldn't find one drop but didn't argue the point I just went home.....He told me to feel free to use the other lakes and I could be back for another try as early as August 12th....I can't print what I said. It's begining to feel like Russia...Good thing I have a a major project at home that should keep me busy for months.....I was only tourqued because I spent 4 hours cleaning and drying a boat that was clean and dry only to fail from a leaking bilge pump? That I can say I've not run in months.....I love Casitas.... :lol: .....
LET'S GO BRANDON
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Rip,
Thanks for the heads up.
Our club is going to Cachuma next weekend for a two day tourney.
I'll let everyone know to blow out their livewell lines, and jack up their boats so the bilge is dry.
I didn't realize the same rangers were at both Cachuma and Casitas.
Wow!
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Why doesnt this suprise me anymore..
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
eric n

Post by eric n »

These inspections have crossed the threshhold of lunacy in some cases.Try this one rip....I was at dvl fishing,when I got off the water to get tagged I was met with a somewhat flustered tagger.He stated I was at the lake 2 weeks prior,got tagged,cut that tag off and got reinspected 2 days before,cut that tag off and put my old one back on.WTF, are you kidding me?He then said it fitted the pattern?Pattern,what fn pattern?wtf are you talking about.Then he said the manager wanted my boat quarantened,mind this is after I got off the lake.What a joke.
It just so happened that i was away on business during that time frame and after showing hotel reciepts he turned his back on me and walked to his hut and shut the door.
Anyway,I feel your pain.I finally sucked it up and went back yesterday to the lake I love buy it truely was bittersweet.I have to get out of this state
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Folks, these stories continue to amaze me. I would seriously consider writing a well thought out letter to the appropriate management. Don't be mean spirited and tell them how you really feel :), but professional and detailed on what happened. Be sure you know the names of the key management and cc them on the letter. The more that know about it, the better. Also, contact Mike Giusti at DVL. I told him a couple of stories while at the Jamboree and he rolled his eyes.

If they don't know what is really happening from the people, where it is happening, all the stories are 3rd party and hearsay. The bottomline is the training is terrible and the people doing these inspections don't even understand what it is they are looking for or why. They follow instructions as best as they remember.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
npangler

Post by npangler »

If you think there is anything you can do to make the situation at casitas better i'm sorry but you just being nieve, the people at casitas will never change they like things just the way they are the fewer bass guys the better thats there opinion. in my opinion casitas cross the line along time ago what they are doing SHOULD BE ILLEAGLE!!! Scottsweet if you pm me with your number I will give the cold hard fact about casitas managment
could care less if you ever bring your bass boat there or not !
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Gotta agree it will never change....Maybe I should run for the water board.... :lol:...I'll get back in someday...I think August 27th but we'll see.I'll tell ya what Scott....Why don't you run your boat up to Casitas and see how you do.....Then you can write a well thought out non-offensive letter to some management type. In the meantime I'll just pretend I'm in a prisoner of war camp....stay inside the group so when the beatings and kickings get dished out I won't be on the perimeter but sheilded with some other anglers body. Honestly I have never seen an inspection that wasn't flawed at any lake...Do I open my mouth?.......What do you think? 8)

Rip
LET'S GO BRANDON
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

npangler wrote:If you think there is anything you can do to make the situation at casitas better i'm sorry but you just being nieve, the people at casitas will never change they like things just the way they are the fewer bass guys the better thats there opinion. in my opinion casitas cross the line along time ago what they are doing SHOULD BE ILLEAGLE!!! Scottsweet if you pm me with your number I will give the cold hard fact about casitas managment
could care less if you ever bring your bass boat there or not !
Feel free to call me at 818-448-3366. So you know, I was a part of the original group of people to try to get Casitas to be reasonable several years ago. I have personally talked to a couple of the board members and am well aware of their absolute crazy set of rules and assumptions. The bottom line, they care about making money by selling water. They could care less about bass fisherman.

They are a private lake and can do whatever they like to protect the water source. Also, since the state government, or any branch thereof, has not provided a guaranteed way to protect their water, they can do what ever they want. All that being said, I am not sure that the management is aware of these strange inconsistencies of the inspections. I don't know if Rob is still the head ranger there, but I am sure he would find these experiences a bit strange as well. However for anything to be done, they have to have documentation, not just a bunch of stories compiled by a bunch of people who don't seem capable of putting three sentences together.

Feel free to call me anytime.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Kelly Ripa wrote:Gotta agree it will never change....Maybe I should run for the water board.... :lol:...I'll get back in someday...I think August 27th but we'll see.I'll tell ya what Scott....Why don't you run your boat up to Casitas and see how you do.....Then you can write a well thought out non-offensive letter to some management type. In the meantime I'll just pretend I'm in a prisoner of war camp....stay inside the group so when the beatings and kickings get dished out I won't be on the perimeter but sheilded with some other anglers body. Honestly I have never seen an inspection that wasn't flawed at any lake...Do I open my mouth?.......What do you think? 8)

Rip
Kelly, I am so sorry for this crap. You are a good guy and clearly you are one of many people who are getting screwed by uneducated, inconsistent young people who simply are drawing a paycheck. I am not going to Casitas...hell..I never really liked the place anyways :). That being said, you would be surprised what happens if you put together a good story and ensure that the Board of Directors' management hear what is going on. They will say they are sorry publicly and will never admit anything, but I bet some hands would be slapped...maybe a head would roll too.

What is interesting I couldn't find anything about blowing air in the lines in their procedures, but I have heard multiple times that is what they do. They can do whatever they want to prevent the quagga's from getting in their lake.

Also, they list Lake Powell as a lake infected with quagga/zebras, but I can't find any record of that. Wonder where that information came from...

Sorry again Kelly. I just stay away from those crazy idiots who have no idea what they are doing. You may recall that back in 2008 I was to fish a tournament at Casitas and was banned...because I had a pine needle in my ice chest. You know, quagga's have wings and land on pine trees and then infect the waters of their lake :). UGH
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
Ron T.

Post by Ron T. »

Than on the flip side. I just returned from Lake Nacimiento for a short vacation. As allways we took the ski boat. Yes I have a split personality that changes when it gets warm. Any how we pull in to Herritage Ranch for an inspection. Thinking it shouldnt be to bad but nothing like Casitas. The person doing the inspection tells me its a 5.00 charge and I pay. Just another Tax I'm thinking . Well he walks past the boat looks to see the plug is removed and I'm on my way, thinking , Really ? never touched the hull or any compartments. Remember these ski boats can hold hundreds of gallons of ballast water. We get to the launch ramp on sat and sun. and find a person who asks for the reciept of the inspection. Tells me the ramp and new gate is closed from 10 pm till 7 am to prevent uninspected boats from entering. Whatever. Later I learned the only days they ask for the recieps for the inspections is on the weekends. Mon. threw fri. other than the gate hours nobody checking for the inspection card at the gate. I know becouse I was able to just blow right threw Mon. and earlier today. Another failed system that doesnt make any sence. Whatever guys , we are just going to have to bite our toungues and deal with it for now.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

With all the taxpayer dollars it will cost if the mussels do get into our lakes, we should all be pissed at this "matador" inspection routine whenever we run across it.
It's like when you use a credit card, and they don't ask for picture I.D. That's how we wind up paying millions in additional charges, to cover the cost of credit card fraud.
Our State is short of money as it is. We can argue about how our tax dollars are being misused, or wasted, but it will still cost all of us in the end.
If some clown lets mussels into our water systems, it's going to cost millions just to clean the pipes and pumps, and that will be an annual, never ending cost.
Instead of us moaning about the "inconvenience", we should chew the lax inspector a new one, take their name, and report it to the lake, and to the DFG.
We can't afford to be "nice guys" and let this slide, because one of the poorly inspected boats will bring the mussels in, and then it will be too late.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
DeltaBound

Post by DeltaBound »

The Lake Caistas inspection process is absolutley rediculous. I haven't taken my boat to Casitas since all this nonsense started (years now). It would appear that the Lake Casitas staff are trying to justify their existance. Quagga means jobs end of story. Hemet gets my money now. If people would boycot Lake Casitas maybe they would lighten up.
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

DeltaBound wrote:The Lake Caistas inspection process is absolutley rediculous. I haven't taken my boat to Casitas since all this nonsense started (years now). It would appear that the Lake Casitas staff are trying to justify their existance. Quagga means jobs end of story. Hemet gets my money now. If people would boycot Lake Casitas maybe they would lighten up.
I understand what you are saying...but do you think its justifiable for people who live 5-20 mins away to boycott Casitas??? Really? They won't care a single bit if people boycott because during the summer the water park and camp grounds are sold out. They have these same people renting the tin boats and pontoon boats.

I hate to say it, but as long as they are getting water from the lake they won't care. Its a drinking water lake and thats all they care about. If you attended the meetings for the tagging system and even giving angler a CHANCE to get back on the water, we as bass fisherman mean nothing to them.

Sad thing is...take it as it is or leave it. It sucks because even living 20 mins from the lake i'd love to mix it up certain weekends and go to Cachuma, Pyramid and other lakes.

it is what it is and sadly complaining, protesting and such won't do a bit of good. Like i said, as long as the lake gets to continue to sell the water to the surrounding areas, they will continue to be fickle.
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

I have been fishing Casitas since the day it opened, well over 50 years.
Casitas is a well run lake, clean camp grounds and restrooms, good cafe, good lunch ramps and world class bass fishing.....until the Quaggas mussel issue and DGF stopped planting trout. The Quagga inspection and tagging system eliminates me form fishing any other lake, the weekly lack of trout plants reduces the trophy bass population. This will be the last year I fish Casitas and I enjoyed fishing there more than any other SoCal lake.
What is needed is the DFG to step up and come up with a state wide inspection/tagging system for all our lakes with the potentail of Quagga mussel investation that would allow lakes like Casitas to honor boats to enter without being
subjected to the inconsistancies of various untrained municipale employees enforcing unrealistic regulations. If or when Quagga's invest a lake, the state will need to be involved, the local municipalty will request state money.
Tom
Last edited by Oldschool on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark Rogers

Post by Mark Rogers »

4 reasons I will probably never fish Casitas again.

1.) Water districts stance on what they feel is "right" to protect their lake
2.) DGF's failed attempt to continue planting trout. I guess the non-existent Steelhead that come up the river don't have to worry about cross breeding.
3.) Ranger Robs trophy Red Ear stocking program instead of allocating funds for trout (that by the way bring a LOT more people to the lake than Red Ear)
4.) 29" bass that now look like this.

It was fun Casitas... thanks for the memories.
Attachments
29_bass.JPG
29_bass.JPG (76.47 KiB) Viewed 5635 times
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

When I moved from Maryland to Calif. in 1969, my dad taught me how to bassfish at Casitas. We would tow our bowrider family boat up there every weekend, and some of my fondest memories were listening to the stories in line in the morning from "Tex Bass Gaddis" who was the local killer at that time. In short, it has always been one of my alltime favorite lakes. But as an OC guy, when the rules changed, I stopped going just due to the fact that in no way was I going to wait the required time out. I know the locals who live there still support that place, and that is their right to do so. But IMHO, the lake should get no support in the press whatsoever, as they have really cut off most of the fishing population and Casitas is really no different than any other private lake like Sherwood or Lake Mission Viejo. All the fisherman there should support, Piru and Castaic and the Tourney org's that use those venues. With less gate fees generated maybe some of the rules will be changed, and common sense will again take over that once great lake. No Trout plants, no fish reports in WON, nothing. Let them try that for a few years and see if it changes anything, because what their doing now is doing nothing. Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
offduty

Post by offduty »

I think that Eric said it best when he said it is what it is. A lot of people have tried to make things better but we got what we got. The lake has gone down hill fishing wise and that has been posted and shown. I know tournaments are not as plentiful as they used to be and I am thankful for that as it took a lot of pressure off the lake. I am not trying to offend anyone but I like to catch fish and have fished many a day after a tourney where the fish had lock jaw as all my favorite spots got pounded for 2 days before.

I am not against tournament fishing, I am for keeping as many freedoms as possible. Unfortunately some freedoms have been lost at Casitas. A lot of people think they know how to fix things but talk is cheap. We owe Larry Elshere and some others a bit of gratitude for helping to get us a system that allows us to fish the lake at all. I really dont understand the mentality that if one cant have it their way they want to make it tougher on others, that sort of "CLOSE IT" mentality. There are a lot of lakes to fish and some are harder to get in then others. I think if you can afford to fish a lot and travel to do it with your new boat and big truck to run the tourney trail you are pretty fortunate. I personally can not afford to pay for all that gas let alone fees associated with it and I put in about 17 days for a total of 408 hrs a month as a state fireman.

Casitas is a drinking water reservoir that is maintained from the surrounding watershed. It can not be refilled from pumped in water from elsewhere as there is nothing piped in to it. It is the water supply for a lot of western Ventura Co and the communities close to it. Obviously there is a concern to protect a drinking water reservoir that would take decades to be filled if it had to be drained. Selling water is big $ and the water board has made it their #1 priority. As anglers we really dont matter to them we are lucky to have what we got. We need more water and the environmentalists are the biggest obstacle to overcome in building more reservoirs along with our current budget problems.

I wish everyone the best with their lives and fishing endeavors. Get what you can for you and yours and encourage others to do the best they can with what they have to work with. Obviously we can not all have our way all the time with the population size and density we have.
Rich
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

offduty wrote:I think that Eric said it best when he said it is what it is. A lot of people have tried to make things better but we got what we got. The lake has gone down hill fishing wise and that has been posted and shown. I know tournaments are not as plentiful as they used to be and I am thankful for that as it took a lot of pressure off the lake. I am not trying to offend anyone but I like to catch fish and have fished many a day after a tourney where the fish had lock jaw as all my favorite spots got pounded for 2 days before.

I am not against tournament fishing, I am for keeping as many freedoms as possible. Unfortunately some freedoms have been lost at Casitas. A lot of people think they know how to fix things but talk is cheap. We owe Larry Elshere and some others a bit of gratitude for helping to get us a system that allows us to fish the lake at all. I really dont understand the mentality that if one cant have it their way they want to make it tougher on others, that sort of "CLOSE IT" mentality. There are a lot of lakes to fish and some are harder to get in then others. I think if you can afford to fish a lot and travel to do it with your new boat and big truck to run the tourney trail you are pretty fortunate. I personally can not afford to pay for all that gas let alone fees associated with it and I put in about 17 days for a total of 408 hrs a month as a state fireman.

Casitas is a drinking water reservoir that is maintained from the surrounding watershed. It can not be refilled from pumped in water from elsewhere as there is nothing piped in to it. It is the water supply for a lot of western Ventura Co and the communities close to it. Obviously there is a concern to protect a drinking water reservoir that would take decades to be filled if it had to be drained. Selling water is big $ and the water board has made it their #1 priority. As anglers we really dont matter to them we are lucky to have what we got. We need more water and the environmentalists are the biggest obstacle to overcome in building more reservoirs along with our current budget problems.

I wish everyone the best with their lives and fishing endeavors. Get what you can for you and yours and encourage others to do the best they can with what they have to work with. Obviously we can not all have our way all the time with the population size and density we have.

Thanks man, someone else who lives this daily and has been close to it from the day this has taken place.

Its super easy to point fingers and play supervisor to something they feel is right...but unfortunately we have no say here and nothing we do will matter.

People that think boycotting, protesting, or something else will matter it wont...trust me, my dad has run SOOO many numbers and figures it INSANE! Shoot, remember, they CLOSED Casitas to ALL outside boats regardless! Trust me, they DON'T care what we want!
Eric Elshere

offduty

Post by offduty »

I know Bro and your dad deserves a lot of credit for what we do have. I also attended all the board meetings. I too would like to hit Piru and Cachuma occasionally but I am locked in. I am grateful I am not locked completely out as I live in Oak View and could not afford to fish very often If Casitas was not an option.
Rich
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

man that poor bass is starving... very sad...
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

When they locked us out I sold my pride and joy Champion that I bought at Angler's Marine the next morning. I also bought a boat on the inside that same day. We have watched the decline and mismanagement. They flip flopped on the closure so fast I had barely tricked out my new ride when the cable system that had been suggested at the onset of this B.S. by I think Larry??? Was instilled. There is little we can do other than cluck our tongues and I think I'm in the same bucket as you guys...costly to travel yet..........I gotta once in a while and that's how this bit me. I could not argue with the gent so I didn't. It is what it is to a point. I believe I have some friends down south that need to loan me their junkier boat so I/we can get out down the street and ply the other waters as well. I know others have done it but it seems so extreme....Gotta do what I gotta do.....Good thing the pelagic bite is turning on....Let's go fish'n. :mrgreen:
LET'S GO BRANDON
DeltaBound

Post by DeltaBound »

Well, money is money and Hemet and sometimes Castaic gets mine for the most part. The town of Ojai does care about people spending money there don't they?
stillina99pro

Post by stillina99pro »

I'm just praying they get hosed on this whole thing......man.......this place really P'd me off several times. One day they will be missing the revenue from the thousands of boats that used to go fish there. After everyone gets mad enough to stay away maybe some people will start losing their jobs there. Even the camping there is as lame as it can get. Because no one is there at night to regulate things, so people can party all night long and be as loud as they want with no ranger or even camp host to say anything.

Ohh yeah......the Rangers at Casitas are some of the rudest people my family has ever dealt with. Everyone should just let Casistas "Hang Themselves" literally!
npangler

Post by npangler »

AMEN
TCS

Post by TCS »

Yep feel bad for the people of oak view. We used to stay at the hotel two nights, eat at the killer bbq place two nights and drink at the bar both nights. its a shame what our state is becoming.
Dave Wilson

Post by Dave Wilson »

on the subject of Casitas inspections:
Thanks to Larry for the idea of the cable system, or else we'd be not using the lake. (unless you kept a boat there).
I was one of the first three inspectors- we were trained by MWD and the State. The inspections always involved compressed air, and I used to get the honor of crawling under boat hulls to look for attached aquatic life. Many posters on this board have boats I'm familiar with.
I wasn't allowed to cut and install my own tags even though I was the sole tagger for every night event, and opened the gate and cut tags for every day tourney. I had to wait for another ranger to show up to cut my tag so I could fish- this was because some fellow basshole complained to the board that I could cheat the system. That was too much for me, so I went back to a higher- paying job.
I wish I could take my boat to other lakes too, but I'm too lazy to go through the reinspections each time.
I wish the lake could plant more crawdads- state won't allow it. I wish they'd plant more rainbows too- people and bass seem to enjoy catching them.
Kelly Ripa

End of my Casitas Saga

Post by Kelly Ripa »

One more thing to consider: MOISTURE or RAIN

I was ready to go at ten minutes to eight but it dawned on me that it was foggy and I might get condensation on the boat on the 3 mile drive to the lake for my re-inspection. I unhooked and drove to the lake where I waited for the first available person to come on station so I could ask about it. As luck would have it Ranger Rob appears. He tells me I can't just show up for a quagga inspection and when I tell him I would have set it for 8 that morning and then where would I be if I kept my appointment ???? Failed because I had condensation on the boat? In a word. Yes! He was going to give me his number ( I have it thank you ) and have me call back....He told me to look at the bright side at least we weren't on the coast were it might not clear until one or two. True but we aren't in Palmdale either so WTF. Zero tolerance for water during the inspection means exactly what it implies. I pissed away the whole morning waiting for the fog to lift at my house and went and got inspected at 11:00. Rob and I had a nice long talk during and after the inspection. I showed him where and why I had previously failed and for that he was truly sorry. I asked why the inspector had continued the test when he had determined that I had water in my bilge and for this Rob was sorry. I know this much.....In this economy it's going to be tough to see someone stick up for anything if it might cost him/her their job and I'm in that same boat row 'n with the rest of you....I know it could be a better/different/easier system but as a California native I will never see it ever return to any resemblance of former glory.....Am I okay with that? No. Am I going to change it? No. I will just continue to fish within the constraints and enjoy my time on the water as my civil liberties slowly ebb and the world becomes a stranger to me....an old use to was'r living in a trailer............ :D :lol: :lol:

If your coming to Casitas for an inspection the simple truth is:

Clean it like your trying to sell it.

See you on the water in two more weeks when I have passed my ten day quarantine..... :oops: ,,,,, :lol:
LET'S GO BRANDON
stillina99pro

Post by stillina99pro »

If I ever go completely crazy in my life I know the first place I'll go and the first person I'll see............... Man.....why do I bother even checking up on this subject it just shows me how many Moronic people in this state alone want to ruin everything that a father and son can or could do in the good ol'e days. My dream is that I hope one day all these people will be affected severly by what they have done........ The ( Ranger) who brags on starting the cable option and Feinstein and several other great personalities like them. My apologies to Larry, especially if your not a cable guy. :lol:
Last edited by stillina99pro on Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

stillina99pro wrote:If I ever go completely crazy in my life I know the first place I'll go and the first person I'll see............... Man.....why do I bother even checking up on this subject it just shows me how many Moronic people in this state alone want to ruin everything that a father and son can or could do in the good ol'e days. My dream is that I hope one day all these people will be affected severly by what they have done........LARRY "the cable guy" ( Ranger) and Feinstein and several other great personalities like them.
Get your facts straight before chiming in please...Larry is a fisherman just like you, NOT A RANGER! Larry gave anyone the ability to fish here again PERIOD. Without his help we'd never be on the lake again. Trust me people, if you still think ranting and raving will cause them to change you are in for a pissing fest you will lose everyday there is.
Eric Elshere

Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

Ranger Larry???... Feinstein????:lol: :lol: :lol: ...Sorry Eric,,,,I had to....Those locked in know the drill Eric....The rest will have to find out for themselves. How did Pop do last night?....He passed me go'n to the pond whilst I was just get'n home from the grind... 8)
LET'S GO BRANDON
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

Rip,

Not too sure how he did, haven't talked to him since Tuesday night. he said Tuesday was brutal, had a few fish but nothing too great. Ranger Larry...wouldn't that be something. LOL! He'd never get to fish and we know that won't do him any good!
Eric Elshere

stillina99pro

Post by stillina99pro »

I never said ranting and raving was gonna fix anything. And again apologies to Larry. Well ... who cares what his name is, in regards to the ranger who brags about starting the cable system. I dont care if his name is Obama! Oh wow..... :o what a coincidence another guy who is making great things happen for our well being. Hey look, Obama and Casistas go together in many ways just think about em. Oh and Mr. E, here's a straight fact for you . Casitas is "Lame" ! I have to say, I totally agree with what Rick G wrote up above. Go Rick!

Well have fun at "Casheetas". Oh did I get that name wrong too....... hughhh.
offduty

Post by offduty »

stillina99pro wrote:I never said ranting and raving was gonna fix anything. And again apologies to Larry. Well ... who cares what his name is, in regards to the ranger who brags about starting the cable system. I dont care if his name is Obama! Oh wow..... :o what a coincidence another guy who is making great things happen for our well being. Hey look, Obama and Casistas go together in many ways just think about em. Oh and Mr. E, here's a straight fact for you . Casitas is "Lame" ! I have to say, I totally agree with what Rick G wrote up above. Go Rick!

Well have fun at "Casheetas". Oh did I get that name wrong too....... hughhh.
Thanks for clarifying your stance, I think I can understand you better now.
All the best to you and yours.
Rich
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

stillina99pro ....I'll send you a P.M. about this....You need to back away from the keyboard...... :lol: :lol: :lol:
LET'S GO BRANDON
stillina99pro

Post by stillina99pro »

Thanks (Offduty) glad to hear that. Yeah....it probably is a good idea I dont read these (Casitas) threads anymore. Seeing that it fires me up pretty good and they owe me money to boot. Good luck everyone with that Prison standard lake. :lol:

Off to collect my money........ :roll: :D
frisbee

Post by frisbee »

Yup, the place is a business run by the bottom line, and fisherman contribute the least up there. every time someone with a year pass goes in there they lose money. each of those tags has to cost at least 50 cents.
I am chiming in to say that complaining will not help, but make all of our lives a little more difficult.
The various systems in place may be flawed, but complaining about the staff will only make their bosses start barking and make things more difficult for us in the long run.
the post that started this thread is a perfect example. To the author, forgive me for using this as an example, but complaining about the staff when you should have failed was not the best decision. why complain when you get lucky? just gonna make the man come down harder on you and everyone else. Karma at Cachuma?
i gave up on fighting and just try to "walk in the middle of the line and smile"
Levy

Post by Levy »

frisbee wrote:Yup, the place is a business run by the bottom line, and fisherman contribute the least up there. every time someone with a year pass goes in there they lose money. each of those tags has to cost at least 50 cents.
I am chiming in to say that complaining will not help, but make all of our lives a little more difficult.
The various systems in place may be flawed, but complaining about the staff will only make their bosses start barking and make things more difficult for us in the long run.
the post that started this thread is a perfect example. To the author, forgive me for using this as an example, but complaining about the staff when you should have failed was not the best decision. why complain when you get lucky? just gonna make the man come down harder on you and everyone else. Karma at Cachuma?
i gave up on fighting and just try to "walk in the middle of the line and smile"
You must be French.
Kelly Ripa

Post by Kelly Ripa »

You must be French.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
LET'S GO BRANDON
frisbee

Post by frisbee »

hmmm, french? not sure i get it...
anyhow, back to my point:
We are all in a tough situation with our local lakes. Lake staff are probably just as pissed about these procedures as we are. They are just doing what they are told, and will make mistakes just like the rest of us do. Giving them attitude is not going to improve our situation, but possibly make it worse.