stella question

mikear

stella question

Post by mikear »

I have a stella 3000
I fish 20 pound power pro on it. Every 10 cast or so i get wind knots. It woould happend even if it wasnt windy out. It has happend every trip for about the last year. I have spooled it 3 times with new power pro in the last year.
I have a Diawa Fuego 3000 that i use with 20 power pro and it has only knot up 2 or 3 times in the last year and a half..
I friend of mine said the the reel comes with extra washers and by replacing the ones under the spool it should help with the wind knots.

Will this work or is their somthing els i can do?
Or is it the pro and how it how the Stella handels it..

thanks
Mike
bantam1

Re: stella question

Post by bantam1 »

What model Stella 3000 do you have? How did you spool the reel with line? Did you do it, or did you have a tackle shop do it?

The spool shims only control the line lay on the spool. Adding or removing washers will not correct line twist issues.
mikear

Post by mikear »

Thanks for the speedy responce..
I always put braid on with a line machine. I use to work at a tackle shop.
The model that i have is 3000fb.
I fish the reel on a Gloomis SJR 842.
bantam1

Post by bantam1 »

That is the problem. The line machine is not going to stack the line like the oscillation speed of your reel. Let all the line out behind the boat and wind it all back on while moving slowly on the trolling motor. This will place enough tension on the line. Your problems should go away.