mercury fuel line

Trace

mercury fuel line

Post by Trace »

I have been told to replace the fuel line from the mercury red label to the new blue label. Since my current fuel line has a larger black fuel line to the bulb then the red label gray line, do I need to replace the black line too or just the the gray line. Hopefully someone knows what I'm talkin about.
Thanks.
Trace
Jim Moulton

Re: mercury fuel line

Post by Jim Moulton »

Gray Line
www.teamccmarine.com
C & C Marine
Modesto Ca
209-526-4120
Ranger Boats
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

Replace the grey line then cut the old one open to see if it has deteriorated or is still intact. If it has started to flake talk to your mechanic.
eagle123777

Post by eagle123777 »

Trace wrote:I have been told to replace the fuel line from the mercury red label to the new blue label. Since my current fuel line has a larger black fuel line to the bulb then the red label gray line, do I need to replace the black line too or just the the gray line. Hopefully someone knows what I'm talkin about.
Thanks.
Trace
on bbc as well as my mechanic replace everything due to ethanol. on bbc merc 3.0 liter thread you can read all about the lines and where to order.
jack
usaf (ret)
triton 21x2
Jim Moulton

Post by Jim Moulton »

We stock these fuel lines at both Modesto and Citrus Heights location.
www.teamccmarine.com
C & C Marine
Modesto Ca
209-526-4120
Ranger Boats
Trace

Post by Trace »

Jim,
Do you stock one like I currently have? The one with the black line then to gray line?
Thanks guys for the help.
Trace
XMAN

Post by XMAN »

..Just did my small outboard..portable tank to motor w/bulb..8ft hose w/bulb ran me 50 bucks...merc hose for 4.27/ft..merc bulb ran 12.95...split open old hose and it showed no residue or break down..it came from a 2003 tohatsu tank hose with not much use but fuel was in it always and new was added every 3 mo for 20 minute startup purposes...the old 5/16in gas line sure shrunk though.....X