Public apology to Marine Unlimited and Brant Behler

dan-k

Public apology to Marine Unlimited and Brant Behler

Post by dan-k »

As the subject heading states; A public apology to Marine Unlimited and Brant Behler is in order. A few months back I made a post here regarding two Ranger boats and my dealings with Brant. If you read the original post then you know what I am referring to, if you did not read the post then it does not concern you……

The owner of the R82 posted the boat on the classifieds here and I PM’ed him about it. He called me on this past Friday and I had the opportunity to ask him how the deal went down with his R82 and Marine Unlimited. He explained to me that he was planning to trade it in toward his new(er) Ranger, but changed his mind and wished to consign it for $7500. He said he took the boat into Brant on a Saturday and it was agreed that they would like to get $7500 for it. He said later that day or the next day, he and his wife researched current bass boat prices and he felt the boat was worth more money. He said he called Brant first thing Monday morning and told him to raise the price to the neighborhood of $9500….

If you read my original post (and remember the details), then you know this is on the money with what I was being told by Brant. Unfortunately, I have been lied to before and assumed Brant was attempting to squeeze more money out of me. This was my error and I was proven wrong.

My apologies to Brant and Marine Unlimited for doubting your integrity, it turns out you were being honest and straight forward with me the entire time…. I hope there are no hard feelings.

If anyone has any doubts about Brant Behler or Marine Unlimited based on my post, please disregard them!!!!
DaveH

Re: Public apology to Marine Unlimited and Brant Behler

Post by DaveH »

I remember your post, sounded like they were trying to burn you, but as you said you heard what happened from the horses mouth... But the consigned the boat at the first price and you made a offer at that price, to me, you should have got that boat at that price and the dealer should have worked it out in what ever way they could with the seller or ate the differce to save face!
Dan Stahlman

Re: Public apology to Marine Unlimited and Brant Behler

Post by Dan Stahlman »

I strongly disagree that the dealer should eat the difference. Number one, Brant showed the boat for the owner. Number two, the owner has the option of setting or changing the price, not the dealer and number three, with the economy the way it is the dealers are lucky to be staying in business. I think it was a good post and he is a stand-up guy for admitting his mistake in judgement.