need some help

new2bassfishin

need some help

Post by new2bassfishin »

I bought a few rods today at a yard sale. I am horrible at knowing which rod for which type of fishing so I thought id ask u guys.
1. Okuma guide select gs- c-7111xh
2. Lamiglas competitor cc705

I got both for $60... good deal???
Also what are some decent inexpensive reels for them?

Thanks in advance
Zac
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Re: need some help

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

The Okuma rod is a swimbait rod..You could also use it for pumching and as a flipping stick..The Lamiglas could also be used the same ways (I think)..I am not sure at all on it..

Was the price $60 for both or each..Either way it isn't too bad..

I have a Calcutta 100 mounted on my Okuma, but any decent reel should work..If you are going to use it for swimbaits, I would recommend a good heavy duty reel, not heavy in weight, but in capability..A lot of people use Curados, but for larger swimbaits I prefer a good round reel, such as the Calcutta..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..
new2bassfishin

Post by new2bassfishin »

Thanks mac
It was 60 total for the both of em
new2bassfishin

Post by new2bassfishin »

What are some good starter swimbaits? Never used them before
mac (Doyle McEwen)

Post by mac (Doyle McEwen) »

I am probably the wrong one to ask or answer this question..I haven't had much success with swimbaits, probably because I do not spen enough time using them..The only ones I have had any success with are the River 2 Sea Bottomwalkers..I have done very well with them on Trinity, but haven't done well anywhere else..Currently I am using the Trashfish most often, but so far not doing too well with them either..I am sure someone else will come along and give you a lot better advice..I do know it takes a lot of use to excel at swimbait fishing, no matter which you choose to use..

mac
Take a kid fishing, and don't forget about us older kids either..