Bass Booger

Re: AC Havasu TOC

Post by 619 »

Shaun Bailey and Billy Skinner.
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

They did?

I thought Mike Rooke and partner won that event.....

Post by 619 »

Apperently there was a mistake made and the team that won didn't qualify for tournament according to rule #20 and 21. One of the team members only fished one qualifying event with his partner. Rules are rules. At least the mistake was found and corrected before awards were given.
Keith R

Post by Keith R »

That is news to me, and I was there. Was this announced? I don't think a decision has been made.
kitjack

Post by kitjack »

I heard Hutch approved them to get into the tournament in advance, so how can you then disqualify them for what you already approved?
Keith R

Post by Keith R »

There are alot of Rumors flying around. It would be nice if AC would clear it all up whatever the outcome is.

Post by 619 »

rule 20 and 21
Frog bite

Post by Frog bite »

I know that they fished with written permission from USAC and that many Fishermen and teams new before the tourney and a few weeks prior that the team was going to fish, no written protest were filed on the friday before, saturday after weigh in and sunday after the weigh in RULE # 10 bolth these guys are honest fisherman.(FACT)Good luck to Rick and Mike
Keith R

Post by Keith R »

No doubt that they are both honest and great sticks, but how could AC allow it to happen? All of us sacrafice something in our lives to fish these tournaments. Kids sports, family time, work....There is no doubt that Mike and Rick won the tournament, and they do deserve it. Rules are Rules, and in order to maintain the integrity of our sport, they must be adhered to. Whatever AC decides to do about it is out of my control, and I for one, will continue to fish AC. Everyone makes mistakes, it's how you react and insure that it does repeat itself in the future that will make others interested in fishing circuit.
sniper

Post by sniper »

Well said my friend. Rules are rules and can anyone break them on a whim? "I had to work to support my family", "I had to see my wifes aunt in the hospitat" etc etc etc. We all could come up with similar situations and I for one would never expect a written exemption, verbal exemption or anything else for my bad luck, bad timing or misfortunes. If the rule is indeed a written one, then abiding by it is the utmost in integrity. I wasn't even there so I don't have a dog in the fight but I feel badly for all involved, especially since it is already so difficult to keep this tournament machine rolling with this economy.
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

I totally agree with Sniper. I wasn't there either, but I do fish other circuits. It would really be irritating if I were in second place and to have this happen. The question is, are the rules rules or just guidelines?
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

Frog bite wrote:I know that they fished with written permission from USAC and that many Fishermen and teams new before the tourney and a few weeks prior that the team was going to fish, no written protest were filed on the friday before, saturday after weigh in and sunday after the weigh in RULE # 10 bolth these guys are honest fisherman.(FACT)Good luck to Rick and Mike
The only way this statement can be used as an agreement to let them fish is if Hutch got up at the pre-derby meeting and expained to EVERY team, not just a select few, that they were letting this team fish even though they had not met the same qualifing standards as the rest of the teams fishing. Everyone has to qualify the same for each Org to keep the integrity of this sport. If Hutch did explain that then there should be no question who the winners are.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
Keith R

Post by Keith R »

619 wrote:rule 20 and 21
And 22 !!!!!!
22.) PARTNERS: A member may fish the first two events of a trail’s season solo without a designated partner. Members accumulate points for the designate team when fishing alone providing the other team member does not participate in that same event. Either member of a team is allowed to fish up to 3 events alone and representing the team, providing that the team fishes at least 4 tournaments together. No substitution of partners will be allowed except in cases of partner death, catastrophic illness, military duty, and/or at the Regional Vice President’s discretion. . USAC Team events are just that – team events. Once you choose your partner, you must fish with that partner throughout the season for Championship qualifying and points accumulation.
doug77

Post by doug77 »

We fished the past 2 tocs for AC.This year I specifically asked if we could fish the TOC because we ended in the TOP 10.We were told NO.The only way to qualify for the TOC was to fish a minimum of 6 tournaments.AC lack of response to this issue is insulating(it will conviently be passed off as legal advice not to).I do not blame the anglers who won-they did nothing wrong.The only right thing to do at this point is give 1st and 2nd place each a boat and pay down accordingly.This is an insult to the anglers who have supported this circuit.
Levy

Post by Levy »

Gee what a shocker, another issue with a Mark M. owned tourny or business. When will you all learn :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keith R

Post by Keith R »

AC, any update? :roll:
Anyone?
Bueller?
Bueller?
CHAMP200

Post by CHAMP200 »

Keith, it does'nt seem like anybody in the AC camp wants to talk about this, seems like more AC smoke and mirrors, I know alot of guys up this way are not considering any AC tourneys this year due to this and other issues, seems like the only time they want to say anything is when they are bashing WON
25% of TEAM NO THREAT
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Hey guys-

I don't know what the current status is. I wish I did.
I think the ball is in Mark's court right now. I'm watching you Rini!!! Hahahaha!

Brian
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

It is in Marks Court???? It will probably be in someone elses Court if he doesn't get to the bottom of this!

Where is next years TOC?
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

I think it's going to be at Mead.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

sniper

Post by sniper »

Hey Kieth,
maybe you should sent Mendez the "Whistling Girl" Text"!!!!!
Keith R

Post by Keith R »

sniper wrote:Hey Kieth,
maybe you should sent Mendez the "Whistling Girl" Text"!!!!!
I have no idea what you are referring to
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

When you don't have the national anthem, the whistler makes a fine substitute!