Quickcleen vs. Stabil

Fishitifyoucan

Quickcleen vs. Stabil

Post by Fishitifyoucan »

What's the difference and what do you guys use?
GregD

Re: Quickcleen vs. Stabil

Post by GregD »

Use both... they have different functions.

Quickleen removes carbon deposits from carburetors and injectors, intake valves and spark plugs. Stabil is a fuel stabilzer.
Greg
offduty

Post by offduty »

Quickcleen is Merc's fuel additive just like Ring free is Yamaha's, some prefer Seafoam.
Stabil is a fuel stabilizer to counter the affects of ethanol, water and for fuel preservation. The other 3 are to prevent carbon deposits, gumming and to keep fuel passages and rings and valves clear. I run Ringfree and marine Stabil in a 250 4 stroke SHO.
Rich
jloo283

Post by jloo283 »

quickleen removes carbon deposits during run, stabil minimizes gasoline phase separation during long term storage or winterization if you've got a lot of gas in your tank. both are poured into the gasoline tank.

after every 50 gal of gas, I use 4 oz of quickleen with 20 gals of gas, each oz treats 5 gal, on my optimax. don't be afraid to do WOT during this time. I don't use stabil as I don't winterize or leave the boat unused for long.

some feel there's no need to spend the $12 for a 12oz bottle of quickleen since techron works in a similar fashion, and it's mostly true. it's more true on 4 strokes but on 2 strokes, including optimax, I've seen noticeably cleaner plugs, especially after extended amount of low RPM.

I've also heard of merc technicians running quickleen as a first step in troubleshooting engine performance issues.

These guys swear by it here http://www.veradoclub.com/smf/

James
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I run stabil through my boat when i am not fishing as often, like now i run sea foam as a fuel additive as listed above. The stabil is to slow down the affects of ethanol speration in the fuel tanks.
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
fishndp

Post by fishndp »

I have used Star tron instead of Stabil and always had good luck with it.
civicrr

Post by civicrr »

I use the Mercury Quickare now instead of Stabil. Seems they end up costing the same so I figure why not use the Mercury product. I use it with every gallon of gas to help prevent phase separation from the ethanol fuels.

I almost always use Quickleen with every gallon.
eagle123777

Post by eagle123777 »

Fishitifyoucan wrote:What's the difference and what do you guys use?
in the mercury thread on BBC there is a master mechanic (don) that recommends a coctail of 3...quickclean..seafoam..stabil...u can read about it there..
jack
usaf (ret)
triton 21x2