Deep cycle batteries

Derrick

Deep cycle batteries

Post by Derrick »

I need 2 . I have Group 31 what are you guys recomending?

Thanks Derrick
jloo283

Re: Deep cycle batteries

Post by jloo283 »

I use group 27 AGM from Sears.
James
ASD

Post by ASD »

optima blue top
rmd

Post by rmd »

Group 31 agm Deka are great
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

Interstate SRM29
With so many distributors Nationwide its easier to warranty than a Deka. Although Deka has a great warranty return program. Just very hard to find Distributors. Especially if you need it in a hurry. Interstate you can find just about anywhere.
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

OPTIMA Blue Tops...

more running time and up to 3 times more recharges than what you’d get out of a traditional battery. It’s perfect for boats with electric trolling motors, onboard electronics that tend to drain batteries quickly. In addition to providing weight savings and outstanding vibration resistance, the BlueTop’s efficient power delivery and faster recharge time mean you’ll spend less time worrying about your battery. The OPTIMA BlueTop is ideal for those who need a sure-starting, strong cranking, maintenance-free power source
•3x more recharges
•Both Dual Purpose and Starting applications available
•More than 15x the vibration resistance
•Completely spill-proof, mountable in many positions
•Maintenance free
•Optimal starting power, regardless of temperature
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

Costco Kirkland, and now Walmart never start marine batteries are made by Johnson controls. Same company that makes interstate. The batteries are identical to interstates and are 69 bucks.

I heard rumors that since Costco doesn't test batteries when there returned that some people "not me" might write the date they got them on there batteries and return them before the 100% warranty drops to 60%. Those guys never have any battery issues. Lol
LL
eagle123777

Post by eagle123777 »

Derrick wrote:I need 2 . I have Group 31 what are you guys recomending?

Thanks Derrick
batteries are not created equal...if you are running a merc 2.5 or 3.0 go to BBC to the merc threads a master mechanic has listed batteries that meet the requirements for those motors..
jack
usaf (ret)
triton 21x2
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

Even though the batteries are made by Johnson controls the internal design between a Costco battery and an SRM29 is different. Interstate runs a better plate separator and the charge plate surface is slightly heavier. The lead plates in an SRM are not from remelted lead. Deka also process their plates on site with no re smelted lead. This is what I have been told by both Reps.
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Thanks Derrick
Go with good AGM marine battery. Odyessy is at the top with Sears, Exide and Optima are all popular. Deka looks like an Exide to me. Optima sells and ships direct. Check the battery foot print size, group 31's are not all the same size.
Tom
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Oldschool wrote:

Thanks Derrick
Go with good AGM marine battery. Odyessy is at the top with Sears, Exide and Optima are all popular. Deka looks like an Exide to me. Optima sells and ships direct. Check the battery foot print size, group 31's are not all the same size.
Tom
Derrick, I am on the pro-staff for Odyssey and have some discount coupons. If you want one, drop me a note. I have limited number so I need to be selective :).

As mentioned, they are the best, but also a bit more expensive. The key to their product is that they use new lead rather than recycled lead. Also, they have a 4 yr warranty as long as you keep the batteries properly charged. NO other battery company offers such a warranty.

Let me know...
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
Derrick

Post by Derrick »

thanks everybody ,
but I found a company in Stockton Ca American Battery Co. They have group 31 deep cycle batteies for $118 ea.
Details;The 31TMX is ideal for Marine Applications or where a deep cycle 12 Volt is used.

SPECIFICATIONS:
LENGTH: 13"
WIDTH: 6-3/4"
HEIGHT: 9-3/4" (over the terminals)

AMP HOURS & CAPACITY:
12 Volts
Amp Hours (20 Hr Rate): 130
MCA @ 32 F: 1090
CCA @ 0 F: 880
Minutes @ 75 Amps: 58 Mins.
Minutes @ 25 Amps: 227 Mins.
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Derrick wrote:thanks everybody ,
but I found a company in Stockton Ca American Battery Co. They have group 31 deep cycle batteies for $118 ea.
Details;The 31TMX is ideal for Marine Applications or where a deep cycle 12 Volt is used.

SPECIFICATIONS:
LENGTH: 13"
WIDTH: 6-3/4"
HEIGHT: 9-3/4" (over the terminals)

AMP HOURS & CAPACITY:
12 Volts
Amp Hours (20 Hr Rate): 130
MCA @ 32 F: 1090
CCA @ 0 F: 880
Minutes @ 75 Amps: 58 Mins.
Minutes @ 25 Amps: 227 Mins.
You bought a US Battery Co marine battery. This is a good company, located in Corona CA and started by the same engineeer that worked Trojan Battery Co. This is a wet cell type marine battery and should work OK; good value for your $$.
Tom
Dave Wilson

Post by Dave Wilson »

Another issue to ponder: My Mercury Voltage Regulator I just replaced said in the instruction sheet- "Do not use this Voltage Regulator with AGM batteries". Of course my reg only charges the starting battery, not the trolling motor batteries, so it doesn't matter, BUT I'll keep that in mind when I get starting batteries.