In memory of Jim Witowski. Pray for his family!

Brian Linehan

In memory of Jim Witowski. Pray for his family!

Post by Brian Linehan »

Hey guys-

For those of you who know Jim Witowski of Castaic, Jim suffered a heart attack at the Pyramid NBW event and I've learned that he passed early Sunday morning. Please include Jim's family in our prayers and thoughts at this time. Jim was a great guy, fisherman, and will be missed.

Life is short guys. Appreciate every minute!
Brian
Last edited by Brian Linehan on Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
Hollywood

Re: In memory of Jim Witowski. Pyary for his family!

Post by Hollywood »

My condolences to the Witowski family!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Hollywood wrote:My condolences to the Witowski family!
X2 He died doing what he loved. I hope that's some small consolation for his loved ones.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
jbarron

Post by jbarron »

Our condolences
John and Marla Barron
ATF should be a convenience store not a government agency
Takedown

Post by Takedown »

My condolences to the Witowski family!
May he rest in peace.
Lynne

Post by Lynne »

I spoke with Jim's partner, Bob Triggs yesterday. He said that they had a great time on the lake during the day (even though fishing was tough). Bob is in contact with Jim's wife and said that she is surrounded by family and friends and said that her husband died doing one of the things that he loved and for that she was thankful.

When Brian told me about what happened at the tournament and then what the anglers of the tournament did and collected for the Jim's family ($680), it really made Mike and I realize even more what a BIG family the fishing anglers are and when tradegy strikes, you can certainly count on them.

RIP Jim and blessings to your wife and family.

Mike and Lynne Peterson
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

May God bless him and his family.
mike at robo

Re: In memory of Jim Witowski. Pray for his family!

Post by mike at robo »

That's exactly how I want to go out . Everyone here at Roboworm offer our condolences .
buddy brown

Post by buddy brown »

Rest in peace... Life is short = live your life
Ron C

Post by Ron C »

Most people fishing tournaments today in Southern California don’t have a clue who Jim Witowski was.

Jim was one of the original members of the West Valley Bassmasters, one of Southern California’s very first bass clubs. He was a permanent fixture on the team tournament scene in Southern California for decades. Jim retired as a detective from the Los Angeles Police Department after more than 25 years of dedicated service and had a reputation for being firm but fair. He was well respected within the law enforcement community.

Back in the day, you could count on finding Jim at the old Castaic Mobil Mini-Mart shooting the breeze with Claude, Jack, Barbara, and Greg Mundorf. Jim absolutely loved the (then) small-town of Castaic, so much so that he moved there in the mid-seventies. As the town of Castaic grew, so did Jim’s frustration with its growth and I vividly recall him saying “…as soon as this town gets a traffic signal, I’m out of here!”, and I’ll be damned if he didn’t do just that when it happened (but he later returned).

Jim was a long-time supporter of the WON BASS So. Cal Region when I ran the circuit and he and picked up a few wins over the years. He also won a night tournament or two at Castaic as well.

I will miss you, my friend, and I look forward to fishing with you some day on that Big Bass Pond in the sky (but not too soon if it’s ok with you, buddy).

God Bless You, Jim.
sluggo42

Post by sluggo42 »

I didn't know Jim, but I still offer my condolences to his family and loved ones as a fellow fisherman.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Jim's service is to be held this Saturday.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

RIP fellow fisherman, sounds like you went out in Fishermans Church. Praying for your family and friends!!
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
jimconi

Post by jimconi »

Thank you all for your kind words of sympathy. Jim was an incredible man who had recently
started bass fishing again last year after being away from it for a few years. He so looked
forward to his time on the water and was always up early and ready to go. I am so thankful
his last day was spent doing something he truly loved. Treasure each day and think of Jim when
you're out there on the water. I know he's smiling down on us. You're a great group of guys and
I sincerely thank you all for the donation you made in his memory.

Coni Witowski