Won Bass Breaking News - Inland Empire Region

WON BASSIN

Won Bass Breaking News - Inland Empire Region

Post by WON BASSIN »

To All So Cal Anglers,

First I want to say a huge Thank you to John Wick for stepping up and running the Won Bass Inland Empire region. John is a great guy and we at Won Bass are pleased to have had him and Brian Hess helping to build the Won Bass Inland Empire Region back to it's original glory days. John is currently dealing with some current health issues that are far more important than running our events at the moment. We wish him all the best and hope only the best for his future.

Hence the big announcement! In conjunction with our "NEW" and forthcoming philosophy of full disclosure... I am pleased to announce the following from our NEW Inland Empire Regional Team Director Art Berry......

To all the fisherman and their friends and family of Southern California who love to fish @ Diamond Valley and are ready for the BEST TEAM TOURNAMENT CIRCUIT yet, that will have the HIGHEST payouts ever in the lakes history! Guess What? Its Here and it starts this Saturday the 18th @ DVL and will be hosted by Won Bass and myself Art Berry the new inland empire DVL tournament director. I'm doing this to help put the fun back in fishing team tournaments where payouts will be larger than ever, product giveaways from sponsors will be awesome and all this will be done in a professional manner! The days of having 10-20 boat fields @ DVL is over because if your a tournament fisherman who has invested countless hours and dollars your going to want to fish the circuit that pays the best and gives you the best opportunity of making some real money! When you launch your boat in the morning you also will know how much you'll be fishing for and these numbers will pump you up and make you fish harder and better which makes the competition sore and all in all makes us better fisherman and helps the sport grow! So tell all your friends and fellow fisherman to just look @ the numbers they don't lie and you'll see people will be having the opportunity of making more money than ever, leaving with more smiles and prizes than ever and returning to the next tournament a lot better fisherman. Here is a example payout that is better than ever so tell all you know and don't forget to invite your family n friends to the weigh-in where Rick Grover and Anglers Marine will be sponsoring a barbeque!

Payout Examples.....

Here you go....

Entry $150 per team
Lake/Permit/Insurance fee $15 per team

Only Take Out - $15 per team for TOC

OPTIONS
Big Fish $50 per team - 100% Paid to Biggest Fish
Top 3 $100 per Team - 100% Paid to Top 3 (50% - 30% - 20%)

30 Teams at ALL IN $315 = $4,050 Payout and $4,500 Options - $1,500 Big Fish / $3,000 Top 3
1 in 5 = 6 Places

1st - 6th Place with payouts and options if 1st place had Big Fish

1st - $4,510.25
2nd - $1,861.11
3rd - $1,149.18
4th - $411.88
5th - $343.03
6th - $274.59

40 Teams at ALL IN $315 = $5,400 Payout and $6,000 Options - $2,000 Big Fish / $4,000 Top 3
1 in 5 = 8 Places

1st - 8th Place with payouts and options if 1st place had Big Fish

1st - $5,844.64
2nd - $2,373.96
3rd - $1,470.68
4th - $503.28
5th - $419.04
6th - $335.34
7th - $251.64
8th - $201.42

50 Teams at ALL IN $315 = $6,750 Payout and $7,500 Options - $2,500 Big Fish / $5,000 Top 3
1 in 5 = 10 Places

1st - 10th Place with payouts and options if 1st place had Big Fish

1st - $7,172.00
2nd - $2,882.00
3rd - $1,791.00
4th - $595
5th - $450
6th - $400
7th - $300
8th - $240
9th - $200
10th - $170

That's a 100% Payout Plus if I have ever seen one! Only thing left to do is show up and fish!

Also...

The 2 DVL Night events will be added to the regional events toward TOC qualifications. There has been two events run at this point, so If you have not fished the first 2 events, you may use those as your throw outs and still qualify based on the qualifying criteria.

You can reach me @ 619-438-2620 or @ artberryfishing@yahoo.com if you have questions or ill see ya bright n early @ DVL this Saturday ready to go!

Bass Wishes,

Art Berry
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248
tunaman

Re: Won Bass Breaking News - Inland Empire Region

Post by tunaman »

WAY TO GO Big Daddy!!! Best of luck with the tournament trail!

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
WON BASSIN

Post by WON BASSIN »

By the way.....

Art has decided on his own accord to give back his time and effort to this region for no additional compensation from Won Bass or the event or any sponsors! He believes folks! As do I! He is following in John Wicks beliefs, as John introduced 100% back at his events last year, and gave the same commitment to the region. JUST THE FACTS!

How can you not want to be involved!
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248
tylerhogan

Post by tylerhogan »

Trolling motor is broke, it sucks, but I think I'm going to head out anyway and give it a shot. Sounds great and love the efforts WON bass is putting out there to try and make the best experience possible.
tbob

Post by tbob »

The WON BASS DVL web page has been adjusted to show all the changes. Art Berry's phone number is listed as are the two new events and details regarding the payback. Come on out and help us get this new concept off to a great start!! http://www.wonbass.com/team/results/sou ... index.html

Call Art and let him know you are coming and show your support!!

Even if you only go in for the basic entry it's still paid back 100%, so your getting the great odds usually only found in options either way!!! Gamble a little or a lot, the choice is yours!
temeculasteve

Post by temeculasteve »

Add one more boat to your list Art.See you in the morning
Last edited by temeculasteve on Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

My math must be broke but still a good 90% payback, good luck AB!
Guy Williams
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
kitjack

Post by kitjack »

This is clearly the best payback out there. It's a good thing for the anglers and Art's going to do good too.

I just hope all the circuits continue to pay back more and more and hopefully it will result in more teams fishing more often, and bigger paybacks and more checks.
Guy Williams

Post by Guy Williams »

whatitis wrote:As viewed on Won Bass facebook..
Jjcjr Hopalong
"Looks like the new WON Bass tournament director for DVL has a real "barn burner" of an event going on today...rumor has it a team turnout is in the high 40s. We looks forward to seeing some great weights and substantial paybacks come out of this event. "
Hey guys,
We had to choose between two events this weekend in the same organization. We hope John Wick is in good health, after taking a leave of absence. Good Luck to Mr. Berry, you have big shoes to fill.
With what we saw on Jjcr Hopalong report, it looks like it would pay over $5500.00 to the winning team at DVL. We looked on Won Bass, and this is the only report we could find. How many boats showed up, and what was the payout?
Really glad we did not show up to Lake Pyramid, Poore and Wilder are tough as nails, they will hurt you.
Whatitis
Not true! 9 boats were there. Wish Art the best!!
You know it's going to hell when the best rapper out there is white and the best golfer is black.
Charles Barkley
temeculasteve

Post by temeculasteve »

9 Boats.We had a tough day finding keepers and only had 9.73 for 5 fish and 6th place. I did not hear the winning weight but Art paid 2 places.1st $1100 and 2nd I don't remember exactly,$515 plus option money I think.3rd place had big fish 5+, and $400.I think we were the only boat that just did basic entry
Rick G

Post by Rick G »

I know there were more than just you Steve as Cody and I were also just in the basic entry and big fish. Still a fun day on the water and a good payday for "Team Bling". Rick G.
Anglers Marine has been serving Southern California boaters and fishermen since 1981, with the West's largest bass fishing tackle store and the best boat dealership on the west coast.
Open 7 days a week
Mon.-Sat. 9-6 Sun. 10-3
WON BASSIN

Post by WON BASSIN »

Guys,

The tourney went very smooth. The fishing is picking up, as big fish are on the move and transitioning to get ready for the spawn. I decided to take my son Liam out to the lake and see how things were going, and I am glad we did. We had hoped to catch a ride for a few hours and chuck some big baits, but that did not happen, so Liam and I bashed the bank for about 2 hours. I had more than a few big girls follow my swimbaits out of the tree's with no success, but just knowing they are up is a good sign.

There were 9 boats that turned out for the tourney. There was another club event going on at the same time. The wind picked up pretty well in the afternoon, which I am sure helped the late afternoon bite.

First Place went to Tony Lain and Ricky Shabazz, who weighed in a 5 fish limit of 16.87#. They took home First Place winnings of $850 from the payouts, and 1st place in the Top 3 Option, which paid the Top 2 based on only 9 boats of $250. Their total for the day with only 9 boats was $1100.

Second Place went to Harry Jioras and Mr. Janke, who weighed in just over 16#. They took $365 in payout money for Second place, and the second Top 3 option money of $150. Their total was $515 for the day.

Third Place went to Team Garret Lorenzen and partner who also had the BIg Fish of the day, and took $400 home for the Big Fish Option.

I know that after the awards ceremony that the guys that did make it were very excited to tell all their friends about the great experience and the phenomenal payouts. I heard guys launching their boats after the tourney had started on the phone calling guys about what they heard at the lake regarding the Won DVL payout structure. I am sure this region will once again get back to the 50+ boat tourneys, and the anglers will see the benefit at the payout awards.

See you all at the next one!

MATH

9 x $150 = $1,350
9 x $15 Reserve = -$135

Payout $1215 - 2 Spots $850 - $365
8 x $50 Big Fish = $400
4 x $100 Top 3 = $400 - 2 Spots $250 - $150

Not sure were Cassidy got his info....!!!
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248
WON BASSIN

Post by WON BASSIN »

Whatitis,

this might help....

There were 9 boats that turned out for the tourney. First Place of 16.87#. They took home First Place winnings of $850 from the payouts, and 1st place in the Top 3 Option, which paid the Top 2 based on only 9 boats of $250. Their total for the day with only 9 boats was $1100.Second place of 16#. They took $365 in payout money for Second place, and the second Top 3 option money of $150. Their total was $515 for the day.Third Place had the BIg Fish of the day, and took $400 home for the Big Fish Option.

MATH
9 x $150 = $1,350
9 x $15 Reserve = -$135
Payout $1215 - 2 Spots $850 - $365
8 x $50 Big Fish = $400
4 x $100 Top 3 = $400 - 2 Spots $250 - $150 payed back to 2 spots at 60% - 40%
Billy Egan
WON Bass Director
bille@wonews.com
949-366-0248