Delta friday part 2

medfish

Delta friday part 2

Post by medfish »

Again this week Anyone Anyone???? Headed out Leaving the spots of Orville behind. Been awhile. Anyone need a ride back seat open. Or does anyone have a back seat open. If you have an open back seat and are prefishing for next week mums the word and will split costs Call me. Mike. 530 570 1070
Last edited by medfish on Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otay Michael

Re: Delta friday

Post by Otay Michael »

Mike's voice mail is full. Better PM him I'd say.

Mike, give me a buzz, wanna say hi.
Won't be up there for a month or two, we'll get together.
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
medfish

Post by medfish »

Not full just turn phone off when at work. Phone ringing during CPR Not good. Lol. How have you been?
Otay Michael

Post by Otay Michael »

medfish wrote:Not full just turn phone off when at work. Phone ringing during CPR Not good. Lol. How have you been?
Been killing em on your favorite bait for past 10 days, Super Spook!

But that's because I was in Mex., 6 hrs south of Nogales Arizona. TUL. :lol:
Otay Michael

All I need to get into the money would be the four I usually get along with a 20# kicker.

Own no boring art: www.seewald.com
Name written in the book of life.
medfish

Post by medfish »

Have to teach class in 30 min. That plan is in the bag now the delta. I have always heard Sherman starts first. With the spotty weather and only being there a couple of times that is out. Others have told me dead end sloughs this time of year are good. No water movement being the key. The fish whisperer aka Cooch says head east young man. Ok Italian slough others around there maybe. But wait there are 3 long dead end sloughs on the east delta. Worth a shot. What are your guys thoughts on beavhogmore slough?
Revoke36

Post by Revoke36 »

medfish wrote:Have to teach class in 30 min. That plan is in the bag now the delta. I have always heard Sherman starts first. With the spotty weather and only being there a couple of times that is out. Others have told me dead end sloughs this time of year are good. No water movement being the key. The fish whisperer aka Cooch says head east young man. Ok Italian slough others around there maybe. But wait there are 3 long dead end sloughs on the east delta. Worth a shot. What are your guys thoughts on beavhogmore slough?

I love sycamore slough....in the summer. I've located a big school in that area but can't get em to go. If they move up to the shallow flats, they'll hit your line. Strangely I found that all my fish in the past month are in the current. At least they're tucked into eddies but with strong current running by. I've spent the last few months in all the dead end sloughs but not much to write home about. A couple guys claim that they're whackin em on top water in the dead end sloughs. I haven't had the courage to try it. I hope you guys find em and stick a bunch. If you do, let us know!
Support 81
Burke

Post by Burke »

Fish those three sloughs alot. Of the three, I fish Sycamore and Hog the most. This time of the year, the weeds aren't that bad. At high tide, you can toss a topwater, chatterbait or spinnerbait over the top of the weeds that tend to line the shoreline. Also, crank a speed trap along the outside edge of the weedline. There's also a lot of islands that dot the sloughs that you can fish. Caught a lot of stripers in those sloughs too so you never know what you run into.
medfish

Post by medfish »

Thanks for the info. If I recal right didn't Stepthen almost win the bass tourney fishing 2 years ago in there. Will see
medfish

Post by medfish »

Same day different week. Anyone. Anyone.