Bass Pro Shops Lake Havasu Open

Justin Locatis

Bass Pro Shops Lake Havasu Open

Post by Justin Locatis »

Great news about the Bass Pro Shops Lake Havasu Open May 5-6, 2012!
We have now confirmed that with a minimum participation of 75 boats we will be giving away a fully rigged Nitro Z7 with a Mercury Outboard.

We wanted to make this event stand out from other tournaments, and also eliminate the local advantage. Because this is not a year end championship and it is an event that anyone can enter, the boat will be given away in a limited raffle. Anglers that finish in the Top 10% of the field will have an opportunity to win the boat. Friday night at the pre-tournament meeting we will draw a number out of a bag (ie 100 boats = 10 chips, places 1 through 10 or 10%). That number will be placed in a sealed envelope. No one will know what number is drawn until Sunday at the awards. The number that is drawn will be the place that wins the boat. Other prize money and prizes will shift accordingly.

To receive an entry form for this event please email jmloutdoors@gmail.com. Basic entry is $350 per team with an optional $50 big fish pot that will pay the top 3 biggest bass each day. Contestants paying by check must have their entries turned in no later than April 30, 2012. We are also able to accept credit card entries with a 3% processing fee. Only CASH entries will be accepted at Friday’s registration. Please contact Justin Locatis at 602-791-0023 if you have any questions.
jg

Re: Bass Pro Shops Lake Havasu Open

Post by jg »

Is there going to be enough turn out for this with the other stuff going on and not knowing if enough boats are signed up to provide the boat?
kitjack

Post by kitjack »

Why would Bass Pro Shops sponsor a newly developed bass tournament in Arizona which is on the same weekend as the Arizona WON BASS Pro tournament they also sponsor ? The WON BASS anglers want to finish our circuit, so why are they creating an unnecessary conflict ?

Please move the date. There are only a couple weekends all year that are a problem and it's an easy problem to fix. BPS should support their angles and Arizona anglers in general who want to fish WON BASS, who would also want to fish this tournament.
Justin Locatis

Post by Justin Locatis »

JG,

If there is less than 75 boats which we do not anticipate then the boat will either be downgraded or we will do $10k that will be Bass Pro Shops decision.

Kitjack,

Below is a copy of my response to you from when you decided to bash Bass Pro Shops and try to make this a USAC vs. WON conflict when we announced this tournament months ago. Nothing has changed in the reason for this date. Bottomline is to hold this event at Havasu this is the only date that was available. There are numerous dates available at Roosevelt and always have been. Neither myself, Bass Pro Shops, or WON want this conflict. It is however unavoidable on our end without cancelling the event which is not an option. From talking to Bill Egan I believe it is also unvoidable on his end due to the amount of events they run.

This is a weekend long family festival that happens to include a fun team tournament, kids casting competition, and a kids fishing tournament as well. We will also have sponsor booths and demo rides available for the public.

First and foremost this event is in no way associated with Anglers Choice.

Second as everyone that runs tournaments knows it is extremely difficult to get a permit for Lake Havasu. Bass Pro Shops wanted Lake Havasu due to its central location to the Mesa, Las Vegas, and Rancho stores. I contacted Clint Goodwin back in October to ask him to swap dates with one of my events so that we could avoid this conflict. At that time I could not discuss the reasons why and he was unable to adjust his schedule. On November 30 I contacted Clint again and asked him to call Bill Egan. Bill was on his way to the Western Classic and called me back on Wednesday of this week. We wanted him to be aware of the event because it did conflict and there was no other date that we could get to hold the event.

This event has been in the works for months, but we were not going to publish a date without having the permits secured. Contrary to what many people will choose to twist this into, this is not an Anglers Choice vs. WONBASS deal or a Justin vs. WONBASS. I wish Bill and Wonbass a successful season.
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

Because people in this sport dont have a clue. Its kind of like our government but worse if you can imagine that. :D :D :D It wont change anytime soon.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

*NM*
Last edited by Garrettt on Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jg

Post by jg »

Thanks Justin looking forward to it.
Kevin

Post by Kevin »

Sounds like a good deal to me. I'll be there.
Justin Locatis

Post by Justin Locatis »

We have thought it would be all along, but I now have confirmation that this tournament Nitro owners will be eligible for Nitro rewards money.
Justin Locatis

Post by Justin Locatis »

If you register by April 23, 2012 you will go into a drawing for a Lowrance Elite 4X DSI. Email me at jmloutdoors@gmail.com if you still need an entry form or if you have any questions. I can also be reached at 602-791-0023.

Mail entries to:

JML Outdoors
1359 S. 173rd Lane
Goodyear, AZ 85338
Justin Locatis

Post by Justin Locatis »

The official sites for the upcoming Bass Pro Shops Lake Havasu Open are now up at

www.basspro.com/lakehavasuopen

www.basspro.com/fishingfestival

and you can mail in your entry or sign up online at www.jmloutdoors.com
kickerken

Post by kickerken »

Who can I contact about a recent boat purchase that might qualifiy for an entry?

...................... Thanks Kickerken
Justin Locatis

Post by Justin Locatis »

Contact Chad Schimmel at 480-370-4301 or email him at ctschimmel@basspro.com and he can get you pointed in the correct direction. He is the one that is handling that part of the promo. You can tell him that I told you to call him.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... havasuopen
Justin Locatis

Post by Justin Locatis »

Today is the last day for EARLY registration into the Bass Pro Shops Lake Havasu Open. EARLY entries must be post marked today or go online at www.jmloutdoors.com and you can pay with a credit card. All entrants that are post marked or credit card entries received by the end of the day will go into a drawing for a Lowrance Elite 4x DSI. We will continue to accept registrations for this awesome event. We ask that checks be received by April 30 and cash entries will be accepted at registration on Friday May 4.

www.basspro.com/lakehavasuopen

www.basspro.com/fishingfestival

www.jmloutdoors.com
tassman2

Post by tassman2 »

Justin- Can't wait - fishing is hot on Havasu right now, I signed up last week. Looking forward to a good turnout like you've been able to accomplish with AC the last couple of years. We're going to miss having you as TD.
Justin Locatis

Post by Justin Locatis »

If you are fishing the Bass Pro Shops tournament at Lake Havasu May 5-6, 2012 and have not signed up yet, but know for sure that you are fishing can you please email me at jmloutdoors@gmail.com or post on here. I want to make sure we have enough food for everyone at Friday nights registration/Angler Appreciation dinner courtesy of Anderson Toyota.

Yes you can sign up and pay Friday night before the event.
Justin Locatis

Post by Justin Locatis »

I have received a few phone calls from people wanting to know what will happen if there is not the 75 boats needed to give away a Z7 at the Bass Pro Shops Lake Havasu Open. While we do believe that we will hit the 75 boat limit if we do fall short there will still be a boat given away. It may be downgraded, but one way or another one team will be the winner of a new boat.

Sign up at www.jmloutdoors.com or at Anderson Toyota Friday night May 4 between 2:00 and 5:00pm. Pre tournament meeting and boat draw will start at approximately 6:00pm