NCC Thanks

DDawg

NCC Thanks

Post by DDawg »

Things sure have changed.......
Back in the day (NCBF Days), we would have had more guys than any tourney show up for a winter NCC. Then after our potluck folks would be racing home to write something about the day!

A special thanks to Roger & his wife for opening up their house & providing a great venue for me to hang with some old & new friends, not to mention a killer spread yesterday!
Thank you very much!

Thank you Terry Smith for sharing your boat with me yesterday.
Talked with a buddy last night & some of the spots I thought about kicked a nice bag for him.......... but too much time away, had no idea if there were still fish there & if it would be worth the run.
I guess antique baits can still catch fish!

If you have ever been addicted to something and quit, then when you thought you could handle it you try just a little, & you are right back at it................... well, you can understand why I stayed away from bass fishing for so long!
eagle123777

Re: NCC Thanks

Post by eagle123777 »

hey dave, good to see ya back at it, just back from TN yesterday so couldnt make it and its been awhile since i fished a nutcase event...dont think i have seen ya since the nutcases at clearlake years back...if ya ever want to sit in the back seat give me a shout.....jack
jack
usaf (ret)
triton 21x2
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

Can't comment on Dave's statement about the earlier events since that was my first one. All I can say is,if you haven't been to one yet and you are thinking about it -> just do it.

A big thank you to tunaman and his wife for a great after-party. Also thanks to the group of nutcases for coming out to play in a little breeze :shock:
I can tell you that fishing is only a part of the nutcase event and the get together afterwards is at least as much fun. So all current, former and future nutcases come out to the next event and have a great time like I did - I for sure will try to make as many nutcases as possible.

Tight lines,
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

Yes. We don't get as many as we used to for the NutCase events, but they are still a blast. So great to see the folks that do come out, and great to see 'old' NCs make a return trip; thanks for coming out DDawg, hope you can make the next one. Also great to see some new NutCase.

Congrats to Cooch for the sweep, well, except Numb Nut. Otay Michael has lifted the NumbNut title from my shoulders; thank you Michael. (Side note; if you folks haven't seen any of Michael's artwork, do yourself a favor and check it out, the one he gave to Cooch yesterday was magnificent.)

Thanks to the SoCal guys for making the trip up; it's always great to see you guys. Aaron, hope you had a safe trip back home. Next time Dude, for sure. :wink: 8) Hub, I hope the ankle heals quickly. Brian, great to meet you finally. Look forward to seeing you guys come up for the Summer one; Cooch said we're going smallmouth fishing up the River. Hell Yeah!!!

Thanks Roger for taking the lead putting this one together; greatly appreciated.
And thanks to you and Mona for opening up your house and hosting the post-party. As always it was a great spread and wonderful time.

Time to pick the date for the next one. :lol:
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Cooch

Post by Cooch »

Dave, it was great seeing ya again Saturday! Way ta hold court wth that nice JIG Fish! And yes, a huge thanks goes out ta Tuna and Mona for hosting the post fishing feast in true NutCase fashion!

Yesterday's fishin was tough in that wind, unless ya was crankin or tossin' vibrating jigs. The Senko bite was a challenge, especially since the fish wanted it just sitting there and barely moving. Rheinhardt & I caught fish all day, infact we were tossin 3.5 pounders back from the start, "Go big or go home we said!" But that seemed ta be the best we could do in the protected areas I was selecting for us to fish. Didn't matter if we cranked, drop shotted, flipped a jig or T-rigged the Iovino S20 or Zipper, them 1-3.5 pound bucks we chewin purty good yesterday. At about 1:30p, I told Rheinhardt, dood, we need the big bites, I got a pattern for em(see my blog from Friday), it's time we sucked it up and go challenge the wind, instead of running from it, and fish for em!

So back ta Frank's we went in hopes of finding the right kinda area that might be holding the right fish. I guessed right twice, not only in the area, but the switch from the 9L 6" Watermelon red flake 208 & 925 to a different Senko. I pulled out the Senko box and grabbed a 9X 7" 297, the Big Turd( Otherwise known as Donkey D%$^ round these parts). At first, with the wind and knowing time was running out, I was fishing it way too fast and only getting those tentative, tail grabbing bites. I then began to make longer pitches which allowed me to let it sit for a lil longer spell. I then found the right tule clump, she was right in the middle of it, THATs the one Rheinhardt! I was in trouble though, there was a lotta line out and a buncha crap between me and that fish. But my newest Steve's Custom Senko rod, that Stren 25# Fluoro and the Gammie 4/0 Round bend hook, proved to be too much fer this big hen. I talked here right out of that tule clump. Each time she made another directional turn and run, I kept telling her, "Is that all ya got big gurl, I'm bigger and stronger than you, ya can't beat me, I'm in control, yer mine this time!" It was purty funny actually and I could even hear Rheinhardt chuckling out load from the back. "You're too much Cooch". I told em, I told em all last night at dinner I would catch a 9 pounder. I'm so sorry dood, we shoulda just sucked it up and fished this pattern ALL day!
Top_Nut_1.jpg
Top_Nut_1.jpg (205.69 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
Turned out, she wasn't quite 9 pounds and I caught the Nutcase jibber jabbin jive the rest of the day & nite. But she was damn close. Congrats ta Marty too, who also caught a very nice fish and placed second just ahead of Dave. These lil Nutcase events of our are so fun, and that's what fishin is all about. I just wish more of you folks out there just lookin, would jump in and come join us the next time, you won't regret it. The next one, will indeed be a Smally adventure in the upper Sacto River area out at Hogback Island Park, some time in August or September. Hope ta see ya there!
DDawg

Post by DDawg »

I'm in for that one!

It was too cool to hang out with guys I used to spend alot of time with!
Bob, Cooch, Rick, Tony, & then this "new guy" Tuna throws down the grub & opens his home!
Man I had a great time!
Met some great new guys too, Terry, Bob, Marty, Michael, Reinhardt, Obi, Aaron ......... getting old & drawing a blank on names here, but guys it was great to meet you all!

You know that one jig fish was nice, and I had a couple that were a few onces bigger than that 13" I weighed, but just kept tossing them looking for another bite.
I Had confidence in my baits, but not in any water I hadn't fished in 8 years...... didn't want to take Terry on a nostalgic sight seeing tour, trying to find a fish!
BS'r

Post by BS'r »

Good to see you too Dave and the rest of the group. Fun day to drive around the delta. Cooch got us again, 297 this time. He called it at the dock in the morning at least.

Thanks to Tunaman and Mona for the amazing spread and the hospitality.

Dave, your welcome to come bird fish anytime, bite shold be good starting today. You have my number.
DDawg

Post by DDawg »

Thanks Bob, I will take you up on that!
Bass fishing is like crack to me. It always has been since I was real young.
That's why I had to stay away so long, until I was in a better position in my life, financially, mentaly, maritaly.

So my wife looks at me this morning and says "So I guess you aren't going to strip your bass boat down & get rid of it now?" I said "well.......(pause)", she says "How much is a motor?"
She gets it!
She even told me she would like to try bass fishing sometime...... I'm guessing just to see why it excites me. Have to get her out on a solid topwater bite!