Cheater got caught

kraetzer

Cheater got caught

Post by kraetzer »

http://www.advancedangler.com/industryn ... Infraction

I don't even wanna know how many don't get caught :evil:
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
GKramer

Re: Cheater got caught

Post by GKramer »

They say all the trick stuff comes out of the West. In this case, 11 ounces of lead down the gullet--not very original.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

GKramer wrote:They say all the trick stuff comes out of the West. In this case, 11 ounces of lead down the gullet--not very original.
Dang rookie.

http://www.flwoutdoors.com/community/pr ... m?uid=9583
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

Metal detectors anyone ????
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

mike at robo wrote:Metal detectors anyone ????
ABA has been doing this for a few years now. Jason has one built into his weigh system. I know its used at all his so cal region, piru nights, golden empire all the other regions he runs and all 3 TOC's that ABA runs!

They started to metal detector your bags at weigh in at the Piru nights following the us open where mike hart caught caught.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

pic.jpg
pic.jpg (51.86 KiB) Viewed 5309 times
This photo was found with the comments

"...Hoyle weighing in the illegal fish at Lake Wylie BFL. The fish was immediately taken into possession by FLW officials for inspection. Bass contained a hand poured long 11 oz. weight. FLW needs to prosecute, set an example of these cheats and it will be a better deterrate for future attemps. Instead of a slap on the wrist and good bye."

"Notice how he is holding the mouth shut as he holds it up! U ever seen someone hold a fish like that?"

The release from FLW below

BFL Wylie Results Changed for Rules Infraction

LAKE WYLIE, S.C. (May 7, 2012) – The final standings for the Walmart Bass Fishing League North Carolina Division event on Lake Wylie have been updated because of a disqualification.

Boater John Hoyle of Rutherfordton, N.C., who finished Saturday’s competition in third place, was disqualified for violation of BFL rule No. 9 Sportsmanship after an 11-ounce weight was found in the stomach of one of the fish he weighed in Saturday’s competition. Hoyle’s tournament winnings were forfeited and fourth through 11th place moved up one spot in the tournament’s final standings.

Hoyle will not be permitted entry into any future FLW tournaments.

The updated boater standings are:
1st: Brian Huskins, Mt. Holly, N.C., five bass, 14-8, $5,247
2nd: Roger Pope, Statesville, N.C., five bass, 14-7, $1,623 + $1,000 Evinrude Bonus
3rd: Rob Digh, Denver, N.C., five bass, 13-0, $1,082
4th: David Winters, Rock Hill, S.C., five bass, 12-9, $758
5th: Michael Webster, Gastonia, N.C., five bass, 12-5, $649
6th: Jason Wilson, Cherryville, N.C., five bass, 12-4, $595
7th: Hank Cherry, Maiden, N.C., five bass, 12-3, $541
8th: Chuck Collins, Smithfield, N.C., five bass, 11-14, $487
9th: David Pless, Candler, N.C., four bass, 11-10, $433
10th: Matt Lowe, Walhalla, S.C., five bass, 11-7, $379

Co-angler standings were not affected.
The BFL is a 24-division circuit devoted to weekend anglers, with 120 tournaments throughout the season, five in each division. The top 40 boaters and co-anglers from each division qualify for a regional tournament and compete to finish in the top six, which then qualifies them for one of the longest-running championships in all of competitive bass fishing – the Walmart BFL All-American presented by Chevy. The 2012 BFL All-American is being held May 17 – 19 on the Potomac River in National Harbor, Md. Top winners in the BFL can move up to the EverStart Series or even the Walmart FLW Tour.
ABOUT FLW

FLW is the industry’s premier tournament-fishing organization, providing unparalleled fishing resources and entertainment to our sponsors, fans and host communities. FLW is offering anglers of all skill levels the opportunity to compete for millions in prize money nationwide in 2012 over the course of 190 tournaments across five tournament circuits, each providing an avenue to the sport’s richest payday and most coveted championship trophy – the Forrest Wood Cup. FLW is committed to providing a lifestyle experience that is the “Best in Fishing, On and Off the Water,” through a variety of platforms including tournaments, outdoor expos and the world’s richest fantasy sports game – FLW Fantasy Fishing. For more information about FLW and FLW Fantasy Fishing, visit FLWOutdoors.com or FantasyFishing.com and look for FLW on Twitter and Facebook.

FLWOutdoors.com
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

now what im wondring is how he wasnt caught by the co and or why the co didnt say anthing? :?:
mrbassin0614

Post by mrbassin0614 »

yjjustforme wrote:now what im wondring is how he wasnt caught by the co and or why the co didnt say anthing? :?:
He could of done it when the co got out of the boat. But if thats the case some one else would of prob seen it.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

yjjustforme wrote:now what im wondring is how he wasnt caught by the co and or why the co didnt say anthing? :?:
In a drive up weigh in the co- has to get the truck.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

or he could have said he was culling and added the weight... so sad to see this in our sport... what happened to honesty and integrety... all for a few bucks...
biteme

Post by biteme »

mike at robo wrote:Metal detectors anyone ????
Looks like this is going to have to be the norm pretty soon. Pretty sad.
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

kane-o wrote:or he could have said he was culling and added the weight... so sad to see this in our sport... what happened to honesty and integrety... all for a few bucks...
Honesty and integrity?!? In bass fishing?! BAH!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. I caught all my bass on lure X (sponsors lure).....lies
2. I could only see the bedfish because I was wearing X sunglasses and they're the only ones you could see the fish with.....lies
3. I caught 40+ fish today flippin an X jig, I own the company, so go buy some!....lies
4. I caught 40+ lbs today on Clear Lake, oh by the way I just started a new guide service, and am only going to show you one fish from my supposed 40+ lb limit, but make sure to book your trip with me, soon!..... lies
5. That fish weighs 15 lbs, eventhough it looks like a 7 lber....lies
6. I've caught 5,000 fish over 10 lbs....lies
7. I'm catching a fish on video on a lure made by the company that I own but not showing the cast, come buy my lures!....lies
8. I'm holding fish in these pictures that I didn't catch, but everyone who sees them will think I did, but it's ok because it's for my sponsors!...lies
9. Before a tournament...I'm catching them on X lure! (completely opposite of how you're actually catching them)....lies
10. Thank you for showing me all this great water...of course I'll never be back when I'm not fishing with you...LIES

...the list goes on and on and ONNNNNN :shock:

Compromising ones integrity for monetary or material gain is the status quo in bass fishing, and has been for a long time. It's quite sad, but these cheaters are just a more public and extreme example of what is wrong with this sport as a whole. JMHO

Andrew Lippert
Rod Wynn

Post by Rod Wynn »

Andy Lippert wrote: Honesty and integrity?!? In bass fishing?! BAH!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1. I caught all my bass on lure X (sponsors lure).....lies
2. I could only see the bedfish because I was wearing X sunglasses and they're the only ones you could see the fish with.....lies
3. I caught 40+ fish today flippin an X jig, I own the company, so go buy some!....lies
4. I caught 40+ lbs today on Clear Lake, oh by the way I just started a new guide service, and am only going to show you one fish from my supposed 40+ lb limit, but make sure to book your trip with me, soon!..... lies
5. That fish weighs 15 lbs, eventhough it looks like a 7 lber....lies
6. I've caught 5,000 fish over 10 lbs....lies
7. I'm catching a fish on video on a lure made by the company that I own but not showing the cast, come buy my lures!....lies
8. I'm holding fish in these pictures that I didn't catch, but everyone who sees them will think I did, but it's ok because it's for my sponsors!...lies
9. Before a tournament...I'm catching them on X lure! (completely opposite of how you're actually catching them)....lies
10. Thank you for showing me all this great water...of course I'll never be back when I'm not fishing with you...LIES

...the list goes on and on and ONNNNNN :shock:

Compromising ones integrity for monetary or material gain is the status quo in bass fishing, and has been for a long time. It's quite sad, but these cheaters are just a more public and extreme example of what is wrong with this sport as a whole. JMHO

Andrew Lippert
Well said...
AMATEURS work until they get it RIGHT..
PROFESSIONALS WORK until they CAN'T get it Wrong..
jloo283

Post by jloo283 »

Hoyle piece of crap... glad he got caught.

James
Bassphish

Post by Bassphish »

kane-o wrote:or he could have said he was culling and added the weight... so sad to see this in our sport... what happened to honesty and integrety... all for a few bucks...
People get funny when it comes to money..... And this dufiss probably "thought it's only cheating if I get caught", which are
some famous last words uttered throughout history.

But I think JLoo said it best -"Hoyle piece of crap... glad he got caught."

JB
riverguy225

Post by riverguy225 »

Andy Lippert for president 2012! Let's get our sport and our country heading in Right direction!!
kane-o

Post by kane-o »

wow andy, looking at it from that perspective. then i guess all the elites and other pro orgs. are truly dis-honest.. and your totally correct on everything you stated... just never looked at it that way.. so i guess ike is not fishing a laser lure :lol:
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

And here's another problem that might occur.

I'm fishing in a tournament and catch some nice fish (we're pretending here, cause me catching some nice fish is only me pretending :lol: ).

I take them to weigh-in and they find one of the fish has a weight in it's belly.
Now, I'm branded as a cheater.

That would suck.

I seem to remember back in the 80s a girl caught a lake record, if I'm remembering correctly it was down around San Diego. They found a 2lb weight in the fish's belly and disallowed the lake record. I'm only mentioning this because someone is going to post that a fish can't live with weight in it's belly.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Jeff C.

Post by Jeff C. »

Wolfeman wrote:And here's another problem that might occur.

I'm fishing in a tournament and catch some nice fish (we're pretending here, cause me catching some nice fish is only me pretending :lol: ).

I take them to weigh-in and they find one of the fish has a weight in it's belly.
Now, I'm branded as a cheater.

That would suck.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. At least the previous well documented cheater had multiple fish with weights in their belly, so not likely to be a coincidence.

I wonder if the absence of corrosion could be used to determine that the weight hadn't been in there very long.
Shad*Wizard

Post by Shad*Wizard »

May be time to get out my White's XLT metal detector!...Oh Yeah!...At tournaments, they

could have the wand detectors they have at airports and just sit it on a table near the weigh

in station, make the cheaters think about it a bit...They go for around $100 and a little

more...
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

Shad*Wizard wrote:May be time to get out my White's XLT metal detector!...Oh Yeah!...At tournaments, they

could have the wand detectors they have at airports and just sit it on a table near the weigh

in station, make the cheaters think about it a bit...They go for around $100 and a little

more...
Does titanium set off the detector? I wonder what those folks with replaced knees do at the airport screening.

And if titanium doesn't set off the detector then the cheaters are in luck because titanium weights are much smaller than lead ones.
Oh Boy.
- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Zak Elrite

Post by Zak Elrite »

I believe titanium is lighter than lead.. Therefore needing to use more. My old wedding ring was titanium and its strong but light as a feather.
Unfortunately cheaters will find a way. All we can do is keep the deterrents in place and stay on 'em. And of course we can all be up standing and keep our eyes aware, especially as co-anglers.

Just my .02....
[b]Zak Elrite[/b]
Bagel Bar, Mercury Marine, Lowrance, Coyote Bait & Tackle, Ben Green Insurance, G-Funk Baits, Keitech, Spearpoint Hooks, Dobyns Rods, Lews Reels, Bucknbass
upriverLMB

Post by upriverLMB »

you are kidding me, 11 freaking oz. !! what a greedy BASSTURD
LMB
Marty

Post by Marty »

riverguy225 wrote:Andy Lippert for president 2012! Let's get our sport and our country heading in Right direction!!
I vote Andy!
Andy Giannini

Post by Andy Giannini »

Titanium goes "beep" with a metal detector.

I just checked.

:D
"If you can't win, at LEAST catch the Big Fish!"
N.A.R

Post by N.A.R »

Wolfeman....if your fish swallowed an illegal weight. It would show signs of living in his belly as did the record bass out of Lake Hodges that had a weight from a divers belt in his gut.