Ranger oil filled hubs... HELP!

Mike

Ranger oil filled hubs... HELP!

Post by Mike »

Anyone in the Delta area know how or somewhere to service these? I guess my brake stuck on and got the hub so hot it melted the seal. Lots of smoke and oil everywhere. I got it home, but Dont know where to get the parts or how to fix it...... Help!
OG on WB since 1993
scottsweet

Re: Ranger oil filled hubs... HELP!

Post by scottsweet »

Call C & C Marine. You need a new hub.

If you can find a really good trailer repair shop, they may have the seals and possibly bearings. If you got it that hot, the bearings may have also turned blue.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
philandcarol

Post by philandcarol »

Mike just call Ranger parts with your boat or trailer serial #. they have all the right parts, you may want to take it apart first and see what else is damaged, it's kind of hard to take it anywhere , when the hub is out, the spindle could also have been affected. if there is extensive damage they can even make up the whole thing with the hubs and everything new.and ship pretty fast. you'll want to check the brake also the acuator may not be working right. Good luck, Phil and Carol
Grape Ape

Post by Grape Ape »

Mike,
What year is your trailer? Are they "Cool" hubs with the window? I just went through this problem twice in about a month.
Harry Markarian

Markarian Investigations @ (209) 777-9696
USAF (Retired)
Merced PD (Retired)
C & C Marine
medfish

Post by medfish »

If you have cool hubs that come out by taking of the large nut in the back. You can get them from ranger 70 bucks. Get 2 change both carry the one that is still good as a spare. Ranger will have them at you door in a week. Getting the old one out is the only challenge 5lb hammer gets it done Then just file the threads and your good to go. Then you can take the old one to napa or a bearing shop to get the parts to fix it. Pm if you need any help
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I had my Ranger oil bath bearing seize, and shear off my trailer wheel.
Turned out that what I thought was oil in the window was really water that got sucked into the reservoir when I backed the hot bearings into the water, and the seals shrank and pulled water in.
I switched to grease bearings, and regrease them twice a year. I'll change them out every two years, and that way I know they're good.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
J.Rios

Post by J.Rios »

Check with Boatmasters. They re-did my axle seals about three years ago. No problems since!!