MODS are you going to handle this?

Tin Can

Re: MODS are you going to handle this?

Post by Tin Can »

I woud never buy anything from someone with 1 post. Only deal with trusted members, unless you are dealing local and meeting the guy in person.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Tin Can wrote:I woud never buy anything from someone with 1 post. Only deal with trusted members, unless you are dealing local and meeting the guy in person.

totally agree... hopefully the use of paypal will help get there money back... then criminal charges should be filed... someone should be able to trace the IP address.
Caudawg

Post by Caudawg »

I have attempted to contact this seller. Waiting for a return call
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Caudawg wrote:I have attempted to contact this seller. Waiting for a return call

Thanx Dawg.. I hate to see folks ripped off....
DAKINE198

Post by DAKINE198 »

OKAY GUYS HERE IS A LINK FROM A KID I GOT TAKEN FROM LAST YEAR.
NICK SANCHES.
selling-all-gear-t63173.html#p433444

I AM STILL PISSED ABOUT IT. BUT HES NOT A MINOR ANYMORE :twisted:
AINOKEA..........life is good...but I'm mad as Hell
jiggin4bass

Post by jiggin4bass »

Im totally shock that you guys dont know who that kid is or his dad :D
Home Of The Original Puffball Jig
Building and fishing custom jigs
since 1977
Madera Ca.
Favorite Lakes
Eastman
Hensley
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

jiggin4bass wrote:Im totally shock that you guys dont know who that kid is or his dad :D

So who is it? Are these guys getting ripped off or what?
jloo283

Post by jloo283 »

Hey guys, sorry for your loss. Pleae be careful even if you use paypal to make payments. There are a few gotchas you need to be aware of when making claims for items paid for via paypal.

Check out sections 13.2 and and 13.3 "protection for buyers" in paypal user aggrement for details:
https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd= ... r%20Buyers.

Essentially, "Paypal Direct Payments" and "Personal Payments" ARE NOT covered, meaning paying directly to seller's email. These 2 methods of payments are the typical way unsuspecting buyers would pay the sellers, and cheaters/sellers are probably trying to cash in on that.

Truthfully, I personally don't understand everything in the user aggrement so here are a few guidelines I follow when making private purchases.

1) Of course do not send a check. Takes too long for anything (cashing, waiting, dispute etc...).
2) Do not make any direct payment to seller's email.
3) Have the seller create an ebay "buy-it-now" listing or a paypal invoice for the item just for you. The seller should know how to do this, its a very easy process. Then pay the invoice associated with the item instead.
4) Do not use a checking account added to your paypal account, this method directly deducts money from your bank. Add some credit card to your paypal account and use it to pay instead.

Steps 2 and 3 ensure that the item will be covered in case of problems due to “Item Not Received” (INR) or “Significantly Not as Described” (SNAD) as described in paypal user agreement.

Step 4 is the last resort, just in case paypal screws you too, just file a dispute with your credit card company and guarenteed to get your money back fast.

Hope this helps
James