Looks like Kramer was right!? Co-Angler botch.

tunaman

Re: Looks like Kramer was right!? Co-Angler botch.

Post by tunaman »

Thank the powers that be then for WON - I've learned more from a day on the water with Aaron Martens, Mike Folkstad and Roy Hawk (tour-level pros) than I can articulate. These guys are at the level they are at for a reason, and it is a special opportunity to be able to fish and learn from them.

One or two highly publicized co-angler incidents and many jump on the ban bandwagon again. How many events and how many co-anglers happen without incident? It's unfortunate, but not justification for eliminating the co-angler altogether IMHO.

Roger
Tight lines forever!
http://www.tunaman.org

*DISCLAIMER* - This post is in no way meant to be offensive. If you feel it is, please re-read then PM me for an explanation if it still offends?
CN

Post by CN »

For those that want the Co out perhap's your comment's and passsion for this would be better served toward's FLW not Western Bass. I would bet most here that posted have not put in this much time doing so. FLW want's these Co Angler's there or else they would change. You don't think they see these and many more site's to see feedback. The Co will be there and in my opinion Roland Martin is to blame just as much as what I call a PARTNER not some Co I drew.

Mike

Edit: No I am not a "Pro" nor do I fish Tournament's but if you invite someone on your boat they are your guest correct? This is the same Damn thing 600 buck's or 4000.00 that was a weak statement. The Pro would win more right and he MADE THE DECISION TO GO PRO not the Co.
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

Hollywood wrote:
Marty wrote:Here we go again – lets beat up the Co-Angler! Pro’s should be briefing the Co-Angler before blast-off! This is your empty compartment to stow your gear, How to net the fish, Not to step on the seats or my rods, Do you have your life-vest, and to Tag your fish and Put your fish on the right side (as facing the live-wells). He should have said there is no need to open my live-well. I mean this is the Pro that knows all and see all about fishing and what to do in times of excitement when a fish is landed! The guy with the cool head that keep an eye out on everything that happens on his boat.

Maybe someone need to write a fishing article on what Pro’s need to tell the Co-Angler, there have been enough written for the Co-Angler (Remember the Co-Angler is the guy that is going to learn and is getting a guide trip out of it).

Same old shlt just a different diaper!

Better yet, just get rid of co anglers all together!

Now we have to tell the co angler your livewell is on your side of the boat? It's pretty common sense and if you don't already know that you should not be fishing as a co angler at a Tour event. These guys fish for a livelihood and to have someone paying a $600 entry vs a $4000 entry have such a negative effect is just stupid. And you won't find an empty compartment in my boat to stow your gear.

It should be common sense not to step on the seats/rods. And if he wants to tag his fish or if he doesn't is not the responsibility of the pros. They are not there to baby sit a co angler!

I don't think you would be happy watching me try to net your fish then... :shock: I can play tennis pretty good... :)
Hollywood

Post by Hollywood »

stickbait wrote:
Hollywood wrote:
Marty wrote:Here we go again – lets beat up the Co-Angler! Pro’s should be briefing the Co-Angler before blast-off! This is your empty compartment to stow your gear, How to net the fish, Not to step on the seats or my rods, Do you have your life-vest, and to Tag your fish and Put your fish on the right side (as facing the live-wells). He should have said there is no need to open my live-well. I mean this is the Pro that knows all and see all about fishing and what to do in times of excitement when a fish is landed! The guy with the cool head that keep an eye out on everything that happens on his boat.

Maybe someone need to write a fishing article on what Pro’s need to tell the Co-Angler, there have been enough written for the Co-Angler (Remember the Co-Angler is the guy that is going to learn and is getting a guide trip out of it).

Same old shlt just a different diaper!

Better yet, just get rid of co anglers all together!

Now we have to tell the co angler your livewell is on your side of the boat? It's pretty common sense and if you don't already know that you should not be fishing as a co angler at a Tour event. These guys fish for a livelihood and to have someone paying a $600 entry vs a $4000 entry have such a negative effect is just stupid. And you won't find an empty compartment in my boat to stow your gear.

It should be common sense not to step on the seats/rods. And if he wants to tag his fish or if he doesn't is not the responsibility of the pros. They are not there to baby sit a co angler!

I don't think you would be happy watching me try to net your fish then... :shock: I can play tennis pretty good... :)
Why because I don't have an empty compartment for the 14 plano boxes you will want to bring? :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am more than capable of netting my own fish if need be......
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Nets are for sissies. BASS has it right. Lip em like a man. :lol:
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

i think im going back to co angler status. what if we all did it? what could they do? theres no rules, costs less money, way less, and now we have a pro telling when we can open a drink and teaching us everything i need to know before i even step foot on a boat. thats the life. im in. now when they realzie they need rules this can get better until then im fishing as a co. I mean if i do something wrong it not my fault. Its the pros fault. he never told me i couldnt urinate in the livewell. :roll:
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
CN

Post by CN »

littlebailey wrote:i think im going back to co angler status. what if we all did it? what could they do? theres no rules, costs less money, way less, and now we have a pro telling when we can open a drink and teaching us everything i need to know before i even step foot on a boat. thats the life. im in. now when they realzie they need rules this can get better until then im fishing as a co. I mean if i do something wrong it not my fault. Its the pros fault. he never told me i couldnt urinate in the livewell. :roll:
Why can't you be more like Shaun.
littlebailey

Post by littlebailey »

CN wrote:
littlebailey wrote:i think im going back to co angler status. what if we all did it? what could they do? theres no rules, costs less money, way less, and now we have a pro telling when we can open a drink and teaching us everything i need to know before i even step foot on a boat. thats the life. im in. now when they realzie they need rules this can get better until then im fishing as a co. I mean if i do something wrong it not my fault. Its the pros fault. he never told me i couldnt urinate in the livewell. :roll:
:D :D :D Did what i say open your eyes a little? Dont be offended. I was just saying what every one with a little commonsense was thinking.
"Posse Approved"
www.reactorwatch.com
www.bassaholics.com
www.irodfishing.com
Andy Lippert

Post by Andy Lippert »

CN wrote:
+1
Rich hamilton

Post by Rich hamilton »

Believe me Roland is not a cheater, he might push the rules but not a cheater. The days of co-anglers and respect etc are over. Why do you thing Brent does not fish shared weight?

It is very easy to brain fart and make livewell mistakes, Ever see a guy toss a 5 pound fish over the side when he thought he was tossing his crankbait over the side? It happens.

The only way co-anglers and pro's will ever get back to the way it used to be is when an organization steps up with enough balls to establish and follow through with strict rules.

Co angler and pro bashing is a waste of time, try spending your energy on ideas to make it work. Co anglers entry fees pay the pro's prize purse.

For us old farts we saw the high water mark and have some great memories from a time that will never be replicated.
Just my opinion, Richie Rich
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
adman

Post by adman »

I will continue to hope someone will figure out a way to measure, weigh and confirm fish, record the data, then release the fish. The major league fishing format is so much better, but obviously expensive and requires a marshal, but there must be, with all the technology available today some way of eliminating live wells, holding the fish for hours, then returning them all in the same area tournament after tournament. Better for the fishery and so much easier for the contestants.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Each tournament organization makes it's own choices, and it's own rules, according to how they want to run their businesses. Not better or worse, just different.
As for mistakes on the water, stuff happens.
Get over it.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
stickbait

Post by stickbait »

gixxer464 wrote:Im not talking about Roland Martin in particular(he has plenty of money).Speaking from experience I had the pleasure of drawing Kevin"Hollywood" on day 1 of the Everstart event at Havasu this year and he was more than courteous. He treated me with respect and we both had a fun day on the water(even though the fishing sucked).
Should have toss one of your fish in his live well and then tell us how he acted... :lol: :lol: :lol: .. Kidding with the HW...
Garrettt

Post by Garrettt »

Did Roland say.. "damn son I had that 2,3,4,5,6,7,8#er not you!?!?"