ABA OROVILLE AND FOLSOM AND THOSE THAT LIVE IN THE AREA

RipnRog

ABA OROVILLE AND FOLSOM AND THOSE THAT LIVE IN THE AREA

Post by RipnRog »

I am putting this out there to see if there would be interest from any new anglers as well as the current anglers. I am wondering if you guys would support the combining of both regions to make a new region

the idea I had was to fish both Oroville and Folsom and throw in a lake in between I have talked to a few of you and the idea would be to put in Camp Far west for a tournament. I really like the idea but I am wondering if both the current anglers like it and if new teams would like it... I am personally thinking that with three lakes it is better and the travel is not so bad as non require overnight sleeping... We are thinking of all Sunday events....

Please provide both the good and the bad. feedback

Thanks Rip
bassmonkey

Re: ABA OROVILLE AND FOLSOM AND THOSE THAT LIVE IN THE AREA

Post by bassmonkey »

I like the idea. It would be a nice change and maybe we will see the numbers grow a little. Maybe toss in a Bullards Bar or two for good measure. Bullards and Oroville are close to the same distance from Folsom. My .02$.
2 Folsom
2 Oroville
1 Camp Far
1 Bullards

Ryan White
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

We thought about bullards. Ut it fishes really small and fish mortality
There is a concern considering how deep they are caught
Dave Mayo

Post by Dave Mayo »

Roger

Im Game its good to see a division with more than one specific fishery. Ive been interested in one of those type divisions for awhile..most of those type divisions are in the future pro type format..great to hear someone is looking to
change it up..

Dave
biteme

Post by biteme »

bassmonkey wrote:I like the idea. It would be a nice change and maybe we will see the numbers grow a little. Maybe toss in a Bullards Bar or two for good measure. Bullards and Oroville are close to the same distance from Folsom. My .02$.
2 Folsom
2 Oroville
1 Camp Far
1 Bullards

Ryan White
I might be down for that
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

This is good to hear. I am running this to show ABA that I believe it can be done.
dtacker

Post by dtacker »

I would fish a circuit like this without question. The only problem I'd run into is if the events are on a Sunday I would have to skip a couple.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

dtacker wrote:I would fish a circuit like this without question. The only problem I'd run into is if the events are on a Sunday I would have to skip a couple.

Personally I like Saturday events the best but a few of the guys that have loyally fished the events are employed in radio shows and at boat shops so I have kept them on Sundays for them....
bassmonkey

Post by bassmonkey »

While I appreciate your concern for fish care and fishing space, you know as well I do that bass lurk in depths of 70' plus in all of the lakes around the foothills. Bullards is way bigger than Camp Far and has incredible facilities at the dam. One derby there is not going to hurt anything. Just hold one there in May and your deep fish problem is solved. I'll fish it wherever you go but I'm pretty sure you would get a good turnout if you included Bullard's. Just my opinion.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

bassmonkey wrote:While I appreciate your concern for fish care and fishing space, you know as well I do that bass lurk in depths of 70' plus in all of the lakes around the foothills. Bullards is way bigger than Camp Far and has incredible facilities at the dam. One derby there is not going to hurt anything. Just hold one there in May and your deep fish problem is solved. I'll fish it wherever you go but I'm pretty sure you would get a good turnout if you included Bullard's. Just my opinion.

I have personally never been to bullards so I have no idea what it is like.. This is just info I have heard from folks. If the majority want to go there I am all in with it..'

one at bullards 2 folsom 1 camp far west... all pretty close really.
dtacker

Post by dtacker »

I would be in. As long as all of the events are 2013 I'd be there for Sundays as well.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

dtacker wrote:I would be in. As long as all of the events are 2013 I'd be there for Sundays as well.

so nothing in Nov or Dec?
dtacker

Post by dtacker »

Unfortunately I've already planned all of my time off work for this year and won't accrue new time until after the new year. Otherwise I'd be all in for any event.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

dtacker wrote:Unfortunately I've already planned all of my time off work for this year and won't accrue new time until after the new year. Otherwise I'd be all in for any event.

ok I am taking all the information.... are you off on Saturdays?
dtacker

Post by dtacker »

Yup Saturdays off. As long as there are no conflicts with current schedules for 2012 I'd be in!
TheFLY

Post by TheFLY »

I'd definitely be in as well.

Totally concur with Ryan's comments on Bullards. Add it and make it in late April to the end of May (perhaps the last event). The fish are up then. And like any lake there are 5 or 6 favorite honey holes but we seem to catch them all over ~ especially that time of year.

2 Oiley-villes
2 Dead Seas ("Thank you Sir, may I have another?")
1 Bullards &
1 CFW

Would be a really, really fun circuit. If we could not average 30+ boats with that schedule then we simply don't deserve any circuit around here.

I'm indifferent as to Sat or Sun but I don't think you should wait until Jan to start it. These lakes are all more fun in the colder months. Nov & Dec are too good to avoid.

-Craig Gottwals
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

TheFLY wrote:I'd definitely be in as well.

Totally concur with Ryan's comments on Bullards. Add it and make it in late April to the end of May (perhaps the last event). The fish are up then. And like any lake there are 5 or 6 favorite honey holes but we seem to catch them all over ~ especially that time of year.

2 Oiley-villes
2 Dead Seas ("Thank you Sir, may I have another?")
1 Bullards &
1 CFW

Would be a really, really fun circuit. If we could not average 30+ boats with that schedule then we simply don't deserve any circuit around here.

I'm indifferent as to Sat or Sun but I don't think you should wait until Jan to start it. These lakes are all more fun in the colder months. Nov & Dec are too good to avoid.

-Craig Gottwals

Yeah I would like to do Oroville and a folsom nov and dec...
Charles

Post by Charles »

Whay not just do 2 at Bullards and skip CFW. I haven't seen one positive thing said about CFW in this thread (no negative either). What about adding a Delta or Berryessa into the mix? .......just a thought.

My work schedule has changed for the better so i'm back in the tournament mix..........finally!!!

Charles
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

Charles wrote:Whay not just do 2 at Bullards and skip CFW. I haven't seen one positive thing said about CFW in this thread (no negative either). What about adding a Delta or Berryessa into the mix? .......just a thought.

My work schedule has changed for the better so i'm back in the tournament mix..........finally!!!

Charles

so april may at bullards? trying to figure out the best times to be there

march may?
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

RipnRog wrote:
Charles wrote:Whay not just do 2 at Bullards and skip CFW. I haven't seen one positive thing said about CFW in this thread (no negative either). What about adding a Delta or Berryessa into the mix? .......just a thought.

Charles

so april may at bullards? trying to figure out the best times to be there

march may?
Best time is February. Depends on when the Kokanee they eat are schooled up tight.
LL
calfisher71

Post by calfisher71 »

great idea
Fishing creates memories for a life time.
www.rbbassfishing.net
#RBASS
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

calfisher71 wrote:great idea

got about a month till we draw permits so I am looking for ideas on scheduling.
brambo0311

Post by brambo0311 »

You could throw in one on the sac or feather too. Go out of American river parkway or Garcia bend. Smallies on the feather are easy and big.

Spring and summer on bullards sucks. It's a great winter lake, but I dont go there after February unless I really want to work hard for fish.
LL
fishmore

Post by fishmore »

I am planning on fishing the ABA this year. I would like to see all the tournaments at Folsom still but will try to travel if they are held on other lakes.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

fishmore wrote:I am planning on fishing the ABA this year. I would like to see all the tournaments at Folsom still but will try to travel if they are held on other lakes.

just trying to offer something more competitive than one lake... actually just talking about doing it...
TheFLY

Post by TheFLY »

Rodger,

I just want to reiterate that I think you are on the right track. Perhaps a few points of clarification would help here:

1) Camp Far has been one of the best places to get bit in the winter months the last few years. The bite has been stellar for at least two years now. I fished an event there in March with 39 boats. And it went well. It is a smaller lake but 39 was not a problem. Would love to see you add it.

2) Similarly, Bullards is phenomenal - but different. Not as many bites in the Winter but 16-24 lbs of spots is very, very doable. Bullards is a little tougher in April and May but I would not say it sucks by any means. It just tends to fish differently. The reason Ryan and I suggested you may want to make it last was because that is when the fish are up and less likely to suffer from being caught in 80 feet of water. Tougher bite yes. But probably better for the bass.

3) Lastly the Folsom-only circuit is not working. We average what, 12 boats? It is time to mix it up.

-Craig
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

TheFLY wrote:Rodger,

I just want to reiterate that I think you are on the right track. Perhaps a few points of clarification would help here:

1) Camp Far has been one of the best places to get bit in the winter months the last few years. The bite has been stellar for at least two years now. I fished an event there in March with 39 boats. And it went well. It is a smaller lake but 39 was not a problem. Would love to see you add it.

2) Similarly, Bullards is phenomenal - but different. Not as many bites in the Winter but 16-24 lbs of spots is very, very doable. Bullards is a little tougher in April and May but I would not say it sucks by any means. It just tends to fish differently. The reason Ryan and I suggested you may want to make it last was because that is when the fish are up and less likely to suffer from being caught in 80 feet of water. Tougher bite yes. But probably better for the bass.

3) Lastly the Folsom-only circuit is not working. We average what, 12 boats? It is time to mix it up.

-Craig
I agree. the Oroville is around the same boats as well. I think combining them and adding one CFW and one Bullards would make for an interesting circuit that would be competitive circuit with very little travel.
5basscat

Post by 5basscat »

RipnRog wrote:
TheFLY wrote:Rodger,

-Craig
I agree. the Oroville is around the same boats as well. I think combining them and adding one CFW and one Bullards would make for an interesting circuit that would be competitive circuit with very little travel.
Loving the sound of this Im in if it works out!
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

it is sounding more and more like this is what guys want in this area.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

still looking for feedback
bassmonkey

Post by bassmonkey »

November-Oroville
December-Folsom
February-Oroville
March-Camp Far West
April-Folsom
May-Bullards Bar

All great lakes at great times to fish them.
RipnRog

Post by RipnRog »

bassmonkey wrote:November-Oroville
December-Folsom
February-Oroville
March-Camp Far West
April-Folsom
May-Bullards Bar

All great lakes at great times to fish them.

I like that schedule... I would love to fish this schedule personally.