Need some help with Castaic on Sat morning - Help a vet

scottsweet

Need some help with Castaic on Sat morning - Help a vet

Post by scottsweet »

All,

I have a very special opportunity to take a Vietnam Vet who is in his 70s and whose son bought a birthday present for his father to go fishing. He has Parkinsons (from Agent Orange) and will only be able to fish for 2-3 hours this Saturday morning. His son will be going with his father and I would like them to have a special day together.

If you are on them at Castaic and can give me some good spots that you think will be working from about 7-10am, I would appreciate it. I will be rigging a couple of dropshots with spinning rods to keep things simple. We won't be on earlier and may not last past 9:30 depending on how his father holds up.

I am not making much of anything on this (the son insisted on more than my expenses)...I am doing it just to see the smile on their two faces...especially the son if his Dad catches a fish. Apparently his father is not doing very well and he wanted to do something special for his Dad...while he still can.

One thing for sure...I want to have a great story to tell later Saturday or on Sunday :).

Thanks all in advance...
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
Brian D.

Re: Need some help with Castaic on Sat morning - Help a vet

Post by Brian D. »

The lower lake has some bed fish still going by the rocky spillway area where you launch. Drop shot the outer weed edges for other fish.
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
fishinman

Post by fishinman »

uPPER LAKE, OUTSIDE POINTS ANY AND ALL 10-22 FEET CIN/BLUE OR OXBLOOD LIGHT RED SPLIT SHOT OR DROP SHOT DEAD STICK 10-20 THEN MOVE AND SHAKE
Big Ed

Post by Big Ed »

Scott DVL is rediculous right now. If u have a chance it would be worth the time and fuel.

Hope you whak 'em; Big Ed!
What you say is meaningless.........What you do is everything!
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

Thanks Ed. They live in Burbank. Castaic is closer.

I want to thank multiple people for responding including the folks who PM'd me. We are all rigged and hope I get them on them. My understanding is the bite is better a little later in the day, but the heat will be too much for him. I hope I can find them before he peeters out :). I suspect we will get on the water fishing around 7:30 - 8. We have to move slow :).

I will give a report Saturday afternoon along with some pictures. I am really looking forward to this outing.

Thanks again everyone!

Scott