Bass Clubs

allidoisfish

Bass Clubs

Post by allidoisfish »

What are some local bass clubs around san dimas area? Im only 5 years into bass fishing but ive fished once a week for several years now, and ive always fished alone most the time. Im looking to join a local bass club, and fish some tourneys and hopefully make some new friends that are into the same hobby as I am.

Victor
Scott Robertson

Re: Bass Clubs

Post by Scott Robertson »

victor, try Inland empire bassmasters i am not sure where they meet now it used to be in norco if you dont find their website or info send me a pm and i'll put you in touch with someone. good luck. Scott
bent rods to all good luck.
2005 angler of the year ABA High desert region.
2018 2nd place AAA us open
Slick Rick

Post by Slick Rick »

Hey Victor...

I'm also looking at clubs. Let me know who you end up with.

Let me know when you hit the pudd we can meet up. Your boat or mine, doesn't matter.

-Rick
allidoisfish

Post by allidoisfish »

Slick Rick wrote:Hey Victor...

I'm also looking at clubs. Let me know who you end up with.

Let me know when you hit the pudd we can meet up. Your boat or mine, doesn't matter.

-Rick
I don't really know where to start looking, we should start looking for a club together.
I'll be out there on Tuesday with my new boat! Hope to see you out there
Slick Rick

Post by Slick Rick »

What boat did you end up getting? Congrats!

I can't make it out on Tuesdays very often.

I looking into a few different clubs. One meets in Norwalk, the other in Long Beach/Lakewood and the third in orange.

It's definitely hard to pick. Just need to join in on a meeting and see who you fit in with I guess.
Nunyo Bizness

Post by Nunyo Bizness »

Beach City Bass is a great club. Based out of Long Beach, they travel to DVL, Castaic, Pyramid, Perris, Piru, Cachuma and Lopez. These guys love to fish and show ya what they are doing. They have some really good sticks and did I say they love to fish? They love to fish. If your interested, PM me and I will send you contact info.

Yoz
I came , I saw, I Cleaned and Dried.
Slick Rick

Post by Slick Rick »

Beach Cities Bass in the one in Lakewood/Long Beach I was referring too. I've spoken to a few people that have had experience with them in the past and I've heard nothing but great things.

I've exchanged a couple emails with Richard and hope to speak with him in person soon.

-Rick
allidoisfish

Post by allidoisfish »

I ended up getting an 05 ranger with 36 hours.

I've been looking at some clubs online and came upon bass contenders in San dimas. And Tri city lunkers of northern oc in Fullerton
Slick Rick

Post by Slick Rick »

allidoisfish wrote:I've been looking at some clubs online and came upon... Tri city lunkers of northern oc in Fullerton

I never came across that one... Looks interesting. I'll have to check them out as well.

Thanks for sharing.
-Rick
Big Ed

Post by Big Ed »

Victor my name is Big Ed;

If you go to the WB homepage you will see a menu tab for Bass Clubs. There are many clubs listed there. Our bass club is the California Bass Contenders. We are in San Dimas and meet every first Wed of the month except for this month because the first Wed was July 4th. Instead we are meeting Wed July 11 at 6:30-7:00pm at MichaelAngellos Pizzaria located behing Denny's and Applebeas restaurant: 552 W Arrow Hwy San Dimas Ca.

We are always looking for new members both boaters and non boaters. Stop on in and check us out. We have been together for twenty plus years. If you are ready to fish come to the meeting and sign up for the July tournament at Irvine Lake Sat July 14th. It is a evening tournament that will go 3:00-11:00.

Hope that helps!
What you say is meaningless.........What you do is everything!
Nunyo Bizness

Post by Nunyo Bizness »

Rick,
Richard is a great guy working his butt off to have a great club and it shows. This is my first year with them and I'm having a blast. If you like to fish, like to try the different local lakes and NOT get involved in whinny politics of fishing...this is one club you should check out. Not saying anything about the other clubs mentioned, I hear good things about all of them as well.....but, there are some clubs out there who would rather spend time trashing people then talking about or go fishing. I for one do not need that kind of cr@p and would not join a club because of it. I just want to fish and so does Beach City Bass. Hope tyo see ya there some time.

Yoz
I came , I saw, I Cleaned and Dried.
Obi-Hub

Post by Obi-Hub »

Nunyo Bizness wrote:Rick,
Richard is a great guy working his butt off to have a great club and it shows. This is my first year with them and I'm having a blast. If you like to fish, like to try the different local lakes and NOT get involved in whinny politics of fishing...this is one club you should check out. Not saying anything about the other clubs mentioned, I hear good things about all of them as well.....but, there are some clubs out there who would rather spend time trashing people then talking about or go fishing. I for one do not need that kind of cr@p and would not join a club because of it. I just want to fish and so does Beach City Bass. Hope tyo see ya there some time.

Yoz
+1
~~~Gary "Obi-Hub" Collins
:mrgreen: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ :mrgreen:
dwise

Post by dwise »

Just curious...do you guys know if any of the clubs you recommended accept female members?
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
Big Ed

Post by Big Ed »

dwise wrote:Just curious...do you guys know if any of the clubs you recommended accept female members?
FYI: California Bass Contenders meeting tonight starting approx 6:45 in San Dimas at MichaelAngellos Pizzaria. Fishing Sat July 14 night tournament Irvine Lake.

Basscontenders: No women.
allidoisfish

Post by allidoisfish »

Big Ed wrote:Victor my name is Big Ed;

If you go to the WB homepage you will see a menu tab for Bass Clubs. There are many clubs listed there. Our bass club is the California Bass Contenders. We are in San Dimas and meet every first Wed of the month except for this month because the first Wed was July 4th. Instead we are meeting Wed July 11 at 6:30-7:00pm at MichaelAngellos Pizzaria located behing Denny's and Applebeas restaurant: 552 W Arrow Hwy San Dimas Ca.

We are always looking for new members both boaters and non boaters. Stop on in and check us out. We have been together for twenty plus years. If you are ready to fish come to the meeting and sign up for the July tournament at Irvine Lake Sat July 14th. It is a evening tournament that will go 3:00-11:00.

Hope that helps!
Ed, nice to meet you. I wish I could go to tonight's meeting and Saturday's tournament, unfortunately my grandfather is Ill and I'll be with him at the hospital all week. I would love to sit in on your next meeting.

If you don't mind me asking how many members do you have and what's the age frame?
Big Ed

Post by Big Ed »

allidoisfish wrote:
Big Ed wrote:Victor my name is Big Ed;

Hope that helps!
Ed, nice to meet you. I wish I could go to tonight's meeting and Saturday's tournament, unfortunately my grandfather is Ill and I'll be with him at the hospital all week. I would love to sit in on your next meeting.

If you don't mind me asking how many members do you have and what's the age frame?
About 30 members +/-. Ages 20-Older than crap. Some very good sticks, intermidiate and a couple beginers. Tonight we drew 11 boats for Irvine tournament. Hope to see you next month Wed 1st.
allidoisfish

Post by allidoisfish »

Big Ed wrote:
About 30 members +/-. Ages 20-Older than crap. Some very good sticks, intermidiate and a couple beginers. Tonight we drew 11 boats for Irvine tournament. Hope to see you next month Wed 1st.
Cool, Ill try to get out there next month. How many tournaments do you hold in a year?
topdat

Post by topdat »

I am also looking to join a club, anybody know of any in the san fernando valley?
dwise

Post by dwise »

topdat wrote:I am also looking to join a club, anybody know of any in the san fernando valley?
Castaic Bass Club is looking for boaters.

If interested, here is the website: http://www.castaicbassclub.com
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
topdat

Post by topdat »

Thanks! I will check them out, I do have my own boat to :D
Big Ed

Post by Big Ed »

[/quote]Cool, Ill try to get out there next month. How many tournaments do you hold in a year?[/quote]

12 months and 12 tournaments. One per month!