East Park Res.

fishaddict22

East Park Res.

Post by fishaddict22 »

Good day all. I've been thinkin of taking the Ranger up to East Park, but have heard no good news on the landscape for launching. All the info I can gather is that there are no launch ramps at the lake and 4WD vehicles are a must have to get the boat in/out. Can anybody confirm this? Please Reply! Thanks!
minnkotaman

Re: East Park Res.

Post by minnkotaman »

that's true, i had to get towed out and pushed it with the boat. just to
get on the trailer and get the truck moving. fishing wasn't that great
this late in the year. the delta is far better right now.
Basslab

Post by Basslab »

I have fished East Park for many years and pefer the early spring, just for the bite but I DO NOT own a 4x4 and only once did I have a problem getting out and simply moved 10' down where the bank was not so steep and the Tundra pulled her right out without spinning a tire. Even if you run into a problem, there are always folks nearby that will gladly assist. Now go have some fun.
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

search this topic in the forums. There is a ton of info on the thread I created a couple months ago
supermat

Post by supermat »

I haven't been up there lately but its not that bad to get in and out. I have 4-wheel drive but I've never needed it. As mentioned above, there aren't any ramps so you can pick a good/flat spot to launch. Now, if you choose a steep bank where others have muddied the shore that would be a whole different scenario.
http://www.bassinguide.com
http://www.tacticalbassin.com
fishaddict22

Post by fishaddict22 »

Got up there and found a nice place to launch. Waited till good daylight so I could see everything around the truck then put the boat in. Not bad pulling the MT trailer outta the water. Caught some nice fish throughout the mornin'. Had a few on buzzbaits, a couple nicer fish on the buzzfrog too. Ended up with around 15 once the sun got high fishin' the Yamamoto Fat Ika. Pulling the boat out of the water I had to drop the tire pressure around ten PSI to get a solid grip, but experienced no real difficulties. I really appreciate the tips, Guys. I could definitely see there being more problems after a rain or heavy boat traffic loosening up the shoreline. Again, thanks!