Intro

Dean89

Intro

Post by Dean89 »

I just signed up here and thought Id give a brief introduction. I started fishing when I was 14 mostly for salmon and steelhead, then it went to stripers then to shad, sturgeon, etc. You get the idea.. all with a small amount of bass fishing thrown in. Then last summer a friend of mine bought a 14' aluminum, it had a front casting deck so he put a bow trolling motor on it and that became our bass boat. Since then he has moved to Idaho but allowed me to "babysit" his boat untill he can move it up there. I usually fish Folsom or Camp Far West but would really like to start picking apart the Delta.
Caudawg

Re: Intro

Post by Caudawg »

Welcome aboard, Dean! Be sure to take in as many free seminars as you can at the tackle shops, boats shops and sport shows. You might also check out Ultimate Bass Radio on Sports 1140 at 5-6 AM on Saturday mornings. Or you can listen to archived shows right here http://www.seps.com/Ultimate_Bass_Radio.html

Oops! I forgot to mention WesternBass Magazine that is FREE right here on this site 24/7/365 http://www.westernbass.com/dotcom/wbmag/

By using all these great learning resources, you can shorten your learning curve and also save money by not mistakenly buying stuff that is really not the best tackle/lures etc for the areas you are fishing. Save money to buy that 1st boat of your own some day!!!
John Caulfield
Big Rock Sports- Territory Sales Manager (Norcal)
Freelance Outdoor Writer
VJ

Post by VJ »

Welcome. :D Feel free to PM me if you have any questions i usually fish the Delta Every weekend. Have a good one.
Nutechlures.com
RB BASS FISHING
trophybaits.com
genesistinting.com
mrbassin0614

Post by mrbassin0614 »

Nice to have you on. The delta can be a tricky place to fish, with tides etc. Like VJ I fish the delta alot. Its my main body of water I fish.
flipstar

Post by flipstar »

Seminars and time on the water are the best ways to learn the delta and any water.
flipstar

Post by flipstar »

If you can afford it hireing a guide is always a great tool.
dbbasser

Post by dbbasser »

If you want to cut your learning curve hire one of the fine guides on the Delta...what I did was pick an area and fish it through the diffrent tides section by section. Then move on to another area and do the same thing, let me say this I fished the Delta for close to 40 years and never scratched the surface....its HUGE !

Danny B
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Welcome aboard Dean89. Bass fishing will hook you deep. It's far worst than fishing other species...more like an addiction :D Welcome to the club!! :D
Wolfeman

Post by Wolfeman »

Dean,
Welcome to the crazy world of bass fishin and the equally crazy Delta.

I started with an aluminum boat just like you. And I only fished the Delta out of it, so I know your challenges. If you can't afford shelling out $250 bucks for day on the water with a guide I suggest you start reading all the stuff you can from some of the good fishing guys on the this sight.

I'll send you a PM with my email address and maybe I can give you some pointers on what to do and most importantly what not to do on the Delta. It's a great fishery and you are going to have a blast.

- Wolfeman
"Don't take life too seriously. You're not getting out alive." Bugs Bunny
Dean89

Post by Dean89 »

Thanks for the welcome guys. I hope to learn and share alot from this website and make a few new buddies along the way.
fishin45

Post by fishin45 »

Don,t forget youtube. There are a ton of really cool videos on fishing the delta as well as very specific techniques.

good luck