San Jose Bass Fishing Clubs

Seananator

San Jose Bass Fishing Clubs

Post by Seananator »

Hello! I am a looking for a club to join in the San Jose Area. Anything will help!
Thanks,
Seananator 8)
dockboy

Re: San Jose Bass Fishing Clubs

Post by dockboy »

The 3 main clubs in SJ I know of are the Santa Clara Bass Busters, the Gilroy Bassmasters, and the Santa Clara Bass Classics.

I fished with the Bassbusters while I was in school at UC Santa Cruz. They are a great club, with a diverse tourney schedule and some very good fishermen. Many older guys who helped create the bass fishing scene in NorCal were a Bassbuster at one time. If you just want to get out and fish with a good group of people, or if you are new to bass tournaments, I cannot recommend the Bassbusters highly enough!
Bigbassmike

Post by Bigbassmike »

I have enjoyed fishing with the Bass Classics of Santa Clara Valley for 26 years now and it has allways been a great group of guys. We have members of all ages and styles of fishing from new guys just learning to seasoned pros. I think its one of the best places to get started and learn faster by fishing with a different partner every month and at different lakes. We usully have two or three overnight two day tournaments a year and the bar-b-ques the nights before are great. We hope you can come and check us out on the third Tuesday of the month at Denny's restaurant in San Jose at Brocaw and first street at 7:00 p.m. & check out our web site at Bassclassics.org
bigcarp

Post by bigcarp »

Right. Bassbusters is a great club! Other fishermen agree with me as well.
Seananator

Post by Seananator »

Thanks! I will look at the websites (By the Way, BigBassMike, your website takes me to a bass guitar website :lol ) I will try to go to these meetings as well. How old do you have to be? I am 14.
Thanks
Seananator 8)
Bigbassmike

Post by Bigbassmike »

Hello Seananator

Yes we are having problems right now with our web site it should be up and running again in a few days I am working on it. You must be 18 years old to be a member of our bass club thanks for asking and when you get older come on down and fish with us. Thanks Mike
R. Duzac

Post by R. Duzac »

Who you calling old "Chris" :-), aka dockboy

Seananator
I am also from BassBusters
http://www.bassbusters.com/
I have been part of the club for 16 years now and the club is a good club.

Saying that, I know guys from the other clubs mentioned as well and I don't think you could do wrong joining any one of them.
Look at the last few years schedules and see where each club fishes (Clubs normally don't change much from year to year)
See if they fish places you like to fish.
See where they meet and how close that is to you.

Look at how dues are covered and what it cost to join or even if there are extra costs to fishing the tournaments.
Go to a meeting and meet people, you might get a better feeling fishing with a certain group than another.
Maybe there are more people close to your age group in one over another.

What I can tell you about BassBusters:
There is a fair amount of competition in the club but it's kept at the fun level.
We have a few guys that fish the other circuits as well and there is a lot that can be learned by fishing with many of us in our club.
We fish a variety of Team and Individual Tournaments and all cost for the tournament are shared (Gas, Oil, and Lodging).
We don't charge you to fish the tournament, but we have $20 Monthly dues, and $45 to join once you fish with club member.
Your are voted into the club by majority of club after you fished with someone. So far to date nobody has ever not been voted in.
We weigh our fish at end of tournament and 100% of fish are catch and release, although rules allow you to keep Record size bass.
(Probably a rule we need to update)
Plaques are awarded to the top 3 (team or individuals) and 1 plaque to big fish of the tournament
We welcome Boaters, non-boaters, men or women. If you have a desire to fish for bass and enjoy the camraderie we would like to have you.
We have an annual dinner in ~February to celebrate previous years winners and also have an end of the year raffle (your significant other is also invited)

Clubs are a great place to learn or if anything an excuse to get out once a month.
Remember we fish rain or shine so I will warn you now you need good rain gear.
Hope this helps you out.
Thanks
Rene
R. Duzac

Post by R. Duzac »

Seananator
I just read that you are 14.
You will find that is a problem with probably all clubs due to insurance problems.
You would still be welcome to come to our meetings and probably meetings by other clubs as well.
Why???? there might be a special speaker at the club meeting that would be talking about equipment or techniques..
You can learn how fish have been caught lately from other members.
You can just talk fishing with other people like you.
Maybe you could meet someone who with your parents consent could get you out for a day of fishing.
We have made one other person an honorary member.
Anyway, your starting at a great age.

If I were you I would also get to know "Dockboy" more.
He's big time College Bass Fisherman, and that may interest you as well.
Your hopefully only 4 years away from college.

Thanks,
Rene
Seananator

Post by Seananator »

Thanks Rene... I have been looking EVERYWHERE to join bass clubs and tournaments!! Unfortunately, and fortunately, I have found only CO Pro-teen TOurnament and Recycled fish-a-thon... Too bad I am so young... I just got the email from bassbusters and they said 16 with parent signature...
R. Duzac

Post by R. Duzac »

Seananator,

Sorry to hear about your struggles. The good new is the next 2 - 4 years is going to go by quickly.
Keep fishing and by the time you do join a club you will be beating many of us.

Rene
bassmaster89

Post by bassmaster89 »

Check out the delta teen team.