O.H.I. Pro Ams (NO A-Rigs)

Jason Milligan

O.H.I. Pro Ams (NO A-Rigs)

Post by Jason Milligan »

Just read the rules for Outdoor Heritage Inc Pro/Ams. NO A-Rigs allowed! What's your opinion on that decision? I'm neutral on the topic. I've had that rig reward me and kill me...
ALPHA ANGLER
PHILS PROP
SIMMS FISHING
TANDSDVBE
LADIES MAN CUSTOM BAITS
ASD

Re: O.H.I. Pro Ams (NO A-Rigs)

Post by ASD »

Jason
I am neutral also. The rules are the rules. If a org said no then it's no rig's. Not a big deal one way or the other.
S. Bailey

Post by S. Bailey »

well I wasnt going to fish any of these . But I may just do one for now . Neutral as well...
****BASS AKWARDS PRODUCTIONS **** Presents : The Big Bait Posse...Volume 1
The craziest Swimbait video in History. You have never seen so many giant swimbait fish jammed into one Action Packed DVD. Hope everybody enjoy's !!
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Shawn... just out of curiosity why dont you plan on fishing the whole outdoor heritage south circuit? I thought youd be all in for them.. The circuit sounds great to me and Im thinking about doing them. But, Im interested to hear your opinion on them? As a guy that fishes alot of Pro events, Is there a better thing going in your opinion in the south? You can respond by PM if you want.

Pete
PeteMarinoGuideService.com
S. Bailey

Post by S. Bailey »

the only reason why I wasnt going to fish it is I couldnt afford too. But if there is an A RIG BAN than ill do my best to save enough cash for the havasu event . There is nothing better in my opionion. Just simply couldnt afford them all . But hopefully I can cherry pick a few.
The craziest Swimbait video in History. You have never seen so many giant swimbait fish jammed into one Action Packed DVD. Hope everybody enjoy's !!
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

Thanks shawn..I didnt mean to pry, but thank you for the candid honest answer.

Whats your opinion on the Alabama rig? Do you think it gives guys an unfair advantage? Whats your opinion on it.. It seems to me that if everybody can use it then there isnt an advantage. Or is it the fact that some guys wouldnt be throwing the properly hooked rigs for a given body of water and there would be no way to really know how many hooks they were using?

Pete
S. Bailey

Post by S. Bailey »

im pretty neutral on the rig. With or without it guys will catch fish . Its gonna save me hours in tournament prep time with it banned haha.
TEAMDEADMONEY

Post by TEAMDEADMONEY »

got it.. Thanks Shawn!!

Pete
elfish16

Post by elfish16 »

S. Bailey wrote:im pretty neutral on the rig. With or without it guys will catch fish . Its gonna save me hours in tournament prep time with it banned haha.
Hahaha... really its the only thing to take positive away from banning it... you don't gotta fish it it practice
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
davet.

Post by davet. »

As long as the field is even, it doesn't matter what's banned.
Although personally I don't see how banning it will change the outcome of any event.
You can live as will as die with this bait, just like any other.
www.powerskoop.com
....it aint rocket science!
EricParraFishing

Post by EricParraFishing »

I am in favor of one lure at a time. I have no problem with those who have already mastered the technigue and won money with it but I like the ban on it.
Ceaser

Post by Ceaser »

crazy... imagine if the tours would have banned the senko because when that took off everyone said it leveled the playing field too. can use a rip bait with 3 trebles (9hooks and barbs) but not a a rig with 3 single hooks... hmmm. But as long as its banned for everyone than its a non factor, just dont understand a-rig "bigots" :lol:
is that glitter!? Nice boat tinkerbell!
Hawg44Hustler

Post by Hawg44Hustler »

Its very simple. DFG regulations vary by state and tournament organizations have enough "grey" areas to deal with as is. Like Shawn said the best will catch there fish regardless
CN

Post by CN »

If you know in advance that a certain bait is not allowed then there should not be an issue. I could have all the rod's loaded up with A-Rigs and guy's like Shawn would kick my butt anyway.
I don't own one nor do I plan on it. I would like to know how many event's have been won on this rig since it became such a contrversy with some.

A freind I fish with uses them and I am not that impressed with the results. Big old clanky thing making all that noise. Get that stupid thing out of my boat :lol:
clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

Every tournament from Nov-- Feb up here was won with an a-rig. all 30-36 pound 5fish limits.
The only problem I see with the Rig is that to many guys are throwing it with 5 hooks. Fish and Game brought several into the shop that they had found snagged or just on the bottom.
I think its a great big fish bait but guys need to follow what ever rules are set!
Dave
CN

Post by CN »

clearlakeoutdoors wrote:Every tournament from Nov-- Feb up here was won with an a-rig. all 30-36 pound 5fish limits.
The only problem I see with the Rig is that to many guys are throwing it with 5 hooks. Fish and Game brought several into the shop that they had found snagged or just on the bottom.
I think its a great big fish bait but guys need to follow what ever rules are set!
Dave
Wow, perhaps that is why the Lure is not allowed. Do you think the Rig will continue to do this or slow down to just one rig you have ready on the deck. And it would be wise to just use the other two as teaser's or you may see them banned State wide. Rememebr we are in California.
Jason Milligan

Post by Jason Milligan »

Interesting mix of opinions. Like I said I'm neutral on the rig. I actually take pride when I catch em on conventional baits when others are throwing the rig. It seems like every event after the rig came out you had to start practice trying to find the rig bite. It made practice kind of boring.

The timing of OHI's schedule will produce good weights and lots of fish being caught with or without the rig in play.
ALPHA ANGLER
PHILS PROP
SIMMS FISHING
TANDSDVBE
LADIES MAN CUSTOM BAITS
kitjack

Post by kitjack »

Where you seeing these rules? I looked on the OHI website and I don't see any rules, or even a payback chart. What is the onsite payback since the entry fees were reduced ?
Mike Thomas

Post by Mike Thomas »

Go to OHI's website. In the top right corner of the home page there is a search box. Type in "rules" and you're there