Lock-n-Haul drawing

Jim Smith

Lock-n-Haul drawing

Post by Jim Smith »

Everyone (current Lock-n-Haul owner or not) is invited to post your comments (positive or negative) in this thread about the Lock-n-Haul advanced transom saver.

Please encourage your buddies to comment!

All the posters names will be filtered so that the name will be entered into the random drawing only once, so discussion is encouraged and all questions will be answered here as well.

A random drawing from all of the names of entries will be held October 31, 2012 at noon.

Five (5) names will be drawn and each name drawn will receive a free Lock-n-Haul advanced transom saver.
Last edited by Jim Smith on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:49 am, edited 3 times in total.
rico

Re: Lock-n-Haul drawing

Post by rico »

This is the first time I've seen this. It looks interesting. I'm anxious to hear the comments from the guys who are using this.
Revoke36

Post by Revoke36 »

The universal fit came in handy this past weekend. I took my lock-n-haul off of my 225 and put it on my buddy's 75 so we could make a long tow without his traditional transom saver bouncing all over the highway. Hopefully I can win one to give to him!
Support 81
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

I know the lock-n-haul takes away the beating of the lower unit, which it would get by connecting the lower unit with the trailer through a regular transom saver. My question is if there might be any problem with the lower unit not being supported at all with the lock-n-haul (is there some kind of internal shock absorption for the part of the engine that is hanging below the lock-n-haul connection)?
Thanks,
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

The problem with traditional motor support is that the heavy outboard is allowed to shake and move, which affects all of the rigging and ultimately the transom when the sudden bursts of kinetic energy reach it. The patented '4-point inline load' design of the Lock-n-Haul eliminates all of the shaking while being trailered and the motor cannot move up, down or sideways. The engineered geometry of the Lock-n-Haul supports the outboard completely and eliminates any type of cantilever effect by removing all clearance in the entire system, making the motor a solid part of the boat, independent of the trailer.
ttb31183

Post by ttb31183 »

I just made a cross country trip with it on (total of 4,200 miles) and no problems at all.
Tyler Brinks
Bass Pro Shopper

Post by Bass Pro Shopper »

entries will be held November 31, 2012 at noon
November only has 30 days. Typo with the day or maybe month?

I wish I could use the Lock-N-Haul. The bolts that would fit up against are covered by plastic molding on my Honda 225. Booooo!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
It's more serious than that!
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Bass pro,
You still have the opporyunity to use the lock-n-haul. You may be able to access the flange bolts by cutting out holes in the plastic cover. We have an example of this option on the web site...check it out.

Randy
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Just like many boat owners I have used the traditional transom savers for years and on several boats/motors. I have also had to replace the traditional ones a couple times from them wearing out, cracking or breaking towards the top where the fork is allowed to move back and forth with the motor. I did not even think about the vibration and extra stress and pounding the traditional style put on the lower unit. Being educated is all it took for me to make the change.
The Lock-n-Haul removes all of that as Jim mentioned, is super easy to use and store as well. I have been using this product for almost 5 months now and have been extreamly happy with it. It keeps my motor straight and stable and I no longer have to worry about my lower unit being stressed. I have driven hundreds of miles with the unit in place and have been on some really bad roads... no problems what so ever!
Awesome product at a very competitive price. No parts to wear out.. no lower unit shock..
super light weight..you just can't go wrong with this product.
Guys/Gals, we spend a ton of money on rods, reels, tackle, boats and motors... this is a very simply piece of equiptment that should be added to your package.. your motor will thank you for it ~
If you ever see me out and about, please do not hesitate to have me demo the Lock-n-Haul on your motor...

Randy
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

I have an older boat and motor and have been using my lock-n-haul with no problems and feel at ease as I travel. I am a rep in the So. Cal area and can show you the product if you are interested. This is a GREAT product!!
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

Phil. 4:13
I can do all things through Christ the Lord who strengthens me.
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

The correct date for the drawing is October 31.
NJA

Post by NJA »

Lock-n-Haul has been a great product for me. Used it when I went to Canada about a 800 mile trip plus many trips to tournaments and have never had a problem. Was experiencing my motor turning during hauling before and Lock-n-Haul has taken care of that problem completely, plus I do not notice the bounce I use to get or see when traveling rough roads around my house. I am also a rep in north western Wisconsin and would love to help anyone that would like more information
Don R

Post by Don R »

I'm interested in purchasing this item, but I would like to be entered for the drawing at this time.
Don R
adamsj13

Post by adamsj13 »

Randy Walker did a demo for me and I was really impressed...
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Guess I'll jump in on this thread as well..

I purchaced a L&H back in June for my 2013 Legend. Once i made the adjustments to fit the 225 Merc Pro xs, I used locktite to hold the plastic nuts in place to maintain the correct spacing. This device is 10x easier to use than the traditional transom saver and centering clips that came with the bote. As of now, i have been up and down the coast and to Lake Mead serveral times. Zero issues. The product is sturdy and compact and last for years. Once installed properly, your engine will NOT move left-right or vibrate -- hence locked in place.

BTW, If I happen to win a L&H, like i did at the Delta Pro/Teen, I will re-donate it to a club raffle.
Anyone want a very lightly used transom saver and centering clips? 8)

---- ^^ Not a prostaffer ^^ ---------
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
Marc

Post by Marc »

I checked out the website and this looks good! Looking forward to trying one myself to write about.
www.RangerBoats.com
www.Evinrude.com
www.QuickDropsWeights.com
www.Yamamoto.Baits.com
www.Lamiglas.com
www.Gamakatsu.com
www.LuckyCraft.com
www.Lowrance.com
www.TransducerShieldandSaver.com
griffin76

Post by griffin76 »

I have been using this piece of art for last 6 months. Since then I don't have to go through the pain from the crawling back of the boat to
lock the traditional transom saver (especially after long day of fishing). It is light, easy to fix to any motors and quick, once you fix the position.
Thanks to Jim, it has been helping me not only from back pain, but also saving time after fishing. :D
Hawg44Hustler

Post by Hawg44Hustler »

I have not made the purchase yet but some of my buddies are using it and swear by it. Put me in the drawing, if I don't win I will be buying one myself.
stan7

Post by stan7 »

I like the concept, I've been looking for some way of locking the steering while on the trailer.
topdawg2700

Post by topdawg2700 »

Wow...cool product...just checked out the website too. I would LOVE to win one of these as I need one BAD. I have been using one of the older styles that I've had for years and it is horrible but it is all I have and all I can afford right now. Please enter me in the contest and thanks for having it.

Also would like to extend an early congrats to whoever wins!
keeb

Post by keeb »

I'm about to buy my first boat; don't know what this is and just shows I have a lot to learn!
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

I'm happy to answer any of your questions here also.
Bass Pro Shopper

Post by Bass Pro Shopper »

Randy Walker wrote:Bass pro,
You still have the opporyunity to use the lock-n-haul. You may be able to access the flange bolts by cutting out holes in the plastic cover. We have an example of this option on the web site...check it out.

Randy
Thanks Randy. I guess that's what I'm going to have to do. But first I have to win a Lock-n-Haul!! :lol: I did check the site where you show a motor that had holes cut out. Cool!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death.
It's more serious than that!
dyollp

Post by dyollp »

Looks like a cool way to protect your transom and motor while towing to the lake.
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

Check out these videos on Lock-n-Haul installations.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Transomsaver
lucky0619

Post by lucky0619 »

I like to try your product, please put me in the drawing.
twocold

Post by twocold »

Looks like a great product please put me into the drawing
Levy

Post by Levy »

I am in need of a new transomsaver for my 2010 Champ. If I do not win this contest I will buy one as this product looks solid compared to my current solution. Thanks Jon Levenson
Rich reeser

Post by Rich reeser »

I am always ready to try something new. I would like to check one out hands on.
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

Rich reeser wrote:I am always ready to try something new. I would like to check one out hands on.
Check it out at Angler's Marine in Anaheim and Lakeside, Last Chance Performance Marine in Hemet, Fish'n - Marine Center in Lakeside, Phil's Props in Shasta Lake, Delta Marine in Stockton, or prostaffers Randy Walker in Roseville, J.R. Taylor in Madera, Kevin Miner in Saugus or Soon Lee in Garden Grove (all forum members). If your favorite shop isn't listed, please ask them to check us out for dealer opportunities,
ASD

Post by ASD »

my fishing partner has 1 and it works great
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Hey Rich,
Not sure where your located but I'd be happy to show one to you and even do a fitting on your motor so you can check it out.

Let me know where your at or where you'll be fishing over the next few weekends.. Maybe we can hook up...

Randy
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
michael

Post by michael »

Looks like a good product but have yet to see one first hand. I'll take a look next time I'm at a dealer...
WackySenko

Post by WackySenko »

I have a 1988 Ranger 373V with a 1988 Yamaha 150 Pro V. Will the Lock N Haul work on my boat? I forgot to hook the cable on the bottom of an old style transome saver one time, hit a bump, got to the launch prep area and there was NO transome saver. I guess it came off the trailer, hit the pavement and came off. Good thing there was nobody behind me. I was lucky that the bottom end was not damaged.

Thank you for the chance to win one.
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

Thanks for checking out the Lock-n-Haul. This innovative and effective device uses the patented '4 point inline load system' to remove all of the movement of the outboard motor in travel position, while minimizing the harmful effects of motion energy on your transom.

The Lock-n-Haul only comes in one model that adjusts to fit 90% of the outboard motors in use today, including all motor brands and most models and sizes, and on literally any boat.

The device is designed with flexible nylon space adjusters so that the spacing can be different on the top and the bottom in order to accommodate all outboard motors. The device contacts two areas at the bottom of the transom mount and two points on the steering bearing flange bolt heads so that the steering pivot is stabilized.

There are three features that are necessary for it to work with your outboard, and due to the vast number of motor designs it is necessary to review these features on the Lock-n-Haul website to determine if it will work on your motor.

Please refer to this link to determine if the Lock-n-Haul will work with your motor. http://www.lock-n-haul.com/willitfitmymotor.htmlor if you want to send me some pictures of your motor that are similar to the pictures on that webpage, showing the boatside of the lower unit above the cavitation plate, and the bottom of the transom motor mount, then I will be happy to help you determine if it will fit.
Rich reeser

Post by Rich reeser »

Randy I am in Dixon, west of Sacramento. Won't be fishing anymore tourneys until after the first of the year. For now I will be chasing stripers on the west delta.

Jim I will pass your infor along to Mark @ Gone Fishing Marine here in Dixon and maybe they will inventory a few.
Thanks,Rich
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

Congratulations to the following members for being randomly drawn to win a free Lock-n-Haul:

NJA
stan7
Randy Walker
lucky0619
michael

Get your shipping information to me either by pm or email to sales@lock-n-haul.com.

Thanks for participating!

Jim
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Congrats to the winners!!! You will love the product and how well it stabilizes your motor!! Anyone close to Santa Clarita that wants to see the product PM me and I will be glad to help you.
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

Phil. 4:13
I can do all things through Christ the Lord who strengthens me.
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Congrats to the winners! Your gonna be pleased with this product for sure ~

Either Jim or myself will be re-drawing for the unit that I won... so for those that did not win a unit the first time around... you still got action!
Another winner will be announced soon ~ keep checking back...

If you have any questions or want to check the Lock-n-Haul out, let me know. I'm in Roseville and take care of surrounding area's.

Thanks and enjoy the Lock-n-Haul

Randy
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

Randy Walker decided to donate the Lock-n-Haul that he won, so congratulations topdawg2700 for winning the redraw. Get your shipping information to me, and I'll get one coming your way. Thanks to Randy also!
Jim Smith

Post by Jim Smith »

I didn't pick up on it, but NJA is Nick Allee from Wisconsin and he is also a Lock-n-Haul pro-staffer. He sent me an email saying that he wants to donate his to another redraw also, so marc is the lucky guy to congratulate.
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

Excellent! Congrats topdawg and Marc... Enjoy!

Randy
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
topdawg2700

Post by topdawg2700 »

I would like to extend a HUGE thanks to Randy Walker and Lock-n-Haul! Randy thanks so much for donating as I need this bad and am extremely thankful to win it. Lock-n-Haul thanks so much for having the contest! I would like to also extend a congrats to the other winners as well!

May God Bless and tight lines

Steve
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

No problem at all Steve... Glad to do it! Get the Lock-n-Haul matched to your motor and happy and safe trailering. If you have any questions about it please feel free to reach out to me, Jim or any other staff. The website is full of tons of information as well...
Hope you like the product and please make sure to let us know what you think of it after you had a chance to use it... good or bad, we want to know.

Congrats again and good fishing ~

Randy
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com