Dobyns 734 micro savvy series casting rod

NorCalBassnPJ

Dobyns 734 micro savvy series casting rod

Post by NorCalBassnPJ »

I purchased a dobyns 734 micro savvy casting rod on black friday, and it shipped to me that next tuesday. Upon receiving my new rod (among a new reel and reel cover) from tacklewarehouse.com, I unpackaged everything and it was all there. However, after removing the rod from the cardboard tube, and removing the plastic, bubblewrap, and foam rod tip protector, I examined the blank thoroughly (being kinda anal about it I suppose, but it IS a +$150 rod nonetheless), and found a scrape between the top two micro guides on TOP of the blank where the line flows. I haven't used the rod yet but I did pair it up with the new Gen3 Revo SX and it is sweeeet! I'm wondering, shoulld I send the rod back to tacklewarehouse and have a new one shipped back to me? Or should I find a local rod repair shop and ask them about it? I'm not sure if the blank itself is damaged or not, I just don't want my line scraping over the nicked area and fraying and snapping off lures or even a big bass (I know that sounds retarded but its on an area of the rod that that is a possibility of occurring). The scrape itself isn't very big, maybe 3/4 of a centimeter or so, but I paid good money for that rod and am just wondering what your guys thoughts are on this. I live in the Redding, CA area and I know there are some rod repair shops around the area. But I'd like some opinions first. Thanks in advance!
Tobey

Re: Dobyns 734 micro savvy series casting rod

Post by Tobey »

Call Tackle Warehouse and let them know the rod is damaged...they will send a return shipping label for you to use, they are really good about this. You do not want a graphite rod to have any type of scratches or dings in it, they will break when stressed if they do.
NorCalBassnPJ

Post by NorCalBassnPJ »

Thanks Tobey! I have emailed them and they actually already sent me a label a couple days ago, i've just been reaaalllly busy with work and school...smh :roll: so I'll definitely do that asap. I just gotta print the thing out and repackage the rod and bring it to the post office. too bad they couldnt just send me a replacement and on "scout's Honor" I could just send the rod back. cuz i wouldnt want to use that rod i have now anyway. oh well lol my revo sx will be lonely for a week or so i guess :lol:
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Tacklewarehouse will handle this, no problem. BUT, if you would like to save time and effort...just fish the rod. I will be at Shasta in early Feb and bring you a new replacement rod. My guide spacing should not let your line touch the blank, so no worries there. If it busts, I'll replace it. The scout's honor system would be nice...but I could tell you war stories on this ........

Totally your call. Send it back to TW or fish it and I'll gladly replace it on my next trip to Redding.
GW

Post by GW »

thats some customer service right there from the man himself............
Schneider Fishing

Post by Schneider Fishing »

I just knew gary would jump in here at some point.

Great customer service!!
Robert Schneider
My wife is my real sponsor

www.PhenixBaits.com
Nunyo Bizness

Post by Nunyo Bizness »

Thats why I buy them. Great rods with great customer service.

Yoz
I came , I saw, I Cleaned and Dried.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Thanks for kind words guys. Simply the right thing to do. We do try hard on customer service and quality of product. Thanks again.
Marty

Post by Marty »

Gary – I pick up a Dobyns swim bait rod 4 or 5 years ago and while moving to Colorado the cork handle got dirty, I think it was when I was eating a Krispy Kream . Next time you’re in Colorado can you bring me a new rod? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great customer service!
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Marty I was in Colorado hunting mule deer a month ago. If I'd only of known :D :D I guess you're s*** out of luck :D :D Unless you're buying Krispy's then I'll have to stop by. Great state for hunting. I'm hoping to draw tag again. Had a great time!!
ChuckP

Post by ChuckP »

I just received an email reply from Gary Dobyns. I asked him about the no hassle warranty. I'll skip the details but want to reply publicly. Gary, I was very impressed! You clearly understand what good customer service is all about! You have a quality product, but more importantly stand behind it. Let me add my voice to the many that say thanks you. I bought another Dobyns rod today because of your outstanding support. Thank you.
Charles Peak
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Thanks for kind words Charles. Much appreciated!! Merry Christmas and hopefully that rod only catches BIG ones :D
Zak Elrite

Post by Zak Elrite »

That's what Dobyns is all about Chuck! I didn't know you started fishing them but I'm glad. I love every single thing about them! Hope to see you out on the water, or at some of next years club events Chuck.
[b]Zak Elrite[/b]
Bagel Bar, Mercury Marine, Lowrance, Coyote Bait & Tackle, Ben Green Insurance, G-Funk Baits, Keitech, Spearpoint Hooks, Dobyns Rods, Lews Reels, Bucknbass
ACRon

Post by ACRon »

I was looking for a new rod recently so I email the office with what I was planning on throwing. Richard replied back the same day with his recommendations and some alternatives. Went to the local dealer and they didn't have that particular rod in stock. They ordered me one and I got it within 48 hours.

The rod is spot on for what I needed. That's great service.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="ACRon"]I was looking for a new rod recently so I email the office with what I was planning on throwing. Richard replied back the same day with his recommendations and some alternatives. Went to the local dealer and they didn't have that particular rod in stock. They ordered me one and I got it within 48 hours.

The rod is spot on for what I needed. That's great service.[/quote]

Thanks ACRon. This is very easy for us. We recommend rods to customers every single day. Many know what they want and are just double checking. But, many times we can make a guy a better fisherman by helping match the right rod to right technique. Richard, Dan, and I do this many times every day. It makes our phones a little rough at times :D but we think it's a strength for us.

Glad to help...send us some pics of BIG ONES.......and THANKS!!
NorCalBassnPJ

Post by NorCalBassnPJ »

Its been over a year since I've been on the forum so I hadn't really seen the last posts til now. but I just wanted to say a huge thank you to Gary Dobyns for personally reaching out to me thru this post regarding the rod. Btw I DID get it all worked out lol. And like others have said, thats great/outstanding customer service. Thanks again!