My ReelEx Experience

Zak Elrite

My ReelEx Experience

Post by Zak Elrite »

Let me say I have never had reels serviced by any tech or professional before this years ISE show in Sacramento. I've done my own minor tuning and cleaning, MINOR! I finally dug up 11 reels, all Shimano, ranging from old Bantam curados, the Curado D and even a couple of Sustain Spinning reels from my gear boxes and took them to Dan Isaac of ReelEx during the ISE. He listened to what I had say about them, checked them all quickly in front of me and got all my shipping information. Hassle free!

I was shocked when I so quickly received them back slightly over a week after the ISE, awesome timing especially since I told him no need to rush. Each reel not only looks great but functions way better than I even remembered. He even fixed a couple of issues with the spinning reels on his own accord! He is great at what he does and very affordable. I couldn't imagine being happier with the service. Let's not forget he is a straight shooter and a nice guy ta boot!

CONCLUSION - There is real VALUE is having ReelEx clean and tune your reels guys!! Over time we don't realize how our gear wears down and costs us efficiency and possibly $$$. I would highly recommend sending even a few reels at a time to ReelEx and having them cleaned and tuned, possibly fix drags.. His turn around time is amazing and so seamless!!

Thanks Dan and ReelEx, I can now put these reels to work on the water while I guide and especially in tournaments!!
[b]Zak Elrite[/b]
Bagel Bar, Mercury Marine, Lowrance, Coyote Bait & Tackle, Ben Green Insurance, G-Funk Baits, Keitech, Spearpoint Hooks, Dobyns Rods, Lews Reels, Bucknbass
jimmy87

Re: My ReelEx Experience

Post by jimmy87 »

x2

Never sent my reels out for cleaning up until a few years ago. Always oiled and clean myself.

Now days I send all my reels to ReelEx. They come back BETTER than new. The bearing upgrade is incredible if you choose to have them installed. I do not know what exaclty ReelEx dose to the reels but it pure magic.
Time for me to send out a few more as a matter of fact.
just shut up and fish
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

I had Dan replace the bearings on 5 of my Curados' , had to take some time to get used to the extra distance , but worth the money for sure .
I wonder if he can fix a couple of Symetre's I have . One of them seized up and you can barely turn the handle and the other has a drag problem.
What say you Dan ?
Robb
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

First, let me just say most of the credit goes to the training I've received from some of the finest Techs to ever walk the halls at Shimano, and that knwoledge is invaluable to what I do.

Second, I do try and make it as seemless as I can. I too fish when time allows, so I do know what it is ike to put something down for service, be it boat, reel, or otherwise, and that's one thing I focus on when you send me your reels. I want them back in your hands as quickly as possible, and I want you happy with what you receive back. I'm far from perfect, but that in no way stops me from trying to be. A customer's satisfaction is always foremost, ALWAYS!

Third, I cannot thank enough, those who have taken the time to post their experience, or those who continue to spread the word about ReelEx. Seriously, this means alot, more than you know, and I truly appreciate it gentlemen.

With regards to the Symetre reels, don't try and wind em' anymore. Send em' up and let me see what I can do for em'. No service charge if un-repairable.

Again, thank you all very much!

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
davetNitro

Post by davetNitro »

More testimonial, i sent 7 reels to Dan, using USPS, with confirmation on delivery.
the post office messed up, and routed my package to post office holding location. I contacted
the post office, and Dan, to try and track it down. Dan was in contact with his post office,
and the post master, told Dan that he would hand deliver package personally. Dan took the time
to help track down my reels. showed up at my house very soon after, good, probably better than new.

thanks Dan, excellent customer service!
DaveT

'06 Nitro 911 250 Verado
HDS 10, 8 LSS-1 LWX-1
SonicHub MercMonitor
Paul Matthews

Post by Paul Matthews »

Dan is a class act. Been using him for a couple of years. I once sent some reels inside the felt bags. When they came back no bags. No biggie. Didn't even mention it. 4 days later he sent the bags. Great guy, honest and he does great work. Even though I live in AZ the turnaround time was faster than the local guy we have here. Thanks Dan
froteur

Post by froteur »

i would use dan for ALL of my reels but he doesn't service daiwas. :evil:
davetNitro

Post by davetNitro »

I have a several daiwa's as well, that are ready for tuning.... :|
DaveT

'06 Nitro 911 250 Verado
HDS 10, 8 LSS-1 LWX-1
SonicHub MercMonitor
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

pretty cool when you run away for the day...all the way to Bullard's, only to run into two customers on the ramp. One in the AM and one in the PM. Nice meeting both of ya!

Good luck this weekend.

Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

froteur

Post by froteur »

DanIsaac wrote:pretty cool when you run away for the day...all the way to Bullard's, only to run into two customers on the ramp. One in the AM and one in the PM. Nice meeting both of ya!

Good luck this weekend.

Dan
how was the fishing?
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

fair Perry. Symetre update. Robb good as new and on the way back.
Dan