Dobyns Rod Warranty

Jeff Jewell

Dobyns Rod Warranty

Post by Jeff Jewell »

Hey Gary and crew
Thanks for having a kick *** warranty.
I just got off the phone with a nice lady at your shop. Told her the truth, that I'm a dumb *** that just broke my favorite rod in my trolling motor bracket. Totally my fault.... She said mail it over here with $60.00 and we will send you a new one....
Sweet man Thanks....
When in Doubt " Set the Hook"
MT

Re: Dobyns Rod Warranty

Post by MT »

I saw a video where Mr. Dobyns said to just send the section of the rod where the model and action labels are. Put it in a padded envelope so it wont tear and that way you won't have to pay to ship the whole thing. Get your hacksaw out!.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Great stick, great sticks, great service.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
BassADD1

Post by BassADD1 »

Totally agree, great rods and great customer service. Snapped my Mike Long Jig Rod in half going for way too much of a hookset. Had a brand new one for the next weekend. :mrgreen:
Landed the fish too!
Jim V.

Post by Jim V. »

Took one of mine to a tackle store that sold Dobyns - gave them $60 - they gave me a new rod - no fuss, no muss. Easier than trying to mail it in.
fishmore

Post by fishmore »

The Dobyns family is a great asset to our sport. When I started using Dobyns rods,I felt like I was finally doing things right. We are proud to have them so close to home.
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Thanks guys. We try to make it easy as possible. I love the "hacksaw" comment and it's very true. Cut that logo out, throw in padded envelope and send it to us. We hate it when rods break but as we all know, there lots of reasons on how one can break. I've always said we don't care if you wife beats you with it :D or your dog chews the end off :D :D Well, we got one that a dog chewed about 6 inches of tip off. Can't use that line anymore :D Still havn't got one back that says..."my wife beat me with my fishing pole"...but then maybe we have and no one wanted to admit it :D :D Thanks a ton guy!!
Jeff Jewell

Post by Jeff Jewell »

It's in the mail.....
When in Doubt " Set the Hook"
Jim Wilson

Post by Jim Wilson »

Question for Gary. I bought a Champion 734c off of ebay and one of the guide inserts is damaged. The seller says he will pay for repair. Question is, do you just repair guides and how much to do so or is it more economical just to pay the $60 and get a new rod? Thank you in advance. Your rods are truly the best I've owned.
Jim
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

[quote="Jim Wilson"]Question for Gary. I bought a Champion 734c off of ebay and one of the guide inserts is damaged. The seller says he will pay for repair. Question is, do you just repair guides and how much to do so or is it more economical just to pay the $60 and get a new rod? Thank you in advance. Your rods are truly the best I've owned.[/quote]

Jim,

Yes, we will repair but shipping rods back and forth is expensive. If you'll call the shop 530-671-1989 and tell us which guide, we'll ship you the guide on us. You can have repair done locally. Much easier and cheaper....but again we'll repair anytime too.
Jim Wilson

Post by Jim Wilson »

Thank you Gary. I will contact the shop Monday.

Jim Wilson
Jim