Ambassadors classic ???????

bassrippin365

Ambassadors classic ???????

Post by bassrippin365 »

Does anybody know about this because I can't find any info other than the date.
slkric

Re: Ambassadors classic ???????

Post by slkric »

It's this weekend. Sat night.
Joe Bruce

Post by Joe Bruce »

how much ? what time sign ? 1 or 2 weigh ins ? flemming ? Rafel ? 7 to 7 ?
barse41

Post by barse41 »

Joe. I think it's back to 150. Single weigh in. 7 to 7 Small raffle. Fleming
theres a fine line between fishin and standin on a boat like an idiot
fishin musician

Post by fishin musician »

What happened to this tournament????? This used to be the funnest one around. I can't believe they have let this get as bad as it is. I fished this tourney for the first time in 1998 and there were around 198 boats. Even had a Triton boat raffle for $10.00. You could see black lights glowing everywhere. It was a complete blast. I called to find out the date for this tourney back in March and was told it was July 20th. Monday evening I get a call from a friend asking how I did in the "Miller"? I told him its not until Late July. He said they just had it last Saturday. Long story short, I confirmed it and was really upset. I then told my partner who was also upset.
Point being...... someone has really dropped the ball on this great tourney. Every year gets less and less boats. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE....... someone take this tourney over who has the passion for great night tournaments and get it back to the way it once was. Someone who can get the permit for a good weekend thats not on a holiday or graduation weekend like it just was. Also someone who will MAIL out entry forms, advertise it, have the Red Bull girls again, BBQ!!!!!!! I know I sound crazy but WHAT HAPPENED????? Too many circuits you might say. Here's an idea. Why doesn't the TD's of Angler's Choice, Future Pro, WRL etc.... get together and make it a tourney all together. Still have it as an open tourney. The TD's can split the money evenly for their selves ( whatever that is ) and have a good payback to top 15 teams. Just wish it was big and fun again. Maybe I'm crazy. Just sayin'...........
Lugnut

Post by Lugnut »

As a member of the AmBassAdors for the last 10 years, I will tell you this. A great deal of planning goes into to this event every year. Yes, the number of boats has seemed to decrease over the last several years, the numbers speak for themselves. If your an outsider looking in it might be easier to say.....they have lost there passion.....as a member I will tell you that is not the case. I will also be the first one to say, you can always do better. Unfortunaetly this year I was not able to help out my fellow members do to family and work obligations. That being said here is what I have noticed over the last several years - First off it has been harder and harder to secure a permit with all the circuits, clubs, etc. that are now out there. Then when you do, I am pretty sure someone can find fault or conflict with any date that is set. If you go back 10-15 years there wasn't as many options as there are now. Plain and simple, if a team or individual has to choose between fishing one of there trail events, or even prefishing for an event or fishing an Open tournament, what do you think there going to choose? Second, procuring donations. It has been very difficult to procure donations as in years and decades past. We are fortunate to have folks, and businesses that have supported us over the years but many have either went out of business or are unable to help do to financial hardships. We have went from having raffles that participants complained took to long, because we had so much stuff, to our Club scraping together money to purchase items, and our members donating items themselves just to have a raffle. Now I could go on, but basically what I am trying to say is were trying and I would personally like to say Thank You to all my fellow AmBassAdors for doing another Great job. Say what you want about our tournament, but please don't question our "passion". We put to much into it to say we lack passion.........
Don't ask about my username, all I need to say is check yours and check them often.

HomeBrew Tackle Co.
semipro

Post by semipro »

Actually, I like the idea of the TD's getting together on the night tournament. Mine is this weekend and I am not expecting a good turnout. Be nice to get a bunch, but I am a realist! Maybe we could work together to get all the circuits on board and then work out some kind of mutually agreeable financing that would satisfy the organizations and the fisherman!
Steve Marino
(209) 918-1639

http://www.ownerhooks.com
http://www.yakimabait.com
http://www.vicious-fishing.com/
Bruce Theriot

Post by Bruce Theriot »

Did the results of the tourney get posted and if not what were the results. Thanks
bassrippin365

Post by bassrippin365 »

I fished the Ambassadors this year and I have to say it had a lot of the same qualities that made this tournament great in the past. The 7pm to 7am format is right on the money. When you have a double weigh in , it eliminates the upper half of Pedro such as Woods, rough and ready, and Moccasin. The raffle they did this year was spot on. It appeared that everybody that fished it went home with a little something. Nobody expects to win a million dollars in raffle , but it sure is nice coming away with something worms , crank baits, etc especially if Pedro gets the better of you throughout the night. The only thing I noticed that left me scratching my head was the promotion effort put into this event. In years past , everybody that fished the year prior received a flyer in the mail well in advance of the tourney date. This year was like going on a manhunt for information about the tournament. I believe if they promote this thing like they have in the years past and continue the format that they had this year, it will continue to grow in numbers. This tournament has a lengthy list of followers that will come back with promotion and a format that they can expect year in and year out. My philosophy is if you can't man up for one night a year, then keep your candy *** at home. I'm out
minnkotaman

Post by minnkotaman »

i won this event back in "84
and i was told they lost all of there records and have never
received notice of the tournment until like now. 1 day before.
it's a great tourament but getting the info on it sucks.
jim l.
and i am still active but have plans for saturday.
golfish67

Post by golfish67 »

As president of the Ambassadors I would like to thank everyone who continues to support our tournament. All the feedback I've read here is very helpful in planning this event. We put about 6 months of work and planning into this event. With limited resources. I'll admit the advertising this year was sub-par. Last years tournament was our 40th annual and we put everything we had into it and still fell short of expectations. We will continue to try our best to put on a great event and invite any and all feedback negative or positive. This is your tournament too. I think we are all in agreement about a single weigh in. We would be happy to mail out fliers to those that are interested via email or snail mail. If you would like to be on this list email me at golfish67@aol.com. I will start a database. And take it upon myself to make sure everyone is informed about this event in the future. But you guys have to do your part and spread the word, the best advertising is still word of mouth. Thanks again for your support.