My Custom Valco "BASSBUSTER1" to be decomssioned!! :-(

DeltaBassBuster

My Custom Valco "BASSBUSTER1" to be decomssioned!! :-(

Post by DeltaBassBuster »

Hey Guys,

If any of you out there are a federal employee like me and are soon to be furloughed or are ready going through it I know I'm not alone. As I've been getting older through the years and the old 1984 12ft Valco is always seems to be in need for more repair work(and have not been feeling as safe in it any more) I've decided to decomission her. :-( Looking forward in the year 2014 in building "BASSBUSTER2" which plans on being a 16 ft. welded aluminum hull. Due to current job/financial situations I need a temporary boat until some day able to buy a real bass boat (maybe retiremement LOL). Any suggestions out there on a particular brand I should be looking at for a 16 ft hull(preferbly a wide body/beam style)? I enjoyed building my first custom bass boat about 15 years ago and decided to have fun doing it again for now to get me back on the water hopefully back in later 2014 (bank fishing and float tubing for now). In the future during the building process I plan on keeping you guys posted with pics and maybe even videos of the building process for any of you younger bass fisherman that are thinking about building your first custom bass boat. I miss doing my part helping with the fishing reports and supporting this website. I'd like to get back to doing some more videos also.

Have fun out there, be safe, and wear your life jackets,
DeltaBassBuster
kraetzer

Re: My Custom Valco "BASSBUSTER1" to be decomssioned!! :-(

Post by kraetzer »

Sad to hear -> always loved reading your reports with Bassbuster1 but I hope you will have fun building Bassbuster2.
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
Rod Martin

Post by Rod Martin »

Why not add a couple of 12" round 14' long pontoons to the side of your current boat and use it till you can afford newer and bigger

http://www.hotwoods.com/PontoonFloats.htm

I have a set you can look at to see if it would work on your boat, if you are around Stockton
TR177 Ranger/ Mercury/Lowrance/ Ghost TM
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

I also fish out of a 14' Aluminum that I built a deck and floor in, basically a mini bass boat. I'm getting to the point where I want a bigger one as well. I've been looking at the Trackers, they are pretty cheap for the stripped down basic welded jon boats. That's what I would go with if I were to build another one.
DeltaBassBuster

I've been looking at those Utility Trackers, looks like they would be a good choice. I hope they would just let me buy the hull. I don't want the package deal. I purposely bought the "Easy Loader" trailer because it is adjustable up to 16 ft boats. I'm also hoping they would be willing to take my old 12 footer as as a trade-in so as to easily get rid of it too.
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

They have the 16' Grizzly Welded Jon for like 2700 bucks. Boat only. It's already got a small front platform, looks like it would be easy to mod and made a nice little bass boat.
DeltaBassBuster

I believe they also have a model with the MOD "V".