High School Fishing League

coachkevm

High School Fishing League

Post by coachkevm »

I am starting a High School Fishing league in the Santa Clarita Valley and have 3/6 High Schools with at least one team and am hoping the other 3 come up with at least one team. I am looking for sponsors that would like to get involved in this new and exciting endeavor. I would love to be able to give out product and prizes to the winning team at each tournament. I am tentatively looking at having 3-5 tournaments during the school year and if you know of are if you are interested in donating to the cause then let me know by responding to this post or PM'ing me.

Thanks
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

Phil. 4:13
I can do all things through Christ the Lord who strengthens me.
Team Davies

Re: High School Fishing League

Post by Team Davies »

You can count on us to support you.

Team Davies
DeLynn
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

That is Great!!! Team Davies is on board!!! Who else out there wants to become a sponsor??!!
Kevin
Pink Fishing, Crossed Industries, TackleWorkz, Shredfin Fishing, P250, Picasso, IRod, TCHG, BoatEFX, Bioenno Power, Spearpoint Hooks, TH Marine

DL

Post by DL »

I sent a message to Barron about getting the Top Stick involved...
"Feel the steel"
John Barron

Post by John Barron »

Kevin knows he has my support.
Kevin I sent you a text
Skeeter Boats
Cousins Fishing Tackle
Ardent Outdoors
Robo Worms
Revenge Baits
Tackle Warehouse
Trapper Tackle
Drifterz Elite Fishing Apparel
Peregrine 250 Boat Cleanung Products
bassnrob

Post by bassnrob »

I have two sons in Yucaipa that would love to start a high school team and join your league league.They have two Ranger z series boats.How can they get involved?
Call Robert at 951-453-4971
Ron T.

Post by Ron T. »

Hay Kevin, My son Kevin, mentioned getting involved in your club at Saugus. Hit him up at the next practice.
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Ron...already have him on the list!!
Kevin

kopper_bass

Post by kopper_bass »

Hi Kevin,
Your idea sounds great. Glad to see you taking the lead on this stuff. its great to see high school kids getting involved with fishing vs. the many other activities that are not so rewarding.

I work with Berkley and they just launched a new High School program, so I wanted to pass along the information to you. Please take a look and be sure all the coaches get the info too. See below.

Thanks and good luck,

Kopper_Bass

-------------------------------------------
BERKLEY® GOES BACK TO SCHOOL
Launches First International High School Fishing Club Challenge

COLUMBIA, S.C. (August 14, 2013) – Berkley fishing tackle is going back to school. High school that is, with the launch of the first International High School Fishing Club Challenge. Beginning August 15th, high school fishing coaches can register their school to participate in the program. The program lasts through the school year and offers numerous fishing related opportunities, rewards, product samples and prizes.

“The program is designed to encourage more students to participate in fishing activities through their high schools,” says Roxanne Coleman, Senior Field Marketing Manager, Berkley Fishing. “Throughout the year clubs will be given a variety of team and individual challenges and the successful completion of those tasks will earn the club rewards and points for the team.”

The ultimate goal is to win the Berkley High School Cup. The winning team receives $4,000 in prizes for that fishing team. Berkley will also be awarding 2nd place, 3rd place and honorable mention finishers. This program is not just about catching the biggest or most fish; it’s about learning fishing skills, nature conservation and creating a lifetime hobby.

“Berkley Fishing is stepping outside the box to bring a one-of-a-kind fishing program to high schools in the US and Canada,” said Chris Hockley, Berkley Brand Marketing Manager. “Our objective is to enhance the student’s enjoyment of fishing and all that comes with the sport.”

Fishing clubs do not have to be sanctioned by the local board of education, but must be a part of the high school, just like the debate or math clubs.

For more details and to sign up team coaches (only one per school) register at http://www.berkley-fishing.com/high_school_registration.
Nobody remembers who came in 2nd place. Fish Hard - Play Hard!
coachkevm

Post by coachkevm »

Kopper....thanks for the info...I submitted an application for the club and we will see how it goes.
Kevin