Escape Hatch
Cross Carbon Drag Washers
12 pounds max drag*
Offset Handle
Center Clutch Design with two way action
5.5:1 (right hand only), 6.3:1 and 7.2:1
$179.99

SVS Infinity

Shimano’s newest innovation in brake system technology, SVS Infinity provides easy-to-manage, consistent spool control and brake force on the new Curado I series baitcasting reels. With brake weights that use ‘inner friction’ against the raceway during the cast, SVS Infinity controls spool speed especially when using lighter lures, plus the external adjustment knob provides for quick, precise adjustments for either the conditions or when you switch baits. Combined with X-Ship Technology, anglers will experience precision cast control.

X-Ship

X-Ship provides improved gear durability. By supporting the pinion gear on both ends with bearings, the pinion gear maintains precise alignment with the drive gear. This means the gears will stay in the same position under the heaviest loads. The added benefit is that friction between the spool shaft and gear is eliminated, enhancing the casting performance with lighter lures, and allowing for longer casts.

S3D spool Shimano Stable Spool Design

Shimano’s S3D technology leads to significantly reduced spool vibration. By designing a balanced and uniform thin wall aluminum constructed spool, S3D creates an incredibly smooth feeling when casting and retrieving lures. What this means is that we have found a new way to machine the spool which creates a uniform thickness of the material throughout the entire spool. The result is a smoother feeling cast and retrieve.

Center Clutch Design

The clutch has a more positive engagement and disengagement with this new design. It is also a two way clutch. This means you can use the thumb pad to engage the clutch for flipping applications.

Escape Hatch

By flipping a switch, the side plate swivels downward, giving the angler quick access to adjust the VBS weights. The switch is located in a position that is easy to use, yet remains out of the way to prevent accidental opening. The side plate is smooth for comfort when palming the reel. The side plate is attached and retained via a post and spring.

Unfortunately the advertisement for the reel ran about a month earlier than it was supposed to. As many of you have seen, the retailers are posting the reels on their websites. The reels will not be available until the end of February with the left hand versions coming later.
drew

Re: 2014 Curado I

Post by drew »

How does the I fit into the line up of previous years? For instance is it still a level below the Curado E and Chronarch E which are equal.
bantam1

Re: 2014 Curado I

Post by bantam1 »

I feel it is superior to the E in every way. It has more power, a better drag, a better spool, a better braking system, better gear durability...