A rig rod

Grant

A rig rod

Post by Grant »

Which rod do you all use to throw an A rig? Which reel? Do you throw a 3 arm with baits or a 5 arm with baits and blades?

Just trying to get a feel for which equipment has the best word of mouth if I decide to start throwing A rigs.
elfish16

Re: A rig rod

Post by elfish16 »

for an affordable yet PERFECT action, get the IROD Bama Rig rod. $149 is so affordable and is the perfect action for tossing the rig. Reels all depend what you want. I like the Curado 300e or I will throw a 300 Size round reel like the Cardiff or Calcutta for a slower retrieve.

Baits... depends. Some days they want the smaller 3 arm rigs and smaller baits and others you can throw a picasso extreme baitball style bait with 18 baits and dummy baits.

Just go throwing the baits!
Eric Elshere

https://donssmokinsalmon.com
https://maxima-lines.com
Tony Lain

Post by Tony Lain »

Take a serious look at the new Daiwa Tatula series rods and reels. Daiwa Zillion swimbait series rods are a bit more pricey, but awesome as well. I use the Zillion rods for this technique with either a Zillion reel or Tatula. Depends on bait sizes and line size.
RANGER Boats - MERCURY Marine
thereeldreamer

Post by thereeldreamer »

+1 on the Irod
Nicholas H.

Post by Nicholas H. »

iRod and be done with it....
TeamBeefmaster

Post by TeamBeefmaster »

I love my st croix mojo swimbait rod, 1-4oz, 7'9". it is $130 and has a 5 yr warranty. i pair it with a 300e corado. I just donated this combo at the Castaic Lagoon. bring you snorkel gear and go find it!!
BK Ammenwerth

Post by BK Ammenwerth »

Irod all the way, I actually love the punch rod for the Arig, I know it was designed for this at first but it has the perfect tip and will chuck an arig a mile with a curado 300! Love it.
jmats

Post by jmats »

I would give phenix Rods M1 Umbrella rig series a try super light weight very duarble awesome rod! and fishermans has a no tax sale this weekend! :)