American Bass has huge news, Night fishing in So Cal Area!..

1socalbass

American Bass has huge news, Night fishing in So Cal Area!..

Post by 1socalbass »

Hello Anglers,
Due to the water level and water conditions (quagga muscles) at Lake Piru, I decided it would be best if I could run events at a different body of water, if it was possible. With Piru getting Quagga muscles and the restrictions that come along with it, I felt I would be doing a disservice to you, the anglers, having your boats restricted during the summer months. American Bass has some exciting news to finally announce! After months of working on this project, everything has finally come together. On June 7th 2014 American Bass will conduct our first Lake Pyramid Evening event!!! As far as we know there have only been a couple of charity “after hour” fishing days at Lake Pyramid, but this is going to be an entire, qualifying region for the 2014 season. This region is going to replace the Piru Nights Region. The dates will be the same as the Piru Nights schedule. These events will be from 5:00pm to 11:00pm, and they will feature a 5 fish limit. Lake Pyramid is arguably the best lake around right now and it will be like fishing a brand new lake at night. These tournaments are going to have some great turnouts, don’t miss out.

Even with the low water level at Piru last year, we started the season with just under 40 boats, and you could almost walk deck to deck. Lake Pyramid is going to have plenty of water for any number of boats, and there should be some big fish caught, and even bigger turnouts!

*There will be 6 events over the summer (The same schedule that has been posted for the Piru Nights Region)
*Best 5 count towards Angler of The Year
*Best 5 count towards qualifying for a 2014 Team Classic
*If you fish all 6 events, you will automatically qualify for a 2014 Team Classic
*It’s like fishing a brand new lake
*6 hour events, 5 fish limits
*The first qualifying region for night events at Lake Pyramid
*Great fishing, Big Paydays, Big turnouts
*No dominate person or team to compete against; it is anyone’s chance to win

My staff and I are looking forward to a great region coming up. We look forward to seeing all of you out there for these events. I will be taking pre-signs for these events, I am expecting a huge turnout at these events, there are going to be a lot of pre-signs for these events, I would like to have as many teams as possible pre-sign so that the registration will go as smooth as possible.

Here is a link to the ABA Lake Pyramid Evenings Regional Page:
http://americanbass.com/index.php/en/so ... nfilters=0
American Bass #1 Team Tournament Organization in the West www.americanbass.com, www.americanbass.mobi, Facebook.com/AmericanBass
Sponsors: RangerBoats,Mercury,Daiwa,Optimum Baits,Deps,IMA,Reins,AnglersMarine,Navionics,Lowrance,Ron Speed Jr Adventures
Greg E.

Re: American Bass has huge news, Night fishing in So Cal Are

Post by Greg E. »

Congrats Jason and ABA for getting this done. That being said, 5 to 11 is not much NIGHT
in night tournament. At 5 mph it takes 30 minutes to get in and it is not dark till 9 so that is only an hour and a half of night fishing. Also, Saturdays in June, July, Aug the parking lot will be full, where
are you going to park 40-60 rigs. I know the time is probably locked in, but at least 6 to midnight would make both problems a little smaller. Anyway, still good news.

Greg E.
Brian Linehan

Post by Brian Linehan »

Good Job Jason. Should be fun and I hope you get good draws!
1socalbass

Post by 1socalbass »

Thank you Brian. ... You should come out to at least one of them.

Greg E. - I completely understand what you are saying. There has been a lot of back and forth trying to figure everything out. The first 3 events there will be shortened time of fishing in complete darkness, but the August and September dates that wont be a problem.
One thing that most of my Piru Nights anglers liked about the region was the hours of the event. There are additional reasons for the hours as well (cost being the biggest one). As for the parking, if you fish the events you will see what the plan is to handle the parking, as long as the plan I have with the lake works out, everything will be just fine!

I will have more info as we get closer on the ABA Page.

Jason
American Bass #1 Team Tournament Organization in the West www.americanbass.com, www.americanbass.mobi, Facebook.com/AmericanBass
Sponsors: RangerBoats,Mercury,Daiwa,Optimum Baits,Deps,IMA,Reins,AnglersMarine,Navionics,Lowrance,Ron Speed Jr Adventures
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

Awesome. I'm in. I've been waiting for this to happen for a long time. Good job, Jason.
Ron T.

Post by Ron T. »

Im totally in as well. Excited but I also would like to have more time in the dark , no lice and escape the summer heat. 7:00 to 1;00 .
mrobinett

Post by mrobinett »

Not that I'm looking a gift horse in the mouth, but 7 to 1 would be perfect.
1socalbass

Post by 1socalbass »

bump