New Dirty Donkey

Calmassey

New Dirty Donkey

Post by Calmassey »

Just wanted to get the word out on ABT's newest addition to their custom poured line-up of Trophy Baits.

We all know the Glide Bait bite is slowing down and the Topwater bite is on fire, so you might want to check these bad boys out!

Allen calls them his Dirty Donkey's and I used the Bluegill pattern during my Day2 FLW comeback on the Delta. I also won the AC Team at Clear Lake last Sunday with the Carp pattern.

They've got that same density as the popular wood versions which we all know is critical, and his version of this walk the dog style big fish bait is now available in the 6.5in 3oz. size in my 6 favorite color patterns I've shown here. They come with Owner #1 trebles attached with #6 Owner Hyperwire Split Rings and an 8.5" version is in the works as well!!!

The difference maker for me though is the "True 90" side-to-side surface action allowing you to keep this bait in one place longer. I also really dig his modified design with a Cupped Throat and re-positioned line tie that creates a sic blurping/ripping sound. That right there sets this bait days apart from a Punker and they also work way better on windy days even in a decent chop.

I recommend you get ahold of Allen at the factory 559.683-8202 for introductory pricing before all the shops get them.

Cya onda water!!!!
Attachments
CupThroat
CupThroat
Dirty Donkey
Dirty Donkey
Pappy

Re: New Dirty Donkey

Post by Pappy »

Charley's assessment of the Dirty Donkey is right on. I was fortunate enough to talk Allen out of one of his prototypes and fished it for three afternoons. I was able to catch numerous fish between 3 and 6 with 4 over 7. It is one bad *** big fish bait.
Dennis "Pappy" Papike
Cal-West Custom Rods
MADBASS11

Post by MADBASS11 »

What a bad *** looking hand crafted bait. The Detail looks awesome. Nice job guys.....
Biggvic

Post by Biggvic »

Any idea what these will retail for? They look awesome!
Pappy

Post by Pappy »

FYI . I talked to Allen and he told me that the baits are going to retail in the stores somewhere between $70 to $75. At the moment he has a introductory price directly from ABT for $60.00 until they go out to the retailers. Believe me they are well worth the money if your hunting for big topwater fish.
Dennis "Pappy" Papike
Cal-West Custom Rods
m saavedra

Post by m saavedra »

This is my first cast ever with this bait, its the real deal. In the moment of landing a fish and my excitement of breaking in my new bait, like an idiot I called it a Dirty Dog, please allow me that one oops and give proper credit to the 'Dirty Donkey'.
ash
SpeedBump

Post by ash »

I didnt know the Lunker Punker was making a come back - Really no Bass color or Dawg Footprint on the top - SMH
- JaJa Jigs - Get THUNKED
Links to Check Out -
https://www.instagram.com/jm_ash/
https://www.bestbasstournaments.com/
Keith Rakoncza

Post by Keith Rakoncza »

Dirty Donkey produced some good ones first trip out! As usual, ABT does it again.
Attachments
dirty Donkey fish
dirty Donkey fish
m saavedra

Post by m saavedra »

Just talked with ABT and the feedback on the Donkey is awesome, also they have taken to heart some of the criticism on the price and lowered the price to 59.99 on TW. What people need to take into consideration is the time and effort put into each bait, every bait is tank tested before and after paint to ensure quality control. the mark up isn't what you would think, these baits aren't coming from china. Also, for what its worth, this is not a Punker knock off, the profile may be similar but that's where it ends, those who have used this bait know what I'm talking about. I'm not saying anything bad about the Punker it is an awesome bait that is tried and true and use them myself, but once you throw a Donkey you will see what you've been missing, I'm not trying to stomp on anyone's hardcore passionate love of the Punker, but if you fished both baits then you know the difference, if you have not then keep you bait bashing to yourself until you have valid opinion. Pick one up you won't be disappointed, thanks and keep on chuckn.
Mike Thomas

Post by Mike Thomas »

m saavedra wrote:Just talked with ABT and the feedback on the Donkey is awesome, also they have taken to heart some of the criticism on the price and lowered the price to 59.99 on TW. What people need to take into consideration is the time and effort put into each bait, every bait is tank tested before and after paint to ensure quality control. the mark up isn't what you would think, these baits aren't coming from china. Also, for what its worth, this is not a Punker knock off, the profile may be similar but that's where it ends, those who have used this bait know what I'm talking about. I'm not saying anything bad about the Punker it is an awesome bait that is tried and true and use them myself, but once you throw a Donkey you will see what you've been missing, I'm not trying to stomp on anyone's hardcore passionate love of the Punker, but if you fished both baits then you know the difference, if you have not then keep you bait bashing to yourself until you have valid opinion. Pick one up you won't be disappointed, thanks and keep on chuckn.
I've got the same opinion. Don't get me wrong, The Punker is a GREAT bait and I'll never say a thing to take anything away from it or part with the collection of them that I own. I've thrown them for a long time and caught A LOT of big fish on them. Jeremy has done an awesome job with it.
If you fish Punkers and you haven't thrown a Donkey you should at least give it a try, Like Mat said there ARE differences in the bait that do make it unique. Yes it's similar in profile, Yes it's a big "walk the dog" surface bait. Watch both bait's and listen to both bait's. You'll see and hear the difference's between them. It's kind of along the same line's ( at least in my eye's ) as comparing a spook to a vixen to a chuggin' spook to a repo man they all have their difference's and their time and place. Anyhow that's my .02, Not that it matters.
Pappy

Post by Pappy »

Just to let you guys know that like throwing the Dirty Donkey Allen just came out with the Donkeys big brother ( Dirty Donkey 2) with an articulating tail and believe me this bait is in a class all its own. I got the first one from him last night and threw it at the local pond and it will blow your mind on how effortlessly this bait will walk or glide depending on how fast you fish it.
I'm going give this bait a good workout at Okeechobee right after I'm done at ICAST. :wink:
Attachments
dd 2-1.JPG
Dennis "Pappy" Papike
Cal-West Custom Rods
Keith Rakoncza

Post by Keith Rakoncza »

That is one thing about Allen, he never stops expanding and improving on his baits! Love the Dirty Donkey II.
Pappy

Post by Pappy »

Your right Keith, Allen is always on the cutting edge and is always thinking of ways to improve his baits. He used to design baits for Strike King so he definitely knows what he's doing.
Dennis "Pappy" Papike
Cal-West Custom Rods
m saavedra

Post by m saavedra »

The original Donkey still puts 'em in the boat.
http://youtu.be/hLLgWjrcqiQ