Not sure! TM pedal recessed box.

Don R

Not sure! TM pedal recessed box.

Post by Don R »

I'm not sure what the box is called. It is a recessed box that the TM pedal sits in so there is less fatigue when using TM. Does anyone know what they are called and if still available? I would really like to buy a kit if possible. Thanks in advance for any help!
Don R
Gene Buchholz

Re: Not sure! TM pedal recessed box.

Post by Gene Buchholz »

It's called a comfortrol. I am out of stock right now but you can get the info off the websight.
Gene
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

Bass Pro carry it and your not too far from Modesto.
kmah

Post by kmah »

Call Jim directly at ComforTroll he can get one out to you same day. (805) 237-0549

K. Mah
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Be sure and cut only as deep as you need to get through the carpet and deck, so you can open it up and see if anything important is in that area.
Also, if you use a pedestal, make sure you check the pedal position before you cut. You don't want to put the recess too close to the pedestal. Mine is 18" from center of pedestal to TM pedal pivot point.
It's a little tight, but it works for me. I'm 5'9" and weigh 160lbs. My fishing buddy is 6'3", and north of 250, and it's tight for him.
20" would be ideal for me, and 22" would probably be ideal for him.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Vernonn

Any Regrets from installation?

Post by Vernonn »

I've also been contemplating installing the Comfortroll recessed box. Just wondering if anyone has caused the deck to collapse when a large person uses the deck after installing one of these.

Any installation horror stories? (cut something they shouldn't or too far or too deep?)

Thx!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

If you can, it's always a good idea to install a side to side gusset beneath the end of the cutout toward the pedestal. Once you have the hole cut you can see what your options are.
If you have a double deck configuration, like the older Champions with the front livewell, you can install a prop leg from the cutout to the deck below.
Just be sure its pressure treated if you use wood.
CLEAN AND DRY
ihookem

Post by ihookem »

I put one in my 520 Ranger about a month ago. Bought the parts from Ryan over at C&C marine in Citrus Heights. Piece of cake to install or they can do it for you. Lay the template where you want and tape it down. Drill a hole in the corners to start and cut out the template. Use a jig saw to cut it out. . I had to make a few cross cuts to break the deck out as the foam held the cutout piece down. A flat pry bar to break the foam and deck loose worked well. Once the deck was out, use a Sheetrock hand saw to cut the foam out. It cuts fairly easy and can be broken out with the flat bar. Cut a slot for the drain hose, vacuum everything out, and install. The only thing to watch out for, as I put mine very close to the front of the boat, is the rod tubes and unfortunately you will not know where those are until you hit em then it is to late. Cut into one a little bit but not a big deal. The guys over at C&C may have dealt with it more and may know how far back to hold the recessed box as to not hit them when cutting it out.
Good luck
rico

Post by rico »

If my memory is working, there was more than one brand. They are not the same size. If you have a small deck, I would look into the smaller box so there is less chance of cutting into one of the support beams. The Ideal install would not cut into the beams.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

When I cut one into the deck of my Tracker in 2004, when they first came out with the recessed pedal boxes, there were two aluminum angles that went from side to side to stiffen the deck, and the pedal box just fit between the two.
CLEAN AND DRY
dwise

Post by dwise »

I chose Comfort Troll simply because it was big enough for a Minn Kota pedal. At the time I had a Motor Guide, but knew that at some point I was going to change it out for a Minn Kota. I have to admit, the tray is a couple of inches too close to my pedestal seat for me, but I got used to it. There wasn't very much room between the bow and the pedestal pole to install the tray.
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club