Congrats Keith Bryan!

Rich hamilton

Congrats Keith Bryan!

Post by Rich hamilton »

Bryan's 10 1/2-pound spot declared world record
Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Bryan's 10 1/2-pound spot declared world record
Keith Bryan, president of Powell rods, received notice today from the International Game Fish Association (IGFA) that the 10.48-pound spotted bass he caught from California's New Melones Reservoir in February has been declared the new all-tackle world record. It also sets the new standard for the species in the 8-pound-test line class.
Bryan caught the fish en route to winning a 2-day California Tournament Trail event.
"I am speechless at this moment," he said. "I already felt like I had lived a dream by winning a pro-am event that day, but to have that fish be declared a world record is something I would have never dreamed of being a part of."
Bryan caught the bass using a wacky-rigged green-pumpkin purple and copper flake (color 330) 5-inch Gary Yamamoto Custom Baits Senko in approximately 10 feet of water. He inserted a 3/32-ounce Lunker City Nail Weight in the nose and rigged it on a size 2 Gamakatsu Wide Gap Weedless Finesse Hook. He threw the rig on a 6103mef Powell Inferno spinning rod and size 3000 Shimano Sahara reel filled with 8-pound Power Pro braided line, tipped with a leader of 8-pound Seaguar Invizx fluorocarbon.
"I'm so proud and humbled at the same time by this notification and I'm absolutely beside myself with joy," he said. "I think it's a great thing for the entire Northern California fishing community and for California as a whole that the world record was once again broken in our state; I'm just felling so blessed that I get to be a part of it.
"As great a spotted bass fishery as the state of California has become, I'm certain that this record will fall again soon," he continued. "But to have held this record for even 1 day is a dream, and an accomplishment that any angler should be proud of. It's something that I can say for the rest of my life, that I caught a world-record spotted bass. This has truly been a dream come true."

http://www.bassfan.com/docktalk.asp?id=12012#12012
If I don't meet you no more in this world Then I'll see you in the next one. Don't be late... Don't be late... Stevie Ray/Hendrix
Bassin

Re: Congrats Keith Bryan!

Post by Bassin »

Awesome ! Congrats!
Bryan Vogt..... Central Cal Bassin
Howard Hughes

Post by Howard Hughes »

Congratulations Keith , What a awesome accomplishment !!!
Keith Bryan

Post by Keith Bryan »

Thanks you guys, all of you.

I also want to thank my fishing mentors Ross England of Clear Lake Guide Service and Tom Jolin. They both taught me how to SLOWWWWWW DOWWWWN when needed and they deserve some credit----BIG TIME, whether they want it or not----LOL!

They are also 2 of the best Anglers on the PLANET!

Keith
basslayer

Post by basslayer »

Congratulations Keith. Its great to see someone who has supported the sport so much over the years accomplish a record like this. Well deserved!!!
http://www.powellco.com
www.eyesurrendernow.com
Saulsbury's Earthmovers

Adam Ochoa