Snap Proof Frog Tournament Any Results

Bev Payne

Snap Proof Frog Tournament Any Results

Post by Bev Payne »

:D Does anyone have any results for the frog tourney? It would be greatly appreciated. Good Fishing Bev Payne :)
Randy Walker

Re: Snap Proof Frog Tournament Any Results

Post by Randy Walker »

29+ won it on the pro side... not sure about the AAA side. Several GOOD fish caught...

263 or 266 boats total.

hopefully full results will be up soon

Randy
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
Calmassey

Post by Calmassey »

You would think the new owner of Snag Proof would want to make damn sure he leveraged every opportunity to create some excitement (for what very well could be the biggest boat draw tourney on the West Coast so far this year)with at least some basic 1st day/final day coverage/pics/standings/video to post on either WB, the Snagproof or the Anglers Press site and yet here we all still sit.......waiting, hoping, wishing on a Monday morning lookin for just a "lil sumptin sumptin" to make us wanna buy some Snagproof frogs and head out on the Delta/Clear Lake soon.

But no........nothing.

Very dissappointing from people who should have figured out long ago what West Coast Bass Anglers expect and need to stay engaged and help create the hype that keeps us going.

This aint rocket science guys. But whatever...its your company(s), not mine.

Charley
machadobass

Post by machadobass »

I agree!!!
deltabass

Post by deltabass »

I thought for sure someone would be posing the results.....SOMEWHERE by now....WTF
bassrman

Post by bassrman »

Well if they won't post the results ! any one know how the bite is " in general ? also how is "Lazy M" marina these days ? anyone launch there lately ?......
bmshepherd

Post by bmshepherd »

Did they say what was happening with the money from the raffle?
dobynsrods.com
propointlures.com
SnagProof

Post by SnagProof »

I thought I would jump in before this thread gets going in the wrong direction. I want to thank all of the people that came to the event. This was a lot to take on for my 1st ever event on the Delta. All of you were great!
Charley your comments are well received and I will try to meet the West Coast Bass Anglers expectations in the years to come. I agree with your comments and have written them down so I know what to do better next year. I am new at this and am sorry if we as Snag Proof let anyone down at this point.
As for the results of the tournament, my staff and myself have had multiple calls into Anglers Press (FPT) throughout the day asking for the results to be sent. They reside with Anglers Press at this time as they were the paid tournament director. The tournament director did a great job at the event and I should have had the results printed at the conclusion so I could post sooner. It was my mistake for not getting them at the conclusion of the event and I feel bad that I have nothing to put up at this time. This was a big lessoned learned. As of 5:30 pm Monday, I have not been able to get in touch with Anglers Press. As soon as I do I will get information out to all.
Charley, there are videos of the weigh in up on the Video pages of WB under the delta and on YouTube. I am not sure if you saw that.
Snag Proof
Last edited by SnagProof on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
hawghunter

Post by hawghunter »

Leave it to Vince to not post tournament results until days after the event.
TheChaz

Post by TheChaz »

bassrman wrote:Well if they won't post the results ! any one know how the bite is " in general ? also how is "Lazy M" marina these days ? anyone launch there lately ?......
Rivers end is down the st. And is a good spot.
redneck078

Post by redneck078 »

@hawghunter....Did you expect less?
hawghunter

Post by hawghunter »

Nope its the exact reason I haven't fish one of his tournaments in over 3 years (would have fished the snag proof but I decided to get married on the first week of august so anniversaries have conflicted every year)
kb

Post by kb »

Gone Fishin Marine and Ultimate Bass Radio were once again involved in this year's Snag Proof Open and the crew did a great job running this event that yes just might be the largest team event on the Delta all year. I am sure you will see the results posted soon and as Charley said we expect to see them ASAP and for those of us that fished it we want to see who we beat and who beat us!!!! Bobby did a great job as usual, it was great to see Connie and to spend some time with Nathan the new owner I think he has some great ideas for the future. Vince ran a smooth tournament from start to finish. If you missed it come out next year and if you were there you know it was a fun weekend!!!! Let's hear from the folks that fished it and had FUN!!!!!!!!!

Good Job Snag Proof
Kent Brown
Ultimate Bass Radio
California Outdoor Hall of Fame
Ultimate Bass Radio Saturday's on KHTK Sac Town Sports 1140
wayneg
Westernbass.com Staff

Post by wayneg »

And Here Are The Top 50

Pro

AM
basstards23

Post by basstards23 »

Well said KB. What a great event!!

I'd like to say that Loren Jenkins with Trigger Happy Comfort Grips (THCG) did a great job of keeping fresh water on the fish and keeping the line moving. Thanks for keeping the health of our resource and sport going Loren. If you haven't tried a THCG yet, you're missing out!!!

Go getcha a BIGOLPIG....
scubaman

Post by scubaman »

Why was the day 1 blast off at number 82 at 11:00 am. I thought this thing was supposed to start at 11:00 and was timing my launch according to this schedule. Needless to say 40 boats went off before me.

1.) get a PA system that everyone can hear
2.) with 200+ boats launching don't change the start time unless you can communicate it to everyone effectively
Calmassey

Post by Calmassey »

Hey guys thanks for the updates so far and you know I'm not the type to bash. I just get frustrated like many of us when we see great opportunities to create excitement and hype for big events and the companies promoting them go to waste.

Vince and I know each other well and he knows how I feel about the importance of posting results quickly. So..... when stuff like this happens repeatedly, my tolerance level deteriorates quickly.

Like I said before, this aint rocket science and common sense should automatically make this a top priotity in any promoters mind.

Either way, it is what it is at this point and I'm glad to see so many boats show up. Congrats on the awesome turn out and to the Ramano's on their big win!!!

Best wishes to the new owners at Snagproof as well and I still consider your bleeding frog series the best open water frog I've ever thrown. I can walk it in place so easily and the hooks are way better than most guys realize for hooking and holding big fish.

Keep that fire burning guys I hope to fish the next one!

Charley
Gary Dobyns

Post by Gary Dobyns »

Great event. I had a blast. Fish could of ate a little better...wind could of blown a little less on Saturday....a few things could be improved on at the event....but blasting off and weighing almost 270 boats ... getting to see a bunch of old friends...IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!

Bobby B...sucks as an Emcee talking about my football team :D :D

Great job guys!!!!
Last edited by Gary Dobyns on Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bev Payne

Post by Bev Payne »

Thanks for the results. I really like to be at the tournaments, to see old friends. But times have changed and definitely I have to. Like I said Thanks for all the responces. Bev :D :D :D