Banks Lake Bass Fishing

ttb31183

Banks Lake Bass Fishing

Post by ttb31183 »

Banks Lake in Eastern Washington is a favorite among tournament bass anglers. Many of the major team trails have their year end championship on this lake and I would guess that it may the most popular tournament lake in the state. My tournament partner Dan Rice and I will be fishing the Northwest Bass Championship http://nwbass.net/ in a few weeks, so we have been spending as much time on Banks as we can.

The lake itself is really typical of lakes in Washington, huge populations of smallmouth and then largemouth in select areas. The Washington state record largemouth was caught here in the 1977 and was 11lbs 9oz, but since then it has become dominated by smallmouth. Over the past couple years the largemouth have been making a comeback and some spring events take 18-20lbs of all largemouth to win. It's nice now that anglers can choose what they want to fish for and both species have a chance to win.

On our last trip, we caught fish doing several different things and as it starts to cool down the fishing should get better and better. This video shows the trifecta that happens at Banks all of the time; largemouth, smallmouth and walleye.

Nav Charts

SonarCharts
Tyler Brinks