Onboard Battery Chargers?

bryanw80

Onboard Battery Chargers?

Post by bryanw80 »

The onboard battery charger in my trition died so I am in the market for a new one. Can anyone recommend a good brand to go with? I need a 3 bank. Thanks
JLS (Jay Liu's Service)

Re: Onboard Battery Chargers?

Post by JLS (Jay Liu's Service) »

I have a Due Pro 4 Bank and it is 10 years old and no problems :lol: :lol: . They have reconditions one's too give them a call and they can ship direct from the factory (I don't have their phone number :( :( ).
Steve L

Post by Steve L »

Stay away from Dual Pro. They used to be good back in the day. I had a warranty issue and it was terrible. They will not stand behind their products. Lots of other good products out there. Good luck
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

I'm not a battery charger expert. This is the brand I have been using without issue.

http://www.basscatstore.com/propakiii.aspx

Good luck!
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

NOCO is the one I bought and the one Champion John has info on the web site. Too bad they had a sale about 2 month ago for 1/2 price promo. Had problem with my 1st one and they sent me a brand new. Dual Pro use to be customer oriented but not the same service as before from some posting. NOCO is also cheaper than Dual Pro. Also you could mount it standing up or lay it flat which takes less room than a Dual Pro. . Go onto the internet as there's a dealer up in Oregon is the one I bought it from and they ship it down within a few days. I bought the 3 x 10 bank and no problem charging sys backup after a day out on the delta on my 206 champ. Also check as some battery recommend the 10 amp over the 15 for a slower charge. .
Last edited by fishwithron2 on Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dwise

Post by dwise »

I'm using the Dual Pro 3-Bank charger on my Champion. It came with the boat when I bought it used in 2010. It still works, but the green light on bank 2 isn't working anymore. When the time comes to replace my charger, I've been looking at the Minn Kota Digital.
D. Wise
Castaic Bass Club
fishwithron2

Post by fishwithron2 »

Battery stuff.com has the NOCO 3 x 30 for $251.00. Other dealer is $269
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

I agree with JLS I have used nothing but Dual Pro for over 20 as well as sold tons of them.
I have a 3 bank Dual Pro in stock if you are interested and if you get it today you don't pay sales tax.
clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

we have a noco 3 bank in stock 707-262-5852
clearlakeoutdoors

Post by clearlakeoutdoors »

I just found out Dual Pro was sold to Noco!
adamsj13

Post by adamsj13 »

I bought the NOCO when it was on sale, 5 year warranty, cant complain. Charges the batteries fast. It was lighter than my dual pro too.
scottsweet

Post by scottsweet »

I would consider the Stealth Charger. You can get the AC and DC unit and it weighs about 1/3 of the other chargers out there. Smaller too.

The DC unit charges your trolling motor batteries when you run your big motor. The AC unit charges all your batteries when you plug it in.
Scott Sweet

www.teamccmarine.com
www.rangerboats.com
www.humminbird.com
www.minnkotamotors.com
www.lews.com
www.phenixrods.com
www.odysseybattery.com
www.simmsfishing.com
www.peregrine250.com
civicrr

Post by civicrr »

scottsweet wrote:I would consider the Stealth Charger. You can get the AC and DC unit and it weighs about 1/3 of the other chargers out there. Smaller too.

The DC unit charges your trolling motor batteries when you run your big motor. The AC unit charges all your batteries when you plug it in.
I've been running a Stealth 1 AC/DC system for years now. Love it.