Roboworm Storage?

trailersource

Roboworm Storage?

Post by trailersource »

Going through tackle and getting rid of a bunch. Noticing as i do it that im having to trash a bunch of robos because they're bent or kinked. I keep them on my boat in freezer bags and packed tight in falcon speed bags/binders. Wondering if there's a better technique to store robos on the boat without bending them, or maybe i just need to pack less into my speed bags. Want to keep them straight and stored right. Any suggestions are much appreciated
Oldschool

Re: Roboworm Storage?

Post by Oldschool »

Your problem shouldn't be Roboworm specific they are soft plastic that doesn't normally take a set.
Keeping the worms in their original bags, rolled up and laid straight in a storage box should work for any soft plastic worm. If you crush the bags because they are packed too tight, that can damage them.
IF the worms are bent, not crushed, you can boil them a few seconds, then lay them straight to cool. This works on any plastic worm, however will not restore faded colors.
Tom
Chad Sweitzer

Post by Chad Sweitzer »

I have honestly caught more fish on kinked Robos, than straight ones. This is probably because I have way more kinked ones and don't want to replace them, but I like how the kink can add a little kick to the tail on a slow retrieve through suspended fish. Honestly, I think it's more about confidence than anything else.
PB: Spot-9.625 (Shasta Record) LMB-13.27 SM-4.36
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Another thing about Robos is that the colors fade after a while. All of my xtra back up bags of MMIII and oxblood are nearly clear. What now?
~~ I'm trying to think but nothing happens ~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8MhaihAw7I&feature=related
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

Brian D. wrote:Another thing about Robos is that the colors fade after a while. All of my xtra back up bags of MMIII and oxblood are nearly clear. What now?
The MMIIIs in my 3700 box are faded but my unopened back up bags (some in storage for 8 years) haven't faded. Lot to lot variance in their dyes maybe?
RHobbsjr

Post by RHobbsjr »

Will robot replace faded out worms still in the packaging?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

RHobbsjr wrote:Will robot replace faded out worms still in the packaging?
Good question.
GKramer

Post by GKramer »

If your worms have faded, you are not fishing enough.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

GKramer wrote:If your worms have faded, you are not fishing enough.
So many worms, so little time.
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

Anyone and everyone who has faded , oily or bent worms , your fault or not , we will replace them for free , no matter how many or how old. We pride ourselves on having the highest quality product available and the last thing we want is unhappy customers . Call Mark in the office or email us at Roboworm@aol.com give him your info and we will ship them out ASAP!!!!! We will need a picture of the defective baits only because we get LOT of scammers trying to get worms for free . thanks for your business all of us here appreciate it !!!!!!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

mike at robo wrote:Anyone and everyone who has faded , oily or bent worms , your fault or not , we will replace them for free , no matter how many or how old. We pride ourselves on having the highest quality product available and the last thing we want is unhappy customers . Call Mark in the office or email us at Roboworm@aol.com give him your info and we will ship them out ASAP!!!!! We will need a picture of the defective baits only because we get LOT of scammers trying to get worms for free . thanks for your business all of us here appreciate it !!!!!!
Thanks Mike, that's pretty awesome customer service.
Tin Can

Post by Tin Can »

Best way I have found to store Robo's is to leave the cardboard on the package and cut a bottom corner off the bag to get em out. The cardboard keeps the bag from scrunching up and bending the worms.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Tin Can wrote:Best way I have found to store Robo's is to leave the cardboard on the package and cut a bottom corner off the bag to get em out. The cardboard keeps the bag from scrunching up and bending the worms.
X2
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Brian D. wrote:
mike at robo wrote:Anyone and everyone who has faded , oily or bent worms , your fault or not , we will replace them for free , no matter how many or how old. We pride ourselves on having the highest quality product available and the last thing we want is unhappy customers . Call Mark in the office or email us at Roboworm@aol.com give him your info and we will ship them out ASAP!!!!! We will need a picture of the defective baits only because we get LOT of scammers trying to get worms for free . thanks for your business all of us here appreciate it !!!!!!
Thanks Mike, that's pretty awesome customer service.
X2 A class outfit, for sure.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
trailersource

Post by trailersource »

Had no intentions at all of knocking Roboworm quality. Best worms, best quality on the market bar none. Just wanted to see suggestions on best way of storing them since I had to throw out a few packs that had bent worms from cramming them in my speed bags. I'm a little neurotic about having a straight clean looking worm. I appreciate Robo standing behind their product and a big THANKS for building such a quality bait. I appreciate the feedback of keeping the cardboard on. Makes sense to me.
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

Anything you threw away because of quality issues we will replace , I understand you threw these away before talking to us so just make a list of what you got rid of and I will see they get replaced . I want to repeat what I wrote earlier, ANY issues with our bait that are OUR fault we will replace no matter how old no questions asked !!!!!!! We had some plastic issues about a year ago and have since resolved the issue . We do not want anybody upset with our product and we stand behind it 100% . Thanks again for all you support !!!!!
Mitch

Post by Mitch »

WOW !!! You cant ask for any better service than that from ANY company. 'Ive used RoboWorms for years, won money with them, and will continue to use and recommend them. Great product and a great customer service. Thank you Robo Worms !!
2007 "Numb Nut"

Ranger Boats-Mercury Motors
Minnkota Ultrex -TRP Batterys
Raymarine - Troll Bridge
Gloomis - Shimano
Pepper Jigs - Robo Worms
steve black

Post by steve black »

Wow Mike, awesome customer service, Ive only had a half a dozen bags of the 6inch MMIII lose their color that had gone transparent. I took a couple of packs back to the tackle shop where I bought them which they took care of me, again great customer service. After that I just chalked it up to bad batches and moved on. I'll see if I have any bad ones left and send you pics, but either way if they don't get replaced its not gonna stop me buying my favorite go too color, MMIII . That's just the price you sometimes have to pay, but its great to know that the company admitted to having a bad batch problem and is willing to make good to their customers, you cant ask more than that in these times, CLASS ACT ROBO. Thank-you and keep up the good work.
Steve.
mike at robo

Post by mike at robo »

Thank you all for the kind words and support , we have a unique connection with our customers that we will NOT ruin over a few bags of bad worms . 24 years of making baits and we never forget who gots us to where we are at . We work hard to make baits that are the best quality we can produce and make ALL our customers happy , wherever in the world they might be !!!! Thanks again everybody !!!