Boat insurance

adamsj13

Boat insurance

Post by adamsj13 »

I know this gets talked about once in awhile. Im getting ready to renew. My current insurance company is agreed value up to 10 years old, My boat is an 05 which will change the motor from agreed to cash value. The hull and electronics stay at agreed, just the motor changes. Who do you all have? I currently have 1800 bassboat. I see progressive has agreed value for theirs. Has anyone had any dealings with them? I dont fish tournaments, just fun fish.

Thanks
Champion Jon

Re: Boat insurance

Post by Champion Jon »

I have 800bassboat.......cash value is probably not a deal breaker? It may even cost less.
DanIsaac

Post by DanIsaac »

ditto...I've had 1-800-bassboat for 20 years now, and they IMHO are the best hands down...Dan
ReelEx, your source for quality, professional service on your Shimano, Lews, or Revo reels.

Guaranteed 96 hr turnaround on service.
650-454-4938 http://www.reel-ex.com
Tony M

Post by Tony M »

I have had 1-800-bassboat for 13 years. I had one major claim when my 520 was t-boned. The claim was handled quickly and professionally with "0" problems. If you ever have an issue , you will be happy that you have an A+ insurance carrier. The Vandenbergs are Bass fishermen and they take care of us. Don't just shop for the cheapest. Tony M.
5-20

Post by 5-20 »

I recently signed up for a policy through 1-800 bass boat and they were great to work with, but unfortunately, since my boat's older than 10 years, they weren't able to develop an "agreed-on" value policy for me.
Toads for breakfast, lunch and dinner!
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Try Foremost. They are a State Farm company, and I got a great policy from them.
Nick Langer (nlanger@tolmanandwiker.com) is my agent, and he's a fisherman, too, so he helped me get a policy that covers me really well.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Top'r

Post by Top'r »

Foremost........ ALL THE WAY
In 2012 I had a 1995 Champion. Tore up the lower unit on my 200 HP Merc. They fixed it. Got it back, and 8 days later Blew up the motor, Again they fixed it, under the same claim so no additional deductible. All on my AGREED CASH VALUE policy.

I think Progressive makes great commercials, But that's ALL they due.

Clay Sutterfield
Levy

Post by Levy »

From my experience, Boat US is the way to go. The best prices bar none and excellent claims resolution. I have had 2 no hassle successful claims and have been with them now though 2 boats. You can set-up policy as you see fit either agreed value or standard.

My 2 cents!!

Jon Levenson
Randy Walker

Post by Randy Walker »

1-800 bass boat for me as well... Been with them for 8 years and great claim service, 1/2 the price of my prior Formost policy with more coverage and lower ded. No prop coverage... Ken and Stan are good... Helped create the coverages because they are old school fishermen. Cover you while tournament fishing, which some companies out there still don't do I think.

Good lunch ~

Randy
~ Thanks for the support ~
Walkers Brittanys
RBBASS
www.optimabatteries.com
www.outdoorproshops.com
www.lock-n-haul.com/
www.purefishing.com
Berkley Fishing
Abu Garcia
imalures.com
optimumbaits.com
The Rod Glove http://vrxfishing.com/
reddog

Post by reddog »

I know this is an older post but I am looking at a couple boats right now and have narrowed my search so I got some quotes and Gieco was the best price. I have them on my auto policy and had fantastic service when my truck was totaled in a "snowy" accident. Any thoughts? I realize boating is NOT auto but my experience was great with auto so I thought I'd ask if anybody has experience with them and boats? Thanks.
adamsj13

Post by adamsj13 »

reddog wrote:I know this is an older post but I am looking at a couple boats right now and have narrowed my search so I got some quotes and Gieco was the best price. I have them on my auto policy and had fantastic service when my truck was totaled in a "snowy" accident. Any thoughts? I realize boating is NOT auto but my experience was great with auto so I thought I'd ask if anybody has experience with them and boats? Thanks.
Go with 1800bassboat, If your boat is 10 years or newer its agreed value, Most all other insurance is cash value. Difference is agreed gets you what you and 1800bassboat agree on, So if your policy shows 30k and your boat gets totaled you get 30k, with cash value, you get what the insurance company thinks its worth. Always go Agreed value
CalBassin

Post by CalBassin »

I have a policy from Seaworthy Insurance (Geico) and I have been very happy. I was hit by a jet skier last summer and they were very easy to work with. I have an '03 Ranger and have an agreed upon value. After hearing all the great things about 1800BassBoat I may take a look at them in the future, but for now if it ain't broke don't fix it. I think you would be happy with Geico if you chose to go with them.