Temp Reading Stuck

Moderator: Ken Sauret

BSmith

Temp Reading Stuck

Post by BSmith »

I have HDS Touch 12's (2013 models) front and bow that are linked together. My temperature reading on both graphs are stuck at 176 degrees. Tried figuring it out and I can remove them from the overlay but cant get the numbers to give an accurate temperature reading.

Suggestions?????????????????
Newbassfisherman

Re: Temp Reading Stuck

Post by Newbassfisherman »

not sure if that means your temp gauge is broken or not but on my boat, I have a couple sources of temp and one of them is stuck at 32 degrees. I bought the boat used and still trying to figure out which source is which as I have a temp reading for the sonor transducer at the rear, LSS transducer and a separate temp linked into a NEMA network which I have yet to find but works

I went into the setting menu and selected the separate temp gauge and set it to the global source and that works fine.. IF you only have 1 transducer then you probably are looking at replacing the transducer or adding a EP-80R Temperature Sensor. if you have a LSS ducer try selecting that in the setting menu for the source of temp.
NoCAL

Re: Temp Reading Stuck

Post by NoCAL »

All of the above is correct. You need to know which source for the temp information is selected and whether the scope is local or global. Additionally, with the Touch units, the hierarchy for information to be displayed is 2D transducers with temp and then LSS transducers. If you have a 2D transducer with temp installed, the Touch unit will default to that source and not allow selection of a different source. This could be a problem if you have a temp transducer in the bilge and don't want the temp from inside the bilge. The only option in that case is to replace the transducer with a PD-WBL (no temp) or install a NMEA temp gauge which falls outside the hierarchy.

NoCAL