Bass master Elites in Sacramento

Morgan

Bass master Elites in Sacramento

Post by Morgan »

So do they have a big show at the weighing each day, only sat and Sunday? At the convention center? How is this being marketed? We don't get that level of competition very often, how is it being promoted?

I would expect the on-line community to have started the chatter already.

I realize I shouldn't expect to hear about it in Madera, but the Fresno tackle stores should promote it.
Heck! I drive to Sac every year! Taking my Son-in-Law and Grandson to the Sportsman show.

If we want more of these, we need to get excited about it. Seems like back East, they support it really great.

Morgan
WB Staff

Re: Bass master Elites in Sacramento

Post by WB Staff »

Original Press Release: http://www.westernbass.com/dotcom/news/ ... ml?id=6113

elite sac.jpg
elite sac.jpg (73.1 KiB) Viewed 3147 times
JamesH

Post by JamesH »

so how long does it take to run from Discovery Park to Franks Tract? Has to take 20minutes just to get through the fives....
reddog

Post by reddog »

45 minutes is a safer bet. Wait till you hear all the crying from the guys who don't remember that if you're far enough away from the marina you can just run right through the "5's".
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

reddog wrote:45 minutes is a safer bet. Wait till you hear all the crying from the guys who don't remember that if you're far enough away from the marina you can just run right through the "5's".
How far is far enough?
If their wakes cause damage to a moored vessel, are they liable for those damages?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Terry Smith

Post by Terry Smith »

Code 655.2 (a) Every owner, operator, or person in command of any vessel propelled by machinery is guilty of an infraction who uses it, or permits it to be used, at a speed in excess of five miles per hour in any portion of the following areas not otherwise regulated by local rules and regulations:

(1) Within 100 feet of any person who is engaged in the act of bathing. A person engaged in the sport of water skiing shall not be considered as engaged in the act of bathing for the purposes of this section.

(2) Within 200 feet of any of the following:

(A) A beach frequented by bathers.

(B) A swimming float, diving platform, or lifeline.

(C) A way or landing float to which boats are made fast or which is being used for the embarkation or discharge of passengers.

(b) This section does not apply to vessels engaged in direct law enforcement activities that are displaying the lights prescribed by Section 652.5. Those vessels are also exempt from any locally imposed speed regulation adopted pursuant to Section 660.

Hope this helps better understand the 5mph code.
http://www.basscat.com
http://www.tntbaits.com/
Lounge Lizard Extreme Bass Fishing
(916) 719-7225
Fish Trap

Post by Fish Trap »

It is probably going to be at least an hour and and fifteen to get to Franks. The biggest problem is going to be that this is some of the lowest water we have seen in years. Speaking with a couple of striper and shad guides that fish the river every day and they say discovery park is a mud hole and very low for launching. The other problem is going to be the many logs that are usually 5 feet under water are now barely under the surface. Safety in running down a low river could be a big problem. One local guide that I spoke to last night said he has had two friends that have lost lower ends hitting submerged logs on the river within the last month. I hope that the Elites have a safe run to and back for this tournament. Pretty cool to have it in downtown Sac but probably not the best idea considering it is some of the lowest water conditions we have seen in a long time.
Good luck to them.
bassrman

Post by bassrman »

Hope they have plenty of security/ law enforcement ! last time I was at Discovery Park " the "tweekers" "Crackheads" & mentally Ill "where stealing everything they could grab !
Gene Buchholz

Post by Gene Buchholz »

I made the run when Viviano had the West Coast Bass Classic in 1995 it took an hour and a half to get to Sherman lake. Remember they have a set of locks to go through if they will be open. This time of year they are normally closed because of the salmon season
kraetzer

Post by kraetzer »

I think they are still closed. Latest news I could find http://www.usbr.gov/newsroom/newsreleas ... rdID=48226
kraetzer

"I am ready to face any challenge that might be foolish enough to face me" - Dwight K. Schrute
Fish Trap

Post by Fish Trap »

I just made the run to Liberty from Discovery park in Vince's FPT tournament last year. It took 55 minutes and that was at a speed of about 60 MPH. I have made the run from Russo's to the same place at Liberty and that was about 25 Minutes at around 65 mph with the 5 at Brannon Island in 3 mile. No wind, flat calm conditions both times. I am pretty sure the Elites will run their boats faster than mine. So 1 hour 15 minutes should be no problem, with the fives to get to Franks. There are 3 possible routes for them to take. I think the fastest would be the Sacramento river to Steamboat to 3 mile if the locks, etc are closed and they can get away with the distance rule at Snug Harbor and have WOT.