Bigfoot

Garrett Charter

Bigfoot

Post by Garrett Charter »

Not really fishing related but with all the bigfoot shows on tv, got me wondering if anyone has had any sightings or wierd things happen while out on out lakes and rivers. Some of the places we go are pretty remote. Once at lake Oroville, it was still pretty dark out and something spooked just inside the tree line, it took off faster than anything I have ever seen busting thru brush all the way around the cove. I can't say one way or not cause I never saw it but it was crazy fast and big. :shock:
Garrett Charter
Roscoe

Re: Bigfoot

Post by Roscoe »

More than likely a bear.
Richard - Sonora

Post by Richard - Sonora »

So....son-in-law and I were on Trinity a few years back. Left the houseboat in Hay Creek and took the Ranger up river. We were working a long point back toward the creek flow, using troller only and we were not talking. Got back to the willows and heard a racket above the shoreline. When we started talking about the commotion, a bowling ball sized rock landed about six feet beyond the boat and someone/something started pushing a large willow from side to side. Then all was quiet. Bears don't throw boulders and we were a ways from shore. Did we see the source, no. Did we leave the area immediately, yes.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

My bigfoot sightings stopped with my last divorce! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
yjjustforme

Post by yjjustforme »

No Bigfoot stories here but those damn otters slapping their tails super loud on the surface out here on the delta make me jump every time lol
whazup

Post by whazup »

Camping at Clark Fork late in the season, so camp was almost empty. Middle of the night wife and I wore both startled awake with a terrible, loud, screeching sound that went on for few seconds. Like nothing I have ever heard. I don't believe in a bigfoot, but gotta admit the thought crossed my mind, lol. Probably a mountain lion on a kill.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
J Harper

Post by J Harper »

This is a great topic. Never had anything happen in the boat but I do believe that this could exist. Dropped out of fishing a few years back and after my own experience I became a member of the sierras evidence initiative. This is an organization that aggressively seeks an answer to the question. If you want to see a great documentary on this subject go to you tube and type in Dead Bigfoot. This a story of a local guy in Sac that claims to have shot 2 of these creatures. In the past 2 years I have spent 100 nights in the forest with Justin. I have to say I'm leaning towards believing him.
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

In CA, he better hope he has a tag for them! :lol:
CLEAN AND DRY
JKumarbass

Post by JKumarbass »

Not fishing but camping in NJ with my much younger siblings. This was before the Internet, heard some WAY loud and long howls, not any known game animal. When the Internet came along, I heard them again...in recordings from WA state. Can't say for sure what they were, but was no known animal that's for sure. Wish I looked for tracks but really had no idea about bigfoot back then.
http://www.bassgold.com - The world's best bass patterning tool
http://bassblaster.bassgold.com - The best, funniest daily read in bassin'
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

Not to be Debbie downer but 2 questions. Why with all the high tech cameras that hunters use has there not been a good shot of big foot and second question why hasn't a hunter that hikes deep into the forest has seen and shot Bigfoot? I so wanna believe but until there's 100% proof i can't believe in Bigfoot cause there's just no such thing. I'd believe in mermaids before Bigfoot due to the ocean beign 3/4 the size of land and the ocean is just so massive the waterworld is just so big there seems to be a better chance of mermaids than Bigfoot.
Robb R

Post by Robb R »

I think it's possible . So much of the world we live is unexplored . Just today , scientist discovered a new "colorful " crayfish never before seen .
One assumption I think we all make about Bigfoot --- they must be a be a big "dumb" animal . REALLY ??
now let's really stir the pot --- How about Aliens ? For me ----no doubt ---have you ever shopped at Walmart ?
Robb
BassBandit916

Post by BassBandit916 »

J Harper wrote:This is a great topic. Never had anything happen in the boat but I do believe that this could exist. Dropped out of fishing a few years back and after my own experience I became a member of the sierras evidence initiative. This is an organization that aggressively seeks an answer to the question. If you want to see a great documentary on this subject go to you tube and type in Dead Bigfoot. This a story of a local guy in Sac that claims to have shot 2 of these creatures. In the past 2 years I have spent 100 nights in the forest with Justin. I have to say I'm leaning towards believing him.
So j Harper..I quoted you because since your a member of a organization dedicated to these things.

Does a person have the right to shoot this thing if they see it or would they have to be in fear for their life and only shoot it in self defense?

because I think that if you did shoot one and it turns out to be some dumb idiot you would be in a world of trouble
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

The way I heard it, when the big flood came, the Bigfoot tribe built their own ark, and the whole tribe sailed off the edge of the earth, which, as we all know, used to be flat. Of course, that was before GPS and Navionics, or they would still be alive today.
CLEAN AND DRY
FranklinV

Post by FranklinV »

Many Tribes from around the world have names for these upright bi-pedal beings, who have encountered them way before the name "Bigfoot" was given. The Big People are around us all and watch us more often than we think. Many have seen these giant people, but do not tell others due to them thinking differently of them and their sightings/encounters. Many hunters have had them in their crosshairs, but can not pull the trigger because the look "TOO HUMAN". Do you believe in BIGFOOT? or should I say do you think there are many in race of giant bi-pedal beings living in the vast forests, jungles, and remote locations of our huge world, who have left many tracks, gifts, images, encounters, and vivid memories in the minds of a lot people around us. They stay where we are not and continue to live today. Watch Survivor Man Bigfoot and try to figure out how thing disappear without the camera recording it. These people have abilities we have yet to understand and know what we do to try to expose them. They are not animals like some think. My two cents.

I don't believe, I know these being walk among us!
Steve

Post by Steve »

The thing Jay Kumar forget to mention is that he has written at least one book about bigfoot so at some level he is an expert on the subject.

For me, I know too much about the wild world and Ive spent too many years on foot working in the outback right in the heart of bigfoot country. The critter doesnt exist.
whazup

Post by whazup »

......and they like Jerky. True...I saw it on TV.
Fish Laugh at the Mention of My Name
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I think the only surviving members of these oversize humanoids now play professional football. :lol:
CLEAN AND DRY
Stratos278

Post by Stratos278 »

mark poulson wrote:I think the only surviving members of these oversize humanoids now play professional football. :lol:
Nahhh...WWE!! :lol: :lol:
Jim C.
"Rip Some Lips!!!!"
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Stratos278 wrote:
mark poulson wrote:I think the only surviving members of these oversize humanoids now play professional football. :lol:
Nahhh...WWE!! :lol: :lol:
You're right!!! :wink:
CLEAN AND DRY
g-man

Post by g-man »

BassBandit916 wrote:
J Harper wrote:This is a great topic. Never had anything happen in the boat but I do believe that this could exist. Dropped out of fishing a few years back and after my own experience I became a member of the sierras evidence initiative. This is an organization that aggressively seeks an answer to the question. If you want to see a great documentary on this subject go to you tube and type in Dead Bigfoot. This a story of a local guy in Sac that claims to have shot 2 of these creatures. In the past 2 years I have spent 100 nights in the forest with Justin. I have to say I'm leaning towards believing him.
So j Harper..I quoted you because since your a member of a organization dedicated to these things.

Does a person have the right to shoot this thing if they see it or would they have to be in fear for their life and only shoot it in self defense?

because I think that if you did shoot one and it turns out to be some dumb idiot you would be in a world of trouble
Its California so I'd have to believe if you killed one you would be arrested and sentenced. I'm not sure what the penal code would be, but I'm sure it would be something like you OWNED a GUN! Bigfoot is not real but big bears are..

Not trying to be off topic but what is the Cali law on Father to son guns being passed down? I know it use to be Father to son gifts of guns was legal in Cali without any paper work. I heard thats changed?? I went to two gun dealers and one said it has changed, the other said its still ok...
100% LL