Updated Navionics For Older Lowrance Units??

Richard - Sonora

Updated Navionics For Older Lowrance Units??

Post by Richard - Sonora »

My elderly Ranger has two Lowrance 520c's on board and they have served me well. Age, partial retirement and income limitations preclude upgrades. Are there Navionics choices that would be compatible with my current units and buy me expanded information and some of later additions? Thanks in advance........Richard - Sonora
ttb31183

Re: Updated Navionics For Older Lowrance Units??

Post by ttb31183 »

Richard,

Looking at this compatibility guide (http://www.navionics.com/sites/default/ ... uide_2.pdf), it looks like your units will accept several cards but are limited in what you can do. The Gold, Navionics+ and Hotmaps Premium will all work but will not get the same detail as some of the newer units. You will still get the Navionics Nautical Charts which are very good in some lakes and way better than nothing.

I would also check out the Navionics WebApp and click the pull out menu on the left that, when a card type is clicked, will show you what you will see at the lakes you fish most with each card. That can be found here: http://webapp.navionics.com/

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Tyler
Tyler Brinks
Richard - Sonora

Thanks, Tyler, for the info. Precisely what I was looking for. I followed both links and captured them for further. Now all I have to do is decide which of the offerings is best for my style and target waters!! thanks again.....RK
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

Here is another thing to consider: If you have a older Navionics card or a competitor card you can purchase a Navionics Update card for $99. That card will work in your unit. For more info on the update card visit:

http://www.navionics.com/en/navionics-updates

The Wanabepro
Richard - Sonora

Thanks for the Upgrade info........

Ricky, I do indeed have previous version of Navionics and will follow your link to find upgrade path. Any suggestions as to which card would suit my waters?? I fish primarily New Melones, Don Pedro, New Hogan, Tulloch and the Delta. Thanks for the suggestion(s) - Richard-Sonora
rickyshabazz

Post by rickyshabazz »

If you already have a Navionics card or competitor card then the update card is the way to go. You will be able to load an entire region which in this case will be the Western US. You will have all the mapping and data that you need for the lakes in question.
The Wanabepro