Camanche New Record Report

WB Staff

Camanche New Record Report

Post by WB Staff »

From Lake Camanche - posted today

Kevin Miranda of Sac just caught the NEW LAKE RECORD BASS! 18.17 lbs 31" long, 24" girth! Caught out by Little Hat Island on crank bait.

It is reported that Miranda caught it on a River2Sea V-joint minnow crankbait.

Last posted record was caught 1/26/13 by Lonnie Owens St. 15.2 on a swimbait in the main lake.
11027519_1170935439599059_6780188830099508648_n[1].jpg
IsaacG

Re: Camanche New Record Report

Post by IsaacG »

Yay its dead
Tarpon120

Post by Tarpon120 »

Yup........lame
duckslut23

Post by duckslut23 »

Unreal. Can u say replica?
lfg

Post by lfg »

Really they couldn't take a picture while on the lake and then release. Oh well bragging rights you know.
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

Way to go guy, you killed it. It's hard to believe this still happens today. It's not the Great Depression, tilapia is 3.99/ lb right now. Now, instead of praise, everyone will call you a D!<k
Christian

Post by Christian »

Catch and release people, catch and release.... This is a truly saddening picture.
zethkinnettfishing

Post by zethkinnettfishing »

Please remove this thread. These people deserve no notoriety for killing a record bass. This is offensive.
scott39

Post by scott39 »

First off let me say, in no way am I defending these guys. But man you guys are cracking me up. Sac, Do you really eat that Talapia from China or wherver it comes from? Duck slut, How many ducks have you let back into the wild after blowing its head off? Or maybe your user name says it all. Hypocrites. Oh wait, am I being judgmental? LOL
Dobyns Rods
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

Scott, Tilapia are mostly grown in fish farms in the USA or Mexico. But it's just an example. Feel free to waddle down to your local grocery store and use any example you see. You can call me a hypocrite the day I keep a trophy fish; and I've let a 40 lb striper and 10 pound bass go this year. Your not being judgemental, just stupid.
Chefster

Post by Chefster »

I would like to start by saying I practice catch and release. Do I agree with the killing of this fish, no. But the guy has every right to do what he did. Having said that. It sure does suck that the fish doesn't get a chance to grow to a 20 pounder.
Tarpon120

Post by Tarpon120 »

Yup........lame
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

@zethkinnettfishing

The post was not intended to be offensive.

It was posted because it is a new lake record at Camanche. It is the same as when the post for the current state record spotted bass was caught and did not live.

WB posts the info to share the news.

If the anglers that caught it, aren't aware of catch and release, maybe they will become aware with the help of fellow anglers.

There has been no further report on the circumstance of the release/death of the fish; however we will post it as we hear.

Thank you for visiting the site and sharing your comments.
Charles

Post by Charles »

WOW! Ya'll are ruthless for not knowing the facts. I don't know the facts either. Keep a couple things in mind before you bash this guy. The fish was obviously about to spawn looking at the photo. We all know the natural stress that puts on a fish, let alone an OLD fish. We have also had extreme heat that stresses the fish even more. Add the fight that It put up when being caught and that alone could quite possibly kill that fish. I'm just playing devil's advocate. Absolutely I would love to see that fish released but it didn't happen for whatever reason. Just my .02

Charles
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

It's apparent we all care about our wonderful fisheries and hunting of all sorts. We all do what we do to try to get that trophy beast. It's easy to say oh I'd let it go but not very many of us has had the opprutuntiy of catching a fish that size. I say congrats to the guy that caught it and also congrats to quality fisheries here in the west. Time and time again photos of California big bass are popping up everywhere. I say congrats to everyone and everything in that catch, goes to show we out here in the west we have great anglers and huge Bass. I look at this way my fellow anglers, the good man above is stocking his pond for all the great anglers before us to fish up there. He figured California is the place for big bass so he chose that beauty and that fish is in a much better place. Let's all get along and remember we do what we do cause we love it and we ain't gonna stop!!!!
scott39

Post by scott39 »

Sac. I was not calling you a hypocrite. That was toward the Duckslut. Sorry that you didn't get my sarcasm. But on the other hand. You have never done anything morally wrong? What are you 4 years old? I don't know maybe they did kill the fish. So what. For you to Basically call someone a dick for keeping a fish is just plain stupid and childish. I didn't see Ken Mah pipe in and bash them nor did I see Gary Dobyns or Bub Tosh. Why Because they are Classy Fisherman. They May not like it but they are not going to publicly bash a guy for exercising his right as An American to keep a damn fish if he wants to. You have no argument. You are flat out wrong.
Dobyns Rods
scott39

Post by scott39 »

You bashers need to check out the thread "Clear lake this week... 6/19/15. Not one of you chimed in on that. Now that is a fight we need to fight.
Dobyns Rods
lfg

Post by lfg »

You know what scott39, Charles,Roscoe and the rest of you who think "can't we all just get along" NO we can't your mentality is what has gotten us to this stage of in the first place. You may still be living in the past and not willing to embrace the future but I will and do. I'm 68 yrs old, served for 6yrs. and am a retired peace officer. I would have loved to have had a chance to catch that fish when it was a 20. So all of you who are still living in Camelot " BITE ME " I'm done with this and with this forum as long as their are those who think your way .
SacRtrain

Post by SacRtrain »

Scott; No argument? Wrong? I believe removing a fish of this category from any fishery is bad for the genetic pool and potential to produce a world record. Hmmm, pretty hard to argue with that. And don’t bring people you don’t know into you’re argument. Only they know why they haven’t weighed in on this topic. I also love it how you used a slippery slope technique to make this a constitutional right argument. It reminds me of Otter at the end of Animal House, when he's in court and ends with, "And we aren’t going to sit here and listen to you bad-mouth The United States of America...Good Day Sir!" Years ago, people didn’t know any better and took everything home. Today, we try and leave it better than we found it. That’s the basis of my argument. Hey chief, if you want to chime in and set it off, figure out the point you’re arguing before you hit the old keyboard. But I have to give you credit, it's amazing a retard can type in the first place :lol:
scott39

Post by scott39 »

unbelievable. The name calling jeeze. I do not support CATCH AND KILL. All things Die tho. You are completely missing my point. Maybe its photo shopped maybe they found the fish and said they caught it. Who knows? I just don"t think its right to be so judgmental. You have the right to that. I also have the right to call you on it. Again I am an American, The constitution thing. Why are you so bitter? Maybe if I had a mentally challenged child I would be offended by your name calling. But I dont. I just hope they take this thread down before somebody sees your offensive remarks. Oh ya, you are probly right o
about bringing other people in to it. It was late and it was all I could think to say. Did You look at the other thread? Are you not outraged by the mortality rate at that tourny on Clear lake. Really, knowingly have Live wells not working properly. Those are the guys that need bashed. But whatever I'm done.

/
Dobyns Rods
Roscoe

Post by Roscoe »

Hey mr Ifg, I thank you for your services but you need to check yourself. So I guess since you served 6 years and I two tours in Afghanistan and have had many bullets fly by, countless friends wounded and some killed, you think you can say things as bite me and I not stick up for my beliefs? Fishing is fishing and that catch was a terrific catch and says a lot about California's fisheries. That fish was gonna go sooner or later so kudos to the angler that caught it. Don't get on here and get all hyphie regardless of your age I don't think you'd say those things to me if you seen my resume. This world is filled with hate and I seen it first hand so yeah let's just get along. Your probably some old grumpy guy who did serve 6 years and served them brave but don't get on her and tell me to bite you cause I just might and you won't like it . I thank god everyday I get to wake up in a free country and go fish the best fisheries in the country.
WB Staff

Post by WB Staff »

Thank you for those sharing opinions on the new Camanche lake record.
We're going to lock this one up now, so we can all go fishing.