Another monster spot — 11 lbs. 4 oz

jazzwannabe

Another monster spot — 11 lbs. 4 oz

Post by jazzwannabe »

http://www.scout.com/outdoors/wired2fis ... ***-caught

My apologies if someone has already posted this.
Golden Empire Bass Club
WB Staff

Re: Another monster spot — 11 lbs. 4 oz

Post by WB Staff »

From iRod
Stoked on world records!! First day of filming went rather well. Paul Bailey stuck the unofficial world record spotted bass today, 11.4 on the IRG712S #irodfishing
12301502_995531840503797_3878450379761295928_n[1].jpg
RMANZO

Post by RMANZO »

killer fish!!! too bad he happened to be the one to catch it!!!
“BOOK IT”
offthehookbassadventures.com
Facebook OFF THE HOOK BASS ADVENTURES
Instagram Robert Mansor
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

Sounds like the DFW really dropped the ball.
Kyle Murphy, what's going on?
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Oldschool

Post by Oldschool »

Unfortunately to establish a world record it must be validated by an official biologist, catch and release bass don't fit into that category very often.
Congratulations Paul on your catch and I hope you can establish the record you deserve!
Tom
scott39

Post by scott39 »

I have a question about this. Why didn't they take the fish to a certified scale? I understand it is not leagal to transport live game fish but If I had a possible world record I would take it. You can still release the fish. Nobody has to know. Tell everybody you had it for dinner.Or take your chances with DFG for a fine and make them take you to court. Who cares. I beleive Bryan took his catch from Melones to a certified scale and then released her back. Did he get fined? Just seems weired to me. Never the less those are some huge fish and I congratulate them on their catch.
Dobyns Rods
scott39

Post by scott39 »

Dobyns Rods
mark poulson

Post by mark poulson »

I think the no transport rule is so people don't plant fish in areas that aren't their native range. That's how invasive species get spread.
Attitude plus effort equal success
CLEAN AND DRY
Champion Jon

Post by Champion Jon »

I think the right guy caught it. Bailey puts in more time on then water then almost anybody. Also he put the fishes healthy release as a higher priority then him getting the record solidified. There may be different rules for transporting a fish when you are in a tournament VS. just fun fishing. That fish is a PIG and sounds like its well documented with actual video of the cast to catch of it and the weighing on multiple scales. If this fish can't get certified then there is something wrong with the system.
fish_food

Post by fish_food »

scott39 wrote:I have a question about this. Why didn't they take the fish to a certified scale? I understand it is not leagal to transport live game fish but If I had a possible world record I would take it. You can still release the fish. Nobody has to know. Tell everybody you had it for dinner.Or take your chances with DFG for a fine and make them take you to court. Who cares. I beleive Bryan took his catch from Melones to a certified scale and then released her back. Did he get fined? Just seems weired to me. Never the less those are some huge fish and I congratulate them on their catch.
On the IGFA end, a record won't be recognized if any state/local/etc regulations are violated.
Larry Hemphill

Mark is right

Post by Larry Hemphill »

As Mark said, one cannot transport live fish - in a live well, for example. You might remember the Davis Lake situation. The lake had to be drained after other methods of killing the illegal planting northern pike failed. If those pike ever make it downstream from the dam, one can imagine the problem if they became established in our rivers. There is no way that DF&W would ever allow that to happen. I believe they were planted in Frenchman Reservoir before the Davis incident.
DDG

Post by DDG »

Is there still northerns in Frenchman or Davis. I used to fish Frenchman as a kid.
Larry Hemphill

There better not be!!

Post by Larry Hemphill »

After all that work from fish and wildlife, there better not be any left!